General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Pulled over 2 times in 4 days, BY THE SAME COP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:45 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
but if you're just cruising home, is it really necessary to do 20+ mph over the speed limit? probably not.
Yes, actually it is. Assuming you're cruising the expressway with a 55mph limit and every other car is doing 75+. If you actually try to drive close to the speed limit, you will get run off the road by angry drivers, and people will purposely cut you off and create an even more dangerous situation just trying to get around you.

Again, even the state troopers around here rarely take the 55mph limit seriously, unless they just feel like writing a ticket. But each and every time I see a state cop on the expressway, he's doing WELL over 55, just going along with the group. If they really thought that 55 was the fastest "safe" speed that anyone could drive on that roadway, then they should be setting an example and NOT drive 70mph like the rest of us.

55mph speed limits are OUTDATED. Major highways, expressways, and tollways should all be 70-75mph at this point.

Driving 55mph is pointless, unless the traffic is heavy or the weather is bad. You will NEVER see me driving anything less than 70mph on an open expressway in good weather. If I get a ticket, I'll pay it, and then go right back to driving 70.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've never gotten a ticket (except tint) and I go 5MPH over all the time. Sometimes I'll go 10 over on the highway (80MPH) but I think that is pushing it. Now if I get into a line of 8+ cars coming from IL, that's another story lol.

But yes you have to be careful in these cars, it takes a lot of self control. Last weekend I was on an open highway with nice paved road (huge luxury in MI lol) with no one around. I was kinda in a hurry but I stayed at 80MPH, but I wanted to open it up really bad. Good thing I didn't, about 20 miles into the trip there was an Emergency Vehicles turn around thing in the middle of some woods, and lo and behold two hidden state cops. As soon as I saw them my detector went off.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get a traffic lawyer, pay your $300-400 bucks and watch them disappear. It's really no biggie, you and your lawyer will show up to court and see if the cop shows. If he doesn't, it's dismissed. If he does, the lawyers gets it rescheduled for another day/time. Eventually the cop will have something going on in his/her life and won't make the the court appearance. GL!

Originally Posted by LS1=Poverty
I just wanted to share my story.....

Last Thursday, I was driving home, and there is a steep hill right before my house, as i go down said hill, I speed up a tad...just a tad. well, i get to the bottom and start back up the next hill, and i see headlights, so just to be safe, I slow down. Apparently not enough, however. I see that as the car passes me, it is in fact a sheriff, and he is turning around. At this point, I am about a 1/2 mile from the house, so i decide to try to make it there and pull in before he catches up. so i punch it. Well, I make it to my drive way, but its angled so that I have to almost stop to pull in, and as i turn my lights off, I see him FLYING over the hill with his blue lights blazing. He saw me. So Barney pulls into my driveway, and (abbreviated story) hands me a ticket for going 68 in a 45. Now, 2 weeks before, I got a ticket for 78 in a 55. So this is my second ticket. My car's ins is hard enough to pay for before the initial ticket, so when this sheriff hands me my second one, I was.....upset.....i grabbed my ticket, jumped out, slammed my door and went inside the house.....fast forward to this monday night. me and my uncle were eating at a mexican restaurant. We both pull out at the same time, he is in a Marauder. I have to turn off at the next light to go home, but he gets next to me and i drop it in second and hit it JUST FOR A SECOND. a few cars pass and i turn down my road. All of the sudden, I have blue lights flashing right on me. So i pull over. And who should walk up, but Barney himself!!! I was thinking, hey, long time no see! but he wasnt happy at all. He threatened to take me to jail and take my car right then and there. Although i didnt speed or do anything really illegal...He told me if he pulls me over again, he WILL take me in. My uncle called and apologized. I didnt tell the folks. Sucked. So now, I drive 5 under the speed limit.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

To the OP- sounds like "Barney" is looking for your car now. I'd personally consider getting a beater and leaving the TA off the street for a while until he moves on. I can see where the guy is coming from in terms of ticketing you and it's pretty clear he's looking for you on the streets now.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** happens.You had a bad week.When I was younger my friends and I had some times with tickets as well.Hell I've gotten 2 speeding tickets and 1 from redlight photo camera and then 1 more for illegal tag cover in the last 3 1/2 years and they were in Chevy workvans(they're easy prey).I was just going with the flow of traffic with the speeding ones.The camera ticket was in stop and go traffic and everybody was just a couple of feet everyone and I had a big box van in front of me and couldn't see if the light was red or not so I stayed with the car beside me.The last ticket is for a camera blocking tag cover because of the camera ticket and that one cost me a $35 fine which is way cheaper than the redlight ticket so the cover stays on.Definitely check into a lawyer,that'll help alot.As far as speeding,I don't what people say,we all do it.And if you really do the speed limit,move your in my way and causing a traffic jam.You just got unlucky.

