General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

cops love the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wondered how long it would take before a LEO chimed in with some of the crap flying in here.

I have only been pulled over once in my car- for 87 in a 70 and I deserved it. I wasn't paying attention with the cruise control off on I-10 westbound. Granted no body was around so "who cares" right? The trooper slowed me down a little and did his job; hell he may have kept me from geting up into the triple digits and wrecking due to God-knows-what widowing the OL and ophaning my girls.

Cops are just like everyone else. Some are a$$hats and some are OK- just like anywhere else. Call "them" whatever you like, after you have done a few rides with them..... it may change your perspective.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

run from em....... yea thats real smart
Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I feel your pain guys. I've paid over $1200 in tickets for various B.S. and only once was it for speeding. Cops really have there priorities screwed up. Instead of catching real criminals doing real crimes they rather **** with people minding there own business. Just writing this pisses me off!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by staringback05
i agree with some people that some cops are jerks...i work with some...but i can promise that EVERYONE WORKS WITH JACKASSES....so get the **** over it....
The jackasses I work with don't criminalize people, take people's money and raise their insurance rates. They're just... jackasses.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AeroKing
High Speed Pursuit

make them earn their pentions!
Lol, 10-4. Guess by reading my s/n my encounters... My tag says Bootleg, Pacesetter LT's into a 3" pipe then dumped at rear axle, no muffler, no cats but hey I live in OK. Nothing like a cowboy hat wearing, ttop drivin, loud *** sounding, country boy driving a camaro. I get puller over all the time, but shoot the lake I live at sure is perty. "30 minutes" from anything makes for a "slow" trip into town......

Been pulled for all of the following occasions since Feb '06
10 over
18 over
21 over
19 over
5 over
Illegal Tint
Illegal Tires
Having the nitrous hooked up
Illegal Exhaust
Tag out of Date
Illegal Contest (twice)
Accesive Acceleration speed limit -10
Accesive Acceleration speed limit +28
Reckless Driving (twice)
Headlight out
Illegal Taillights (BS)
Attemptive Illegal Contest
Floating Stop Sign

Guess how many times the camaro has been searched w/ Bootleg as my tag?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Teching In

But I sure love the "LS1Tech....I Pimp Slap Mustangs" plate frame.... Thanks Ls1Tech!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nokeman
Haha get used to it. Ive had my car for a year and a half and I have been pulled over more than 10 times. I am selling the car because I cant afford to keep getting pulled over. No joke, the last 3 times I have been pulled over I wasnt doing anything wrong. It bullshit.
Why are you guys bitching about tickets?? Try paying them like me sometime after working long hours at your job....and then pay an expensive *** ticket at the end of the week because you wanted to play around on the weekend.

I love how all the "19 year olds" on here whine when they're mommies and daddies pay their tickets for them while their away at college...
Old 03-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Hey Im 19. Just bought my own Ranch on 10 acres w/ a 3500 sq foot house and a shop seperate on the side, work 2 jobs, Own a 95 z28, 94 chevy pickup, 2000 eclipse and a 2000 z28 all paid off and all modded, pay ALL my own bills w/ a fiance that is also 2 months pregnant... And I have no debt at all.....
Old 03-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BootLeggnZ28
Hey Im 19. Just bought my own Ranch on 10 acres, work 2 jobs, Own a 95 z28, 94 chevy pickup, 2000 eclipse and a 2000 z28 all paid off and all modded, pay ALL my own bills w/ a fiance that is also 2 months pregnant... And I have no debt at all.....
Awesome...I'm happy for you. I wish I would have had a job like that when I was 19. do you work with your dad or something...?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

yea and this is even before you guys consider the BS cops put younger guys thru. I remember being like 19 and the cop goin off on a power trip my old man wouldnt try(I was driving my dads 1989 station wagon, that i apparently "stole" for kicks). I learned from that encounter that the first thing you do when you get pulled by a cop is to SIZE HIM UP, if hes a *****, I can be the same. Usually there is no real probs with cops, but I refuse to be "nice" to some ******* thats trying to **** me out of MY HARD EARNED MONEY in the way of tix and ins and then go off on a power trip. What some of these idiots dont consider is that one ticket can end up costing the better part of a grand in the end. My other "beef" is when cops pull the stupidest **** while driving, IMO they are supposed to be role models for how the rest of us should conduct ourselves. As an example, the other day, during EXTREME rush hour, some retarded cop decides to pull someone over and BLOCK 1 of 2 lanes INSTEAD of pulling on to the shoulder, I mean that makes NO sense whatsoever, her safety is out the door with cars whizzin by her back. I wont even get into the time I swerved in order to stop a cruiser veering into my car. lol, that turned into a call to HQ with his car# and filling a report that undoubtedly found its way to the garbage
Old 03-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

