General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Do you guys ever get so worried about leaving your car while parked?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix
My friend thinks it's funny because whenever I'm at my new appartment I'm always at a window or near one and I look out every couple minutes. I'm sure I'll settle down if nobody screws with it anytime soon. If they do then I guess I'll have to look into a DD and parking it at my folks.

haha...I definately know what you mean. I will be chilling at a friends house and all of the sudden get a bad feeling so I act like I have to got take a **** but really go check on my baby. When I am out to dinner or at a bar I always have to have my ride in sight. It's almost like a habit. In between classes and even when on my lunch break at work, all I want to do is make sure she's not in harms way...
Old 06-07-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Ha! My t/a rarely leaves the garage any more more. I've put less than 3000 miles on it total in the last 3 years and its a 2002, severe clear days only! When I do park in the parking lot I make sure and take up 4 spaces, parking on the corners of the lines at an angle way at the back of the lot. Keep em clean drive the beater to the store, concert, school, whatever.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lunchbocks
I work at a bar and have to deal with parking my car outside there until a couple hours after close. Between drunk idiots that might smash it or the several vandalism occurances we've had, its kind of unsettling. Within the first 2 weeks of owning my car I was hit in the rear bumper, not terrible but enough to cause some scuffing and light scratches. It was either at work or at Denny's after work and it definitely bothered me that someone would do that and just drive off like nothing.

Get a car cover man! thats what I used to use.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

If I can, I park next to an fbody/mustang/vette or something like that so the other driver would be less likely to dent my car with their door.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im really paranoid about someone denting it but my paint is pretty bad so I dont worry so much about scratches and stuff (until I get it painted anyways). But I am really worried that someone will jack my WS6 emblem, my buddys eclipse got all of its tags taken off with a screwdriver parked right next to me. I also pissed off my roommate the other night and I couldnt sleep because he hates my car so I kept getting up to look out the window. Count me in with the crazies.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

my car is parked in Drexel now, and man parking in Phily is just suicide
Old 06-07-2007, 11:45 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I take it a step further than most, I just don't drive my car.

Well, I do drive it, but less than 1,000 miles per year. And I never leave it in a parking lot unless it's a car show.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Launching!

sorry i was going to reply to this yesterday but I have been walking from my parking space wayyyy in the back. I only park far away and try to find a spot that has something next to it like a light pole or something to make it bigger. I wont go somewhere like the movies in my Z. I wouldnt be able to enjoy the show, to busy wondering if my car is being broke into or scratched.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Yup....paranoid here too, just glad I have a beater that I drive to work and around town. My TA only comes out on nice days. I do drive a little more then some of you that say 1k-3k miles a year. I like to enjoy my car but its still prob only 6k a year at most. I have a 99 with 44k on it.

I do hate that feeling that you think someone is ******* with your car or it may be safe. Just like others have said, park way in the back and if at night try to find a spot thats well lit.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StoleIt
I park pretty far back, but I never take up more than one spot. I think you park taking up two or more spots your asking for trouble. I just park away from shitty cars. If I see another nice car, I wont park in the space next to it, but one space inbetween us.
I do the same thing. The other tip I got from my Grandpa is to determine one side as "the bad side" and always park next to an island with that side exposed, that way if anything does happen, can hope to get the other blemishes fixed along with it.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
If I can, I park next to an fbody/mustang/vette or something like that so the other driver would be less likely to dent my car with their door.
yup i hear ya. I love parking lot progression. I parked next to a GTO at Target out in the middle of no where, and when I came out there was a clean formy parked next to us. And I guarantee both of those people care about their paint n'such.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

at work i park out far with the other employees and if they aren't there i'm still out and an occasional ls1 will park by me. but when i go to the mall and have to run to wal-mart real quick i park pretty far away as well. i enjoy the walk myself,
Old 06-07-2007, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

This is kind of an amusing thread for me. I currently have a 95 Caprice SS, and while I love the car, I take some solace in the "gramma car" vibe. Well, the cop rims, blackout tints and chrome exhaust kinda kill that vibe but....

Basically, that is my DD. I've recently gotten the f-body itch - want a firebird convertible reaaaal bad. And honestly, it never occured to me that these cars, as fun as they are, weer anything but daily drivers. Like, my "baby" is a 68 coronet 500 convertible. Total rotbox - needs a full resto. But that would be the one I'm worried about.

Then again, since I haven't owned or driven an f-body, maybe you guys get a lot more attention than I do? Driving around in an old police cruise makes people...well....more nervous about you than you are about them!