Last edited by EVILWS6; 04-06-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You got caught speeding, it happens. Live and learn.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Yea I think some of you guys are being too hard on him, he was just crusing goin 15-18 over the limit, its not like he was street racing doing 120MPH+ were all young and need to learn, some of us like him and myself learn the hard way with tickets. A word of advise you should be gettin letters in the mail for lawyers, I would do that, for my first 2 tickets I got I went to court myself and basically got screwed, on my 3rd ticket I got a lawyer and he got it dropped to impropper equipment, costed me an addition 200 bux for the laywer in addition to the court costs but it was worth it not having my insurance go up 25-45 %.... GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to preach or anyting (see my last posts in this thread!) but I got this in the e-mail after sending that last post. I don't believe in chance, so I feel I'm supposed to post it. That's the only reason I'm doing so (again, see my last posts). Sorry about the blank spaces.

Read This Slowlyx

Jack took a long look at his speedometer before slowing down: 73in

a 55 zone. Fourth time in as many months. How could a guy get caught so

often?x

When his car had slowed to 10 miles an hour, Jack pulled over, but only

partially. Let the cop worry about the potential traffic hazard. Maybe

some other car will tweak his backside with a mirror. The cop was stepping

out of his car, the big pad in hand.x

Bob? Bob from Church? Jack sunk farther into his trench coat. This was

worse than the coming ticket. A cop catching a guy from his own church.

A guy who happened to be a little eager to get home after a long day at

the office. A guy he was about to play golf with tomorrow.x

Jumping out of the car, he approached a man he saw every Sunday, a man

he'd never seen in uniform.x

x
"Hi, Bob. Fancy meeting you like this."x

x
"Hello, Jack." No smile.x

"Guess you caught me red-handed in a rush to see my wife and kids."x

"Yeah, I guess." Bob seemed uncertain. Good.x

x
"I've seen some long days at the office lately. I'm afraid I bent

the rules a bit -just this once."x

Jack toed at a pebble on the pavement. "Diane said something about

roast beef and potatoes tonight. Know what I mean?" "I know what

you mean. I also know that you have a reputation in our precinct ."

Ouch. This was not going in the right direction Time to change tactics.x

"What'd you clock me at?"x

"Seventy. Would you sit back in your car

please?"x x

"Now wait a minute here, Bob. I checked as soon as saw you. I was

barely nudging 65." The lie seemed to come easier with every ticket.x

x
"Please, Jack, in the car"x

x
Flustered, Jack hunched himself through the still-open door. Slamming it

shut, he stared at the dashboard. He was in no rush to open the window.x

The minutes ticked by. Bob scribbled away on the pad.x

x

Why hadn't he asked for a driver's license?x

Whatever the reason, it would be a month of Sundays before Jack ever sat

near this cop again. A tap on the door jerked his head to the left. There

was Bob, a folded paper in hand Jack rolled down the window a mere two

inches, just enough room for Bob to pass him the slip.x

x
"Thanks." Jack could not quite keep the sneer out of his voice.x

x
Bob returned to his police car without a word. Jack watched his retreat

in the mirror. Jack unfolded the sheet of paper. How much was this one

going to cost?x

Wait a minute. What was this? Some kind of joke?x

Certainly not a ticket. Jack began to read:x

Dear Jack, Once upon a time I had a daughter. She was six when killed

by a car. You guessed it- a speeding driver. A fine and three months in

jail, and the man was free. Free to hug his daughters, all three of them.

I only had one, and I'm going to have to wait until Heaven before I can

ever hug her again.x

A thousand times I've tried to forgive that man. A thousand times I thought

I had. Maybe I did, but I need to do it again. Even now. Pray for me. And

be careful, Jack, my son is all I have left."x

"Bob"x

x

Jack turned around in time to see Bob's car pull away and head down the

road. Jack watched until it disappeared. A full 15 minutes later, he too,

pulled away and drove slowly home, praying for forgiveness and hugging

a surprised wife and kids when he arrived.x
Old 04-06-2007, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

You, my friend, are an idiot.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Launching!