The Damn Cops Here In My Town Are Pieces Of ****!!!!!!! They Love My Car & Wish They Had It Is The Only Reason I See Why They Pull Me Over. I Hate All City Cops They Are All ********; Dps On The Other Hand Has Been Fair To Me Most Of The Time. City Cops On The Other Hand Suck ***!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RMC_SS_LDO
I wondered how long it would take before a LEO chimed in with some of the crap flying in here.
exactly, i read this post from day one but decided not to reply...it went 3 pages before finally someone just threw enough bs where i had to just say "stop lets look at what your saying"....people who cant form their own opinion see comments like the one i responded to and they take that into account when its dead wrong....

i feel for most guys who get tickets...EVEN THOUGH 99% of the time its their fault...a ticket cost alot...but i make no apologies for my job

Originally Posted by Sharpe
The jackasses I work with don't criminalize people, take people's money and raise their insurance rates. They're just... jackasses
well how about this...i dont call out the burger king kid for making my hamburger shitty...i dont compare him to being a ****...because he didnt leave my pickels off...

i dont write in here about lawyers and how crooked they are, or doctors and how much they **** up....ETC ETC....BECAUSE IM NOT IN THEIR SHOES

"criminalize people" i like that...thats a new phrase like "strategery"
Old 03-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

I'm Guessing you're a man in the uniform???
Old 03-12-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^yes sir
Old 03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Be polite when they pull you over. Don't kiss ***, because they'll know but rather be truthful. I got pulled over by DT's two weeks ago, and everything was yes sir...."have you ever been arrested," yes sir i have..."for what" for street racing. After that, all i got was a "have a good night sir."
Old 03-12-2007, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

I for one really respect the cops in my area. I don't drive like an ******* in town, and they don't pull me over. This is with a completely gutted interior, just two race seats with five point harnesses, big cam, true duals, no cats, monster tach on the dash, black market inspection sticker, and full time drag radials, daily driven. These are small town cops who really don't have anything better to do. Now on the highway is a different story, I do open her up when I can, and I always love a street race. I have been stopped for speeding a few times in this car, but I WAS speeding. I have found it's beneficial to be polite and respectful in these situations. Also if you do get stopped don't give the cop any additional info in their favor. Do you know why I pulled you over? The correct answer is always "No." I pulled you over for doing 65 in a 55 mile per hour zone, is there any reason you were driving so fast? Again, the answer is "No". In a cops eye there is no good reason to be speeding, and giving a reason for speeding is like admitting you were aware you were doing something wrong. Anything you say to try to defend yourself will be written on the back of the officers copy of the ticket that the judge will see but will not be on your copy. Now you will still probably get a ticket but the ticket will have a little less weight with no admission of guilt written on the back. Lastly I never, EVER, go to court without a lawyer. The lawyer will most likely be able to get you down to a no point ticket. In the long run this will cost you less as you wont get a surcharge and your insurance premiums won't go up. Hope this helps someone.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=staringback05]
well how about this...i dont call out the burger king kid for making my hamburger shitty...i dont compare him to being a ****...because he didnt leave my pickels off...QUOTE]

yeah but the kid from Burger king is not gonna yell at you or act tough about your pickle situation. And lemme ask you something Staring, whens the last time YOU honestly paid the FULL extent of a ticket when it was issued by another officer? I highly doubt you have at all since you were hired on, a quick flip of the badge and you were on your way.....
Old 03-12-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Eh, there are good and bad ones.

One day I was coming home from school and a cop was sitting in an intersection about 1/8 mile from where I was and I swerved to avoid this big *** pothole (no one near me in the other lane) and as I stop at the stop sign he pulls me over to the side. I told him I would rather pay a ticket than destroy my wheel or mess up the front suspension. He was a cocky one.

However me and my buddy were in his moms Civic (V6 ) and he started to do donuts in my old HS parking lot and a cop pulled up. Told him he could have at least done it in the back (very sarcastic but very funny because it was true) and to get out of there, that cop was cool. So I've learned to assume the police are going to be reasonable until you find out it's an ******* one. Luckily I haven't been pulled over for speeding yet.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hrod382
Eh, there are good and bad ones.
yeah...but the higher the rank (state>city) the bigger the *****
Old 03-12-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NDFORSPD
yeah but the kid from Burger king is not gonna yell at you or act tough about your pickle situation. And lemme ask you something Staring, whens the last time YOU honestly paid the FULL extent of a ticket when it was issued by another officer? I highly doubt you have at all since you were hired on, a quick flip of the badge and you were on your way.....
1. no, he'll just spit in it...

2. i have 4 tickets in my lifetime...paid them all...

3. a quick flip of my badge isnt how it works...thatll actually pisses officers off...see i could get a ticket...and if i did id probably get fired....i highly doubt in whatever profession you do, that your boss would fire you for getting a speeding ticket

4. theres a way the officer who stops me, can already see im a officer before he even talks to me...so its really up to him

i encourage you to do a ride along....and for everyone who's bitching to do a ride along....do 12 hours with a cop, think it might change your mind

shot at, spit at, cussed at, complained on, working in military structure, getting yelled at, mounds of paperwork, no respect, pending case's, working on my off days, getting in fights....and i love it all...all the while getting paid like crap