Hell, caprices go for 1500 bucks all day long! Grab one of those and deck it out like mine - ya won't get screwed with, that's for sure. course, it'd take a second mortgage to make those things as fast as an LS1. Which is why I wanna get a firebird and sell the cruiser....

Two way alarms look cool too, I've seen those for around 500 bucks. Let you know when something gets tripped, although I'm not sure I'd wanna go face down someone trying to rip off my gramma car.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by acslam
This is kind of an amusing thread for me. I currently have a 95 Caprice SS, and while I love the car, I take some solace in the "gramma car" vibe. Well, the cop rims, blackout tints and chrome exhaust kinda kill that vibe but....

Basically, that is my DD. I've recently gotten the f-body itch - want a firebird convertible reaaaal bad. And honestly, it never occured to me that these cars, as fun as they are, weer anything but daily drivers. Like, my "baby" is a 68 coronet 500 convertible. Total rotbox - needs a full resto. But that would be the one I'm worried about.

Then again, since I haven't owned or driven an f-body, maybe you guys get a lot more attention than I do? Driving around in an old police cruise makes people...well....more nervous about you than you are about them!

Hell, caprices go for 1500 bucks all day long! Grab one of those and deck it out like mine - ya won't get screwed with, that's for sure. course, it'd take a second mortgage to make those things as fast as an LS1. Which is why I wanna get a firebird and sell the cruiser....

Two way alarms look cool too, I've seen those for around 500 bucks. Let you know when something gets tripped, although I'm not sure I'd wanna go face down someone trying to rip off my gramma car.

Anything can be a daily driver, all you have to do is drive it daily. Certainly have seen my fair share of beat to hell DDer 4th gen LS1's. I personally spend a lot of time and effort keeping my t/a in pristine shape, i get bent all to hell should a bird crap on it. So you can only imagine what the wears of daily driving, snow, salt, rain, rocks.... would do to my head. Still after 5 years the trans am gets looks, i see people point, and hear people saying "i want one of those", I had two state troopers pull me over a 3 a.m. last july 4th. They wanted to look at the car! One of them said I'm going to have to cite you, you're car looks fast standing still, and it's too damn shinny! You just get the impression, when you keep it nice anyway, that you're driving something different. Not one of the "regular cars", and certainly not one of the billions of mustangs you see on the road.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

I think im more worried about someone stealing it vs. door dings. I can pay for those cant replace my ride that I have kept since highschool, aint no amount of money can bring that back...Viper alarm and a lojack coming soon for me.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

I get this way about my 89 toyota tercel.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
Ha! My t/a rarely leaves the garage any more more. I've put less than 3000 miles on it total in the last 3 years and its a 2002, severe clear days only! When I do park in the parking lot I make sure and take up 4 spaces, parking on the corners of the lines at an angle way at the back of the lot. Keep em clean drive the beater to the store, concert, school, whatever.
Damn son it's just a T/A
Old 06-07-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I also park farther away, just don't want to deal with thoughtless people. But as far as theft is concerned, where i live a camaro is at the bottom of the list when it comes to stolen cars, there's just no market for them, i never worry about someone stealing it. If i had a honda i would be more concerned with theft.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
sorry i was going to reply to this yesterday but I have been walking from my parking space wayyyy in the back. I only park far away and try to find a spot that has something next to it like a light pole or something to make it bigger. I wont go somewhere like the movies in my Z. I wouldnt be able to enjoy the show, to busy wondering if my car is being broke into or scratched.

This is exactly what Im talking about. I dont know what it is with movie theaters but I will never take mine to them. Ive seen some pretty bad things happen to peoples nice cars there. I hate that people are so ignorent that they have to do **** like this. I know I had mine at the movies once, and the whole time I was thinking about it, in fact I told my girlfriend at the time I had to go to the bathroom, no i went out to check on it really quick. After the movie I chucked it out to the car, she is now my fiance and she gets so mad at me when we take it places cause Im always worried about it. If people had some respect I wouldnt care, but there are alot of people that are just sick, and a bright red car stands out everywhere. Well I got it out, Ive been needing to do this for a while. I feel like this is some kind of group therapy meeting....

My name is Mike and Im a F-Body worry wort! LOL
Old 06-07-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

at work i park my car as far away frome the shop as posible, so the sea rats dont drop shell and **** on my car, when i go anywhere else i park in the middle of nowhere, i hate how stupid people have no reguard for other peoples stuff.