General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Are the imports going to take over???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by logo_craig
hey dude not to be an *******, but uhh i dont think anyone cares what kind of car you have been in....your acting like you were a freakin lambo or something, do you really think were impressed with you being in a 99' M3 or 95 Lexus RX?

i have been in an 07 Escalade, so does this mean my opinion is right and everyone elses sucks? No.

I'm not trying to ******* impress any of you, i'm just debating and letting everyone know where I'm getting my PERSONAL IMPRESSIONS.

**** outa here, I'm proving how ignorant some of you guys are. I'm stating FACTS.

you American guys are seriously in denial.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
wow you guys are pretty ignorant. A stock evo and sti are just has fast as a stock ls1.
What? My bone stock 98 Z28 with 124K took my friends brand new Evo 9 from a 30 roll by 2-3~ cars I got owned from a dig but my Auburn is toast one tire fire vs awd... yea..
Old 12-23-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

now try taking that EVO stock vs. stock in autocrossing..

YOU LOSE.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Finite1
I'm not trying to ******* impress any of you, i'm just debating and letting everyone know where I'm getting my PERSONAL IMPRESSIONS.

**** outa here, I'm proving how ignorant some of you guys are. I'm stating FACTS.

you American guys are seriously in denial.
see thats what im saying, how is telling us what kinda cars you have been in proving how ignorant some of our?
Old 12-23-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Stop replying.. You having nothing to stand on and you're just wasting time. give up now or say somthing that ******* matters.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

now try taking that EVO stock vs. stock in autocrossing..

YOU LOSE.
That's no problem with me. Hell my friend with the EVO doesn't autocross I'd like to add my other friend has a STi and doesn't want to race after seeing me own the Evo Then again the feeling is mutual when he brings out the 500fwhp Honda.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Stop replying.. You having nothing to stand on and you're just wasting time. give up now or say somthing that ******* matters.

why are you even trying to tell me to give up or say something that ******* matters?

you just did what you told me not to do!!

your a ****** genious aren't you?
Old 12-23-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Because you're bringing up completely irrelevant points to try and somehow undermine what I'm saying, when in fact, you're just avoiding the subject

You must be a hick redneck then huh?
Old 12-23-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you guys think a 4cy with a turbo sounds cool

Once you hear a lsx with a turbo.. you'll never be the same.

As for autocross... there was an article around from car & driver or one of those magazines... where an f-body outhandled an s2000 on a road course..
Old 12-23-2006, 09:33 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by badhoopty
go ahead and hate the looks of the actual performance based imports all you want, but i cant help to imagine if a built evo was next to you at a light with miles of clean road ahead, you would prompty put on the blinker to avoid the embarassment.
Speed isn't everything. Anything can be made fast. If you don't like a car, then you don't like a car.

First off, I really wouldn't care if I got beat by a modded Evo because there will always be a faster car no matter haw fast you are. If I cared, I'd just buy more horsepower for my car. Isn't that what we all do? Doesn't mean that we have to like the car that beat us. Also doesn't mean that the car we lost to was a 'better' car. Just faster, for the moment.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not even trying to be a dick, even if I come off that way.. I'm just being honest as I can.

Our cars, f-body's, GTO's, vettes.. look I love my car, lets understand that. but it could be SO MUCH BETTER right from stock.

why would you buy an impala or malibu over a maxima or altima.

why would you buy a caddy over a benz/lexus.

thats just kidding yourself. If you want straight line fast, buy a badass vette, GTO, Cobra, etc..

But i'd be willing to bet even a late model 00'ish prelude could outhandle a vette.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

NO prelude is going to outhandle a vette.. thats an arguement you will lose...

Id rather have a caddy than a lexus... why.. cause I dont want to buy a high price toyota... its just the way ppl are..

They buy american to support american car manufactors
Old 12-23-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

probably.. but I mean, do you guys really think 350z's are ugly?

I think they are beautiful cars.. what about the new Infinity G coupes?

they just ARENT as fast as a stock Ls1..... thats all you can really say.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smearin
NO prelude is going to outhandle a vette.. thats an arguement you will lose...

