General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

the "holy shit!" factor

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the "holy ****!" factor

well, i've owned my formy for about 9 months now.... i drove it almost every day except for this past month. i had put her away in the garage for winter. anyway.... today i had to drive the car (long story), and all i can say is HOLY ****...

it was only a month, but, i forgot what it was like to drive this car. it feels like the car is brand new again.... i couldnt stop smiling the whole time i was driving.

i had gotten used to my 91 laser's sub 100 whp and **** handling.... starting up my LS1 was amazing again and driving it was even better. i forgot what 395 rwhp and 365 ft-lbs feels like. (let alone sounds like through my LT's and GMMG exaust).

ok, ok, i'll stop.... lol, the point is HOLY ****, after only not driving this car for a month i cant believe it, i LOVE this car...
Old 11-24-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats the beauty of having a dd. i drive my moms subie sometimes, then get back into my car and usually almost **** my pants.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Veteran

yea, happened to me today. 3 days since i used the car and BAM.

i had to weld my torque arm because it split so it was out of comission for a week or so.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a 03 silverado. I drive it when its bad weather out and going a week or so then getting in the camaro is a nice change up. What the hell am I saying a couple of days without driveing it and I fire it up and it puts a smile on my face
Old 11-24-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

mines not fast enough for that yet.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the life of having a beater car. While I would like to be driving mine year around, it's just not gonna happen in winter. I hated even waiting 5 days during the week for the weekend to hit. LOL. I miss driving mine now. I want the holy shift factor.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love when i dont drive my car for a few days. Its my DD so on those occasional times when i do let it sit i love starting it up and driving. It makes the car feel so much faster.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, i guess thats something else to look forward too when my car gets out of the body shop mid december!!! Cant friggin wait to see her with the new ss hood and hear my lM fire up! Im gonna spin all the way home!
Old 11-25-2006, 12:35 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

I have to agree, I love driving my 02 Formula. I have had 4th gen Fbody`s for 10 years now and love the way they drive, its kind of a harsh ride but tough. I drove my GTO all week( very comfortable and quick too). I drove my Formula tonight and thought damn this car is awsome, my favorite car of any I`ve had.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Going from my DD, 87 Nissan pickup with about 90whp to my SS is the same way. As soon as I give it gas it just wants to break loose. In my DD I could rev it up and dump the clutch and it would spin for about 5ft then go, not so with the camaro. I've only had my car for 3 weeks but every time i get in it I realize what I was missing and I'm defintally glad I have it now.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sometimes my wife and I car pool if she's going to be in the area where I work. Most of the time it's like for a 5 to 8 days. Daily driving a Pacifica then getting back in my Z is like night and day.

Sure the Pacifica is a great ride/smooth handeling vehicle, but it just doesn't have the power. It's to much car for the engine as well, kind of "lumbers" off the line.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Launching!

lol, glad to see others know what this is like. im sad because soon it will be winter, and there will be lots of snow and salty roads. then i cant take her out even if i wanted too. i think im going to take her out today again, it seems pretty nice out might be the last time until she has to go back into the garage for the whole winter

lol, i can't wait to see how great the car feels after having not driven it for 3 months.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i wish my Z wasn't my DD so i could park it for the winter, and then i could experience the 'holy ****!' factor!

i cant wait to drive on the ice...it'll be fun

im just glad i dont have DR's
Old 11-25-2006, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

I haven't seen my camaro since tuesday morning , thanksgiving break and I am 75 miles away from it. I might drive her tomorrow since it's supposed to be 60 and then the cold get back here. At least I always here a cammin vehicle when I drive. My Grand Cherokee has a baby cam compared to the camaro but it is slow as **** compared to it too.

Damn 4500lbs, 4x4, auto lead sled for being slow.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Im gonna have a huge HOLLY **** factor in a few weeks. My car has been down now for almost 8 FREAKING WEEKS!!! My clutch went out and I was trying to get another on warranty...blah blah, ended up waiting for ever. Finally ordered one two weeks ago now. Since the car has been down I've done a 90/90 set up, about done with a TNT F1 kit. Then will be doing H/C in a few weeks. My beater is 93 accord and is a great beater but I need POWER!!!! LOL
Old 11-25-2006, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come April first, I'll remember just what she feels like. it's been in the garage hibernating for a month now. The Saturn is starting to feel ballsy. I can't wait to take the T/A out on April first
Old 11-25-2006, 04:08 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Back when I had my WS6 (cam/stall/headers/bolt-ons) I would get that "holy ****" effect after driving my Bonneville around for a while.

But my current F-body is just a bolt-on car, and frankly the power isn't enough to provide that shocking feeling. Not to say that the car isn't fun, actually I love how it drives. It's my favorite driving experiance of all my cars; harsh ride and all. Just isn't what I'd call impressively fast is all. But then again, I've been spoiled by either owing or hanging around others with 450-700hp cars.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor - No longer Vendor

I get that holy **** effect about once every two weeks when I drive Biky. I use my bike as my DD and only drive Biky when its raining or when I want to show her off. Then the effect hits me again when I get back on the bike and lay into the rpms. The bike makes me appreciate the car even more every time I get in it and vice versa.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stokedporcupine
well, i've owned my formy for about 9 months now.... i drove it almost every day except for this past month. i had put her away in the garage for winter. anyway.... today i had to drive the car (long story), and all i can say is HOLY ****...

it was only a month, but, i forgot what it was like to drive this car. it feels like the car is brand new again.... i couldnt stop smiling the whole time i was driving.

i had gotten used to my 91 laser's sub 100 whp and **** handling.... starting up my LS1 was amazing again and driving it was even better. i forgot what 395 rwhp and 365 ft-lbs feels like. (let alone sounds like through my LT's and GMMG exaust).

ok, ok, i'll stop.... lol, the point is HOLY ****, after only not driving this car for a month i cant believe it, i LOVE this car...
Honestly, I usually break out in a spontaneous evil genious maniacal laughter for a couple of seconds when it "fires up"

I used to get a similar feeling when I was a kid and I'd hop on my 86 atc250r after down time. That was my first experience with the holy **** factor

Last edited by Shooter_Jay; 11-25-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, my SS isn't my DD, therefore the "fun factor" always remains everytime I get in it.

Sorry to go off-topic - But RPM WS6 .... this is the first time I've ever seen your 98 Z28 and I must say I LOVE how clean it is.

No wonder you don't drive it much. Very Very nice!!

Quick Reply: the "holy shit!" factor