General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Stupid/colorblind People!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid/colorblind People!

It's clearly a shade of maroon. I don't know if people do it to give me crap and make me mad, but GOD. It's NOT purple. I've heard people in class that even say "Jeez that purple camaro sure does sound badass."

Also, cars got on topic on a do nothing day at class. I piped up a little but mostly kept quite letting the ignorant guys talk. Anywho, some kid with a 95 GT was pretty much playing his "I can beat anyone." type of thing. I called him out.
HIM: "94 Camaro? That's like a 305 right?"
ME: "Uhhh.....*try not to laugh*...umm 350 LT1..."
HIM: "Thats a corvette engine isn't it??"
ME: "Uh yeah I guess."
HIM: "Dang I bet your car runs pretty good. How hard was it to drop it in?"
ME: *Speechless expression*

adsjflajlfjhdasiuov

Okay rant over. Anyone ever get pissed off by stupid/colorblind people?
Old 05-01-2007, 02:59 AM
TECH Veteran

cant really blame him, he probably knows NOTHING about Fbody's

I get into car convo's with wannabe gearheads and they talk my head off, and right when im about to open my mouth....i just give up cause he will probably not understand anything im saying.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:00 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SHINER
I get into car convo's with wannabe gearheads and they talk my head off, and right when im about to open my mouth....i just give up cause he will probably not understand anything im saying.
I just smile and nod... There is no use trying to educate someone in a 15 min conversation.

Last edited by Nautilus; 05-01-2007 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

People have called my NBM purple... most people probably don't know what the factory paint color is called and call it the closest color they can think of. But +1 on the wannabe gearheds.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least they are being nice. Like you know what engine comes in a 240sx or an Integra or any car that you arent familiar with.

And maroon/purple same thing. Maroon doesnt sound particularly manly either.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just agree to everything they say lol. You will be there all day trying to teach a dumb person.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it always sucks when people start talking car talk ad don't know anything about cars
Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camaroextra
At least they are being nice. Like you know what engine comes in a 240sx or an Integra or any car that you arent familiar with.

And maroon/purple same thing. Maroon doesnt sound particularly manly either.
I don't act like I know either. I generally would know how a 240 or a Integra would run in the 1/4 though.

How is maroon not many..it's dark red.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroextra
You bring up a good point. I could not tell you one single engine size in the current Toyota or Honda lineup. I guess we shouldn't expect ricers to know about our cars. I have ZERO interest in their cars and maybe they feel the same way. Maybe they are just being nice and engaging in conversation. I certainly wouldn't get upset about it.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nycto
I don't act like I know either. I generally would know how a 240 or a Integra would run in the 1/4 though.

I'd just tell people it's dark red... it sounds more like something a car guy would say and less like something an interior designer would throw out there (granted maroon isn't as fruity as half the colors in the Crayola box are now called).

Of course the hard-core car guy method is to learn factory name for the color such as Artic White, Navy Blue Metallic, or Sunset Orange Metallic... unless it sounds like something an interior designer would use
Old 05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But seriously, how hard was it to get that in there?
Old 05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went to school with a kid that had a Dodge Avenger that he hot rodded himself. He somehow convinced half our class that the car ran 9's, and for another $100 he could be doing 7's, no friggen joke, and he did say 1/4 mile, he traps at 220 with it also doing 9's.

But never fear, for all that performance stuff his mileage never suffered, it actually increased. He bought a special performance fuel pump that senses your speed and when to give you enough fuel. He got 150 mpg when cruising, when he would go WOT he would get 50, maybe 55 mpg.

It doesn't surprise me the people that talk out their *** about their cars, what does surprise me is the amount of people that believe the retards. Pick up a magazine or something and look at your average car in there, and than realize no person in their right mind would sell a car capable of what they claim for $4k.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rawr256
I went to school with a kid that had a Dodge Avenger that he hot rodded himself. He somehow convinced half our class that the car ran 9's, and for another $100 he could be doing 7's, no friggen joke, and he did say 1/4 mile, he traps at 220 with it also doing 9's.

But never fear, for all that performance stuff his mileage never suffered, it actually increased. He bought a special performance fuel pump that senses your speed and when to give you enough fuel. He got 150 mpg when cruising, when he would go WOT he would get 50, maybe 55 mpg.

It doesn't surprise me the people that talk out their *** about their cars, what does surprise me is the amount of people that believe the retards. Pick up a magazine or something and look at your average car in there, and than realize no person in their right mind would sell a car capable of what they claim for $4k.
Gullible county school district, next right.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

TiMmAh TimMah
Old 05-01-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nycto

maybe i'm different, but i know what came in those cars, honda's, and toyotas, and their nicknames. i know what they are capable of too, although not much, some can still give our cars a good run every once in a while.

one thing to watch out for is racing these cars from a roll. most of them weigh in at no more than 2500 lbs, some as low as 1600 (86 corolla gts).. even though they may be pushing around 300rwhp fully built with a power adder, the weight makes up for it.

i just dont have a whole lot of respect for people who dont respect what other people like, slow or not. i may not like it, but if you do, then that's all that matters. that's what i tell people, and if they talk **** and/or want to race me, i'll show them what my car can do from a dig
Old 05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^^^^^^^^^^ you sure he said "dodge avenger" not Hayabusa?

I personaly really like to educate ricers, ford guys etc what I know about what I have. Hell, message boards aren't the only way to learn things.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
maybe i'm different, but i know what came in those cars, honda's, and toyotas, and their nicknames. i know what they are capable of too, although not much, some can still give our cars a good run every once in a while.

one thing to watch out for is racing these cars from a roll. most of them weigh in at no more than 2500 lbs, some as low as 1600 (86 corolla gts).. even though they may be pushing around 300rwhp fully built with a power adder, the weight makes up for it.

i just dont have a whole lot of respect for people who dont respect what other people like, slow or not. i may not like it, but if you do, then that's all that matters. that's what i tell people, and if they talk **** and/or want to race me, i'll show them what my car can do from a dig
I'm with you. I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to other cars, but I know their engine sizes/output, general weight, and avearage ET's. Enough to know who to mess with and who not to, even now I won't mess with a ????? whose blow off valve sounds like an air brake, !spoiler, and DR's.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

for the most part though, those cars cant hang with a stock fbody, much less one that has anything done to it. the cars that can though i will give props to if they dont look just hideous.

i like the expressions on guys faces when they see me at the track running low 8's and finding out i only have a lid, catback, gears and tires lol.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
for the most part though, those cars cant hang with a stock fbody, much less one that has anything done to it. the cars that can though i will give props to if they dont look just hideous.

i like the expressions on guys faces when they see me at the track running low 8's and finding out i only have a lid, catback, gears and tires lol.
You ran what??!?!!! with a who?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

low 8's in the 1/8th.....