General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

cops love the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cops love the car

why do cops love to pull over camaros. i just got pulled over twice in a half hour. once by a state cop for "pulling on the highway like i owned the road" he made my say the my abc's and asked where i was goin, the whole 9 yards, than by a small town cop for "your exhaust was extreamly load, and you have a plate light out" bull ****** ****. my plate light was not out and i have a hooker cat back, that is 50 state legal, he took me out of the car and patted me down and made me say my abc's and stand on one foot for 30 sec. bull **** i say bull ****. im pissed dont they have anything else to do? sorry to rant but in pissed, dose anyone else have that problem?? let hear you storys.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Do a search something like this comes up lik every week man welcome to the club i got a ticket for 3 miles over the speed limit doing 48 in a 45 on Rt 59 which is a highway through town. it happens
Old 03-10-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Veteran

**** them
Old 03-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

i respect police for what they do for protecting agasint crimes and what not, but things like this just boggle my mind... 3 miles over the speed limit????? jesus christ. he must have been a Mustang lover and Ford humper to pull you over for that. i always hear mixed police reviews though. some pull people over and compliment on the car then let them go scott free, others like in these cases are complete ********

weird i tell you
Old 03-10-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should've stayed in the car. You didn't have to get out for him to pat you down and everything. My buddy that's gonna be a cop said they learned in the classes that you don't have to get out of the car if they ask you to, it's your right to stay in and if they make you after that then they have to arrest you. And either way cops are *********. I got out of my car once and the cop thought that my Mt. Dew on my breath smelled like alcohol so he got in my car and searched it and also started sniffing my Mt. Dew can and asking where I was going and where I was coming from. They're retarded. Course all of 'em in my town are corrupt. They party with kids and **** underage girls.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tspence45
They party with kids and **** underage girls.
where are the training sessions and classes at? i just might move.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
where are the training sessions and classes at? i just might move.
Hey you can do it and even get caught. All that happens is you get a paid vacation while they figure out what to do with you. Then you go back to work after a couple months and start doing the exact same things over again.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cops Suck
Old 03-10-2007, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

i havent had any problems with cops luckily, i deserved my only ticket...18 over
Old 03-10-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tspence45
Hey you can do it and even get caught. All that happens is you get a paid vacation while they figure out what to do with you. Then you go back to work after a couple months and start doing the exact same things over again.
sounds good!

im already packing as i type.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha get used to it. Ive had my car for a year and a half and I have been pulled over more than 10 times. I am selling the car because I cant afford to keep getting pulled over. No joke, the last 3 times I have been pulled over I wasnt doing anything wrong. It bullshit.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

4 times in a week here, 2 of which by the same cop, 1st pullover ticket for tints and no front license plate, 2nd warning for tints and no front license plate 3rd tints were off but i had my license plate on my airdamn, "illegal display of front license plate". 4th "routine checkup"..........................these tickets are NOT for helping safety, they are increasing revinue so they can have fancy squad cars and feel like gods. Stop gang bangers and drug dealers and murderers, not me because i have my license plate 4 inches lower than its supposed to be! Its not my fault their car at home is a ford tempo
Old 03-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Teching In

i just got pulled over the other day in charlotte while on my way to work in the morning...83 in a 55....i hate highway 77....damn speed limit is so damn low. but....here's the kicker. The city cop checked my clean driving record and just told me to go to court on such and such date and the worst i get is a 4hr driving class...lucky i know... and it was a damn tan impala cop in the far right hand lane. He was driving beside a truck in the middle lane so i never saw him He was actually pretty nice though. Thanks for not arresting me and taking away my license!
Old 03-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

you should have pulled a dukes of hazzard!
Old 03-11-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

They've been out more due to spring break.. At least in my area, any other time I rarely see them, unless of coarse i'm taking N.Beach street home on a saturday. lol
Old 03-11-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got a ticket the other day for unapproved tail light covers
Old 03-11-2007, 12:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by camd98z
i just got pulled over the other day in charlotte while on my way to work in the morning...83 in a 55....i hate highway 77....damn speed limit is so damn low. but....here's the kicker. The city cop checked my clean driving record and just told me to go to court on such and such date and the worst i get is a 4hr driving class...lucky i know... and it was a damn tan impala cop in the far right hand lane. He was driving beside a truck in the middle lane so i never saw him He was actually pretty nice though. Thanks for not arresting me and taking away my license!
i too hate 77! whenever i go home (i go to UNCC) i take 85 south to 77...people fly down 85, then they get on 77 and are still cruising...i come bustin off the on rap onto 85 and slow down immediately. can't tell you how many people i've seen pulled right there.

and as long as you aren't a dick to cops...and you weren't really being stupid, they're usually pretty nice...

**** that's how i got off my 91 in a 35...yea i said it right...i'm still baffled at how that happened...i thought i was donkey poop for sure...
Old 03-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by YellowMonster87
Do a search something like this comes up lik every week man welcome to the club i got a ticket for 3 miles over the speed limit doing 48 in a 45 on Rt 59 which is a highway through town. it happens
wtf...did u not take that to court? the judge should have throw it out or you should have had the car calibrated to see how "over" the limit it was
Old 03-11-2007, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Local cop told me they have to allow 5+/- to allow for differences in speedometers. That was outta the mouth of a police officer. I thought maybe he was just trying to B.S. me so i asked a State Patrol buddy of mine and he said the same thing. Maybe just MN but i thought it was country wide. As for the original topic. I have YET to get pulled over in my Z They all leave me alone for some reason. Probably the LT1 right? lol My '00 V6 i got pulled over but let off everytime. And i've had my share of tickets
Old 03-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Launching!

lol...ive gotten pulled over about 3 times in the trans-am and let off because the officer liked my car...not to mention i rolled up on a z28 on the interstate at about 85 looking for a race...then realized it was an undercover statie i slaped it in 6th and got to about 73ish right as i got next to him...he looked at me with a big grin on his face and got off the interstate. thought i was gunna get shafted on this one