Id rather have a caddy than a lexus... why.. cause I dont want to buy a high price toyota... its just the way ppl are..

They buy american to support american car manufactors

And because of that, you sacrifice a lot. and would basically be making a bad financial decision... it's just not smart.

I see what you are saying.. but what about depreciation?? long term reliability? styling? pricing is SO CLOSE, give or take 5g's and you get quality and technology thats gonna be better.

LONG TERM, of course the toyota camry will last forever and american comparable car wont.. it's just reality. Japanese engineering and quality is UNSURPASSED.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Have you been in a Lexus lately? how about a Benz? How about a BMW?
Yes, yes, and yes. I have co-workers, friends, and neighbors that own all these cars that I've been in, in addition to Cadillac. I'm really not impressed with the imports as being any better for the money than their US counterparts.

I think you are failing to compare dollar for dollar here. I mean, of course an S-class Benz is gonna make a Caddy STS look cheap. But look at the difference in base price. The new STS starts at $43K. The S-class starts at about $86K. So yeah, that Benz sure as hell better look more expensive.

Now if you want to be a bit more reasonable and compare say my co-worker's E350 to the new STS you're still talking about a roughly $10,000 higher base price for the Benz, yet I really don't see much cosmetic quality difference.

They are cheap.. cheaply made. American factory standards arent as good as Japanese and other foreign companies. How can you even compare GM or other American engineering to foreign is beyond me. How you can even compare quality is beyond me.

man **** a Cadillac compared to a new Lexus.

I haven't even been in a Porche or somthing real exotic as such, but I can only imagine its better than every American sports car other than maybe a Ford GT which probably still falls short somewhere. ANY cadillac is gonna be a nice car, and probably worth your money if you want to spend it.. but I'd MUCH RATHER have an luxury import. Have you seen the new Infinities or Lexus? They have a car that parks itself in the Lexus divsion. And you're trying to compare American to foreign.

my last car was a 98' Es300 and I've owned 4 American cars out of 5 cars I've had in my life I owned.
You are so full of your opinions it makes me sick.

While it is true that Lexus scores very high in initial quality (higher overall than GM), I think you'd be surprised to see some of the GM rankings as well.

Here: http://www.jdpower.com/autos/brand-ratings/

And if you take notice, Caddy does better than Benz in almost every catigory.

And look at Scion and Subaru, most of their rankings are at or below that of Chevrolet.

Quite a few of the GM brands have 4 and 5 star ratings in many catigories as well. Point is, GM is doing much better than in years past, and they are not nearly as far off quality wise from the imports (on average) as what you might like to think.

Anyway, I can't stand the look of Lexus sedans, so I'd buy the Caddy regardless. Lexus has yet to build a car that looks good to me, other than their little SUV which doesn't look to bad.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:59 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But i'd be willing to bet even a late model 00'ish prelude could outhandle a vette.

What year vette? 1955?

Broh, you are way off in that statement. Go to Motortrend or Car and Driver's test review files if you don't realize how that statment was.

Oh wait, you meant a Chevette? OK, now I understand, cause that's about the only 'vette that a Prelude can outhandle.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok vette vs prelude isn't a good comparison.

BUT the prelude will actually last 300k miles.. my cousins C6 vette couldn't even break out of 10k miles without an electrical problem, traded that **** for the benz.

it's sad really.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:02 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

LONG TERM, of course the toyota camry will last forever and american comparable car wont.. it's just reality. Japanese engineering and quality is UNSURPASSED.
I've owned both Toyota and GM long term. Guess what, the Toyota breaks just as often and it's generally more costly to repair when it does.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh so you're gonna take a lesser car just because the import costs a bit more to fix?

thats being cheap.. think logically here.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:05 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

oh so you're gonna take a lesser car just because the import costs a bit more to fix?

thats being cheap.. think logically here.
Who said it's a lesser car? Only YOU. Personally I see the imports as a lesser car. With the asian cars, you always get less power per dollar over the domestics. And asian appearance style sucks compared to domestic, IMO.