I just wanted to share my story.....

Last Thursday, I was driving home, and there is a steep hill right before my house, as i go down said hill, I speed up a tad...just a tad. well, i get to the bottom and start back up the next hill, and i see headlights, so just to be safe, I slow down. Apparently not enough, however. I see that as the car passes me, it is in fact a sheriff, and he is turning around. At this point, I am about a 1/2 mile from the house, so i decide to try to make it there and pull in before he catches up. so i punch it. Well, I make it to my drive way, but its angled so that I have to almost stop to pull in, and as i turn my lights off, I see him FLYING over the hill with his blue lights blazing. He saw me. So Barney pulls into my driveway, and (abbreviated story) hands me a ticket for going 68 in a 45. Now, 2 weeks before, I got a ticket for 78 in a 55. So this is my second ticket. My car's ins is hard enough to pay for before the initial ticket, so when this sheriff hands me my second one, I was.....upset.....i grabbed my ticket, jumped out, slammed my door and went inside the house.....fast forward to this monday night. me and my uncle were eating at a mexican restaurant. We both pull out at the same time, he is in a Marauder. I have to turn off at the next light to go home, but he gets next to me and i drop it in second and hit it JUST FOR A SECOND. a few cars pass and i turn down my road. All of the sudden, I have blue lights flashing right on me. So i pull over. And who should walk up, but Barney himself!!! I was thinking, hey, long time no see! but he wasnt happy at all. He threatened to take me to jail and take my car right then and there. Although i didnt speed or do anything really illegal...He told me if he pulls me over again, he WILL take me in. My uncle called and apologized. I didnt tell the folks. Sucked. So now, I drive 5 under the speed limit.
dam man that sucks!! but **** happends! if you speed sooner or later the man will get you! lesson learned. it took me 5 times till i learned hope you get it sooner! its fun to kick it wen the time is right just be safe and leave 5 min early so you dont have to speed! now i am sure someone will have somthing to say about this but, like i said i have had a few speeding tickets, never that close together, but i got out of EVERY SINGLE ON OF THEM!!!! it may not work were you live but in VA the courts will reduce or even drop a speeding charge amost everytime especially with a lawyer if you can prove your speedometer was off. now the first couple of tickets my speedo was way off from a gear install and the whole ticket was totally thrown out!!! the last two times it wouldnt have been off at all if it wasnt for me puttin about 85psi (b carefull this i dangerous) in the tires it threw off the ratio by the swollen tires just enoughto make it 1.5mph off on the first one of them and 1.2mph off on the other . these tickets both got reduced to improper equipment ( non moving violation no increased insurance) and i had to sent the court a reciept of the repair (lol! let pressure out of tires $500). i dont know if it will work for you but it worked for me. worth a try maybe? eather way you got a bad *** car man dont **** up and lose it speeding for no reason its not worth it! hold it at the speed lmit till its time to stop that *** driving the mustang!!! then hold it to the bottom till his lights are gone!!! if no cops are around!! lol
Old 04-06-2007, 05:39 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

The only way you're going to eliminate traffic fatalities is to reduce all speed limits to 10mph and not allow the OEMs to build cars that can drive faster than 10mph.

Speed doesn't kill, if you know what you're doing. A dumb, distracted driver going 55mph is far more dangerous than a smart, skilled driver doing 70mph.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

It sucks man but you have to use self control.

Good luck !
Old 04-06-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Not trying to preach or anyting (see my last posts in this thread!) but I got this in the e-mail after sending that last post. I don't believe in chance, so I feel I'm supposed to post it. That's the only reason I'm doing so (again, see my last posts). Sorry about the blank spaces.

Read This Slowlyx

Jack took a long look at his speedometer before slowing down: 73in

a 55 zone. Fourth time in as many months. How could a guy get caught so

often?x

When his car had slowed to 10 miles an hour, Jack pulled over, but only

partially. Let the cop worry about the potential traffic hazard. Maybe

some other car will tweak his backside with a mirror. The cop was stepping

out of his car, the big pad in hand.x

Bob? Bob from Church? Jack sunk farther into his trench coat. This was

worse than the coming ticket. A cop catching a guy from his own church.

