General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

cops love the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch... lol dam i wish i had more cop friends like you...you seem like u got your **** together...
Old 03-14-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

violent_celerity.....EL CAMINO fooooor TMFW
Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lolll
Old 03-15-2007, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the cop at my school, pulled me over cuz i rev'd in the school parking lot....i might under stand if my friend who has an 05 stang that went off the hill before would have got pulled to but he just got me
Old 03-15-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Around my area whenever i get pulled over or stopped at a safety check, the cops just want to look at my car and compliment me, i have been told by cops: "Well, i wouldn't put a front liscense plate on this either", "nice exhaust sounds good"(slp loudmouth), and my personal favorite from last year at a DWI safety stop, "nice car, heard you from like a mile away, just do me a favor and don't race that corvette thats behind you when you get to the next light."
Old 03-15-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Staringback05 dont you ever get sick of hearing/defending the stupid little "I hate police" crap. Most people dislike police UNTIL they need something, (car stolen, house broken into, family member assulted) then its always "what took you so long to get here". The cop bashin is never gunna end, just keep hookin the fools up! I would love to watch the US have just one day without Police, (give them all a holiday off) what a mess that would be.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

I've been pulled over a few times in my TA but the officers have always been very nice to me. One night I was on my way home from the girlfriend's and I got clocked going 60 in a 40 and he just asked that I slow down. I expected a ticket but was very polite and he let me go. Just got a written warning.

Another time I was riding my motorcycle with a buddy going 130 in a 55 down a 4 lane highway in the middle of nowhere. I saw the cop and tried slowing down but he got me going 88. He just asked that we slow down on the highway and go into the country if we wanted to go fast. He just gave me a verbal warning.

I understand that they are just doing their jobs and trying to keep people safe so if I am making a mistake than I deserve to be punished. Fortunately for myself I've almost always come across officers that are fair. I just tell the truth and am polite. I think that's the best anyone can do. I don't believe it's right when they bother people for no reason and give out tickets simply because they're in a bad mood.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by marthastewart
Staringback05 dont you ever get sick of hearing/defending the stupid little "I hate police" crap. Most people dislike police UNTIL they need something, (car stolen, house broken into, family member assulted) then its always "what took you so long to get here". The cop bashin is never gunna end, just keep hookin the fools up! I would love to watch the US have just one day without Police, (give them all a holiday off) what a mess that would be.
ehh its a job, i hear worse everyday i work and people are entitled to their opinions....

but your always going to have ignorant people to....regardless if i was a deputy or not...i'd think ignorant people shouldn't have kids...FTW

in all honestly theres a large group of people who if we didnt have, no one's lives would function right....

firemen, military, doctors, teachers, construction workers, farmers, police officers, city workers, and critical factory workers....if you look at it, these people are NEEDED in the world, and besides doctors...they dont get paid very well either....

F'D up world we live in when the guy who grows your food makes in a year what a movie star makes a scene....makes you not respect alot of people and their jobs....just how it is...
Old 03-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marthastewart
Couldn't have said it better!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i have that problem, my friend roasted his tires at a stop light and i came threw the cloud of smoke as 3 cops turned the other corner, they pulled me over slapped cuffs on me searched the car and a bunch of other ****... WTF... finally some of these ******** that had been watching for like a half hour and had seen the whole thing came over and told the cops it was the silver SS... DICKS.... cops have no life, its like when there driving there like civic,civic,minivan,truck,car,car,TRANS AM!!!! GET HIS ASSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

funny thing is i might be a cop of some sort to lol!!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^"some sort"....ehhh either you r or your not.....
Old 03-18-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cops just know our cars are fast as f*ck thats why.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by staringback05
^^^"some sort"....ehhh either you r or your not.....
no some sort is a NUMBER of different things, detective, crime scene invest, fingerprinter, dispatch person never see highway, agent, i can keep going... its not a either am or am not, THANKS THOUGH!!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

I will help you decide

detective YES, crime scene invest (IF THEY CARY A GUN AND GO TO THE SCENE YES, IN A LAB ALL THE TIME NO), fingerprinter (IF THE DEPARTMENT BOOKS IN THEIR OWN PEOPLE YES, IF THE JAIL DOES IT NO), dispatch person (IF THEY NEVER GO TO CALLS AND JUST SENDS THEM NO) agent (NO) oh and Police Officer = cop (YES)
There hoped to help ya out.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^^ pretty close.....

just to simplify it......LEO=arresting powers....

soooo if you help kids across the street but your employed by the sheriffs office...sorry no matter how hard you blow on that whistle....it aint gonna help you out
Old 03-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by staringback05
^^^^ pretty close.....

just to simplify it......LEO=arresting powers....
Never thought about it like that.

I guess if I took a literal interpretation, I would be a LEO (I have arrest authority as a Naval Officer).....

Now, to find some punk I can harass just for kicks!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just bought the damn Passport 8500 x50,.......hopefully that'll help keep the popo from pulling me over for awhile.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

soooo you dont have a DL?^^^