General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Do you guys ever get so worried about leaving your car while parked?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worried to death about my 87GN but I'm pretty immune to it now. I try to be careful where I park but i don't sweat stuff out of my control. I got a zero comp deductible on my insurance so if anything bad happens chances are I'll be covered. It still sucks when people mess with your stuff.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes I'm paranoid, no matter where you park though someone will park next to you for no reason at all.

Today we went to the store in the SS and I parked all the way in the back, there wasn't a car within 200-300 ft of me. What happens when I come out? some sh*tty old van with Mexican plates is parked right next to me really close. Nothing happened thankfully but I really have no idea why he/she parked next to me when there were open spots everywhere way closer to the store. Vehicles like that van scare me though since they usually don't give a damn about their car or anyone elses, guess I got lucky this time.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm worried about my car 24/7. There are so many dumbasses out there with no regards to other people's ****. I specially hate it when kids play in front of my apartment. I need a damn house with a garage.

Every time I park my car I always look back and around it to see if anyone who looks suspicious is looking at it.

Today I was washing the DD (red Dodge Stratus coupe) and I noticed all the scratches, door dings and cracks from dumbasses hitting it and it made me sad how this dependable car has been abused by these *******. I just hope my TA doesn't go through that or whoever does it better hope I don't catch em...

Like I always say when I have conversations with myself: "Revenge is best served swift, gruesome and violent."
Old 06-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Teching In

My car's paint is not really that great anyway, but I still get paranoid about it. I always try not to park so far away where it's going to attract attention, but yet far enough away so no cars park by it. And I always park by a curb or pole or something, so at least one side is safe.

One time I went to by tickets for a midnight showing at a theatre, I was parked there for probably five minutes. When I went back, some ghetto Buick with Marijuana leaves painted on it was parked RIGHT next to me, even though there were spots everywhere. God that pisses me off. I memorized the license plate number just in case they did do something.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine doesn't do parking lots,unless it's at a show.If I take it and meet the guys from the local club for a bite to eat,my friend 00Formula6sp always saves me a safe spot to park.Thanks for that Randy,good looking out.Other than the occasional cruise,it stays in the garage with cover on where I know it's safe.You can't have anything nice these days,without someone screwing it up.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Man, we all need help. Just kidding. But I guess the worries come with the territory. Its just that it would be a real kick in the *** if you garage keep it a lot and then some thing bad happens to it. I realize its bound to happen sooner or later, but i try to push for later. This may sound stupid or weird, but i even go as far as to take down the surrounding cars license plate numbers who i park next to on a pad of paper, just in case. You never know.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm right with you guys. Mine stays in the garage mostly.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

my cars been keyed twice in my driveway...no room for it in the garage.. new camera installed. no one has yet to come try again
Old 06-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Welcome to my life...In my parking space at my highschool, i have had all kinds of degredation to the LS1...I have cussed out several kids from hitting my car with there bookbags and keychains on bookbags. I have came back to my car to find all kinds of dings and scratches that didnt exist in the morning. One day i came to my car to find a flat tire, i know someone let the air out of it because i had skipped 3/4 of the day and i found no leaks or anything in it afterward. Ive had people write with there fingerprints "Mulletman" and "Does that have VTAK?". All of the ignorant ricers just love to poke fun at the domestic.

What's more chickenshit than ******* with a man's automobile?(Pulp Fiction quote) The answer is nothing...

/Rant
Old 06-08-2007, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

I was going to make a thread about this, I was thinking about it yesterday.

I got my car on Monday, and I'm scared sh*tless about parking it ANYWHERE. It's garaged at home, and I swear I'm already noticing dings that weren't there. Hell, I even yell at my friends for touching the paint when they close the door! "USE YOUR DAMN SHIRT!"
Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I get extremely paranoid. Its garage kept where I feel its safe. I never use it for errands, wont go to any parties with it. I may stop at peoples houses for a bit but I cant leave it out of sight. All it takes is one jackass and its never the same again.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

Agreed ErikElvis, My friend had a grad party this past weekend and there were a bunch of people from my old high school there amongst a bunch of high school students from my old high school from his sister's class. He and other guys i knew wanted me to drive my car there to make an appearance or grand entry. If people are drinking at a party or there is a young crowd, i want my car to have nothing to do with any of that. Long gone are the days of showing off for me.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 AM
TECH Veteran

they need to make motion detectors that have a gunshot sound thats authentic when someone trips the light.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:48 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by waldershrek
myk, I have to ask......what is the deal with your sig pic? LOL
Just some girl I work with. She's never been in a "fast" car, has driven a Tercel all of her life, so when I took her out in the T/A that was basically her reaction...
Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i hear all of you, i used to have a slick 95' stang, i know but it was still my pride and joy. anyways where i lived you couldnt see it from our apartment, it drove me crazy. well one morning i was coming out to go to work and guess what it wasnt there. i searched threw the whole parking lot 3 times before i went inside to ask is my wife was ******* with me, nope it was stolen. but i got it back with everything still in it, drivers license, cds everything just a burned up clutch. two week later some ******* ran a red light and totaled it. its probly better for you guys thats its not on the road anymore though, i hated embarassing you guys, lol.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by myk
Just some girl I work with. She's never been in a "fast" car, has driven a Tercel all of her life, so when I took her out in the T/A that was basically her reaction...
Tercels own all.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Teching In

My car is still stock and I DOUBLE PARK miles away from any other cars
Old 06-08-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by myk

Yeah right ive seen that reaction before. Just tell us the truth what really happened in the TA. "fast car" LS1s are slow. LOL By the way "Just some girl I work with" always means more than "just work with" LOL Just kidding, bustin your *****. By the way she is pretty cute.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Banned

I don't really worry about it. I have insurance. And touch up paint. And a buffing wheel. But I also do tend to park away from the crowd when I can. Some people are going to be ******** no matter what, just have to roll with the punches sometimes.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by waldershrek
I park out in the last spots like a mile away from the store and I won't park next to anybody. People are stupid and you just can't have nice things in todays world.
i'm the oposite I wont park if I cant a) find a close spot so everyone could see if my **** was getting fucked with and b) if its a spot where only one person can park beside me