A guy who happened to be a little eager to get home after a long day at

the office. A guy he was about to play golf with tomorrow.x

Jumping out of the car, he approached a man he saw every Sunday, a man

he'd never seen in uniform.x

x
"Hi, Bob. Fancy meeting you like this."x

x
"Hello, Jack." No smile.x

"Guess you caught me red-handed in a rush to see my wife and kids."x

"Yeah, I guess." Bob seemed uncertain. Good.x

x
"I've seen some long days at the office lately. I'm afraid I bent

the rules a bit -just this once."x

Jack toed at a pebble on the pavement. "Diane said something about

roast beef and potatoes tonight. Know what I mean?" "I know what

you mean. I also know that you have a reputation in our precinct ."

Ouch. This was not going in the right direction Time to change tactics.x

"What'd you clock me at?"x

"Seventy. Would you sit back in your car

please?"x x

"Now wait a minute here, Bob. I checked as soon as saw you. I was

barely nudging 65." The lie seemed to come easier with every ticket.x

x
"Please, Jack, in the car"x

x
Flustered, Jack hunched himself through the still-open door. Slamming it

shut, he stared at the dashboard. He was in no rush to open the window.x

The minutes ticked by. Bob scribbled away on the pad.x

x

Why hadn't he asked for a driver's license?x

Whatever the reason, it would be a month of Sundays before Jack ever sat

near this cop again. A tap on the door jerked his head to the left. There

was Bob, a folded paper in hand Jack rolled down the window a mere two

inches, just enough room for Bob to pass him the slip.x

x
"Thanks." Jack could not quite keep the sneer out of his voice.x

x
Bob returned to his police car without a word. Jack watched his retreat

in the mirror. Jack unfolded the sheet of paper. How much was this one

going to cost?x

Wait a minute. What was this? Some kind of joke?x

Certainly not a ticket. Jack began to read:x

Dear Jack, Once upon a time I had a daughter. She was six when killed

by a car. You guessed it- a speeding driver. A fine and three months in

jail, and the man was free. Free to hug his daughters, all three of them.

I only had one, and I'm going to have to wait until Heaven before I can

ever hug her again.x

A thousand times I've tried to forgive that man. A thousand times I thought

I had. Maybe I did, but I need to do it again. Even now. Pray for me. And

be careful, Jack, my son is all I have left."x

"Bob"x

x

Jack turned around in time to see Bob's car pull away and head down the

road. Jack watched until it disappeared. A full 15 minutes later, he too,

pulled away and drove slowly home, praying for forgiveness and hugging

a surprised wife and kids when he arrived.x

Old 04-06-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm more afraid of soccer mom in her mini van chatting away on her cell phone then some one in a muscle car going 10-15 mph over
Old 04-06-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

you all are a bunch of ******, woo woo man outrun that pig man and even when he did catch you you should have slammed him in his face and then threw him into your car.... lol j/k everyone...shame on you
Old 04-06-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
wow... 68 in a 45 and 78 in a 55... you're on the fast track to no license. slow down, and don't try to run. that's a good way to turn a ~$70 speeding ticket into a felony, and that's just stupid.
I know of a rich kid had it made with his built m3, thought he was too cool and ran, crashed into a random honda civic with two teenage girls in it. Killed the driver. He is still in jail maybe five years later. I think he got twenty years maybe. I know a lot of his family, pretty sure he's still in jail.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Teching In

I wasnt going 150, man. I was just cruising the one time, and the next, I was just going down a steep hill. doesnt take much to go from 50 to ~78 in that instance. I use my cruise control ALWAYS now.
Be careful with cruise control, I had a runaway on a Montana hill with the cruise on. I had it set at 120 kmph (about 75 mph), I noticed the semi in front of me braking, looked down at the speedo, I was doing 160 kmph (about 100 mph). Needless to say I did some braking too! No cops around and my wife didn't even notice. But I don't trust cruise control on hills anymore.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Next time you see a cop just leave it in 1st gear going 35 in a 40...
Old 04-09-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMONEY06
people drive like 90 on the autobahn and theres not nearly as many crashes out there than there are in the states
People drive a heck of alot faster on the autobahn than 90.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got my car when I was 15 and just had a permit so I learned to drive in it. In the 5+ years I've had it, I've gotten 2 speeding tickets and 3 warnings. I think that's pretty good! You just have to realize you can't drive how you want unless no one is around. A Valentine1 helps ALOT but my 2 tickets were from Instant On so no help there. Two of my warning were for accelerating too fast, damn longtubes, I love them so much but if cops couldn't hear the car, I doubt they would notice!
-chris

Quick Reply: Pulled over 2 times in 4 days, BY THE SAME COP!