General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Do you guys ever get so worried about leaving your car while parked?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys wanna know something sad? im scared to not only leave it in a parking lot but in front of my own HOUSE..i know many of you have seen these but im showing them anwayz..this happened when i was sleeping
Attached Thumbnails Do you guys ever get so worried about leaving your car while parked?-red-front.jpg   Do you guys ever get so worried about leaving your car while parked?-red-back.jpg  
Old 06-11-2007, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

I'm usually alright about parking but if the lot is a madhouse I'm not afraid to park a little farther away and walk. But I am scared about this coming week. I'll be going on my honeymoon and have to leave the camaro parked at the airport for an entire week. Just hoping it won't get messed with.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

im cautious but not nearly as cautious as when i used to have to park my fox bodies somewhere (very easy to steal)
Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Teching In

In Mass. it seems like everyone hates a good looking car. All my other cars have been keyed but my T/A hasn't been hit yet. I park far away from other cars. Thank god people here are lazy. I always keep it in sight. I have had (2) cars stolen from me, "65" 302 mustang and a SAAB turbo.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

First off, what is that red all over the T/A? Paint? Did it come off?

Second off, wow a lot of you guys are intense.

Thirdly.... I wasn't too protective until I got my current car. If a lot is busy now I'll usually try to park it away from others a little bit, but if the lot is full like at Portillos or somethin it won't bother me to park it next to another car. When I sit down to eat somewhere like that I might sit somewhere by a window where I can see the car, but its not a big deal if I can't. So I would say I'm more passive protective about it. I try to keep it safe, but I'm not gonna stress about it.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My last Z28 was a nice but well-used stock ‘94 with like, 140,000 miles. White with black and red cloth, M6. I did everything in that car. Went through grass fields. Always was smoking the tires and throwing the revs. Would get in it all muddy. Drank so much beer in it. I just had a blast in it. When I parked it, I left the keys in it, T-tops out or not. Unfortunately, I wrecked it (no big surprise there!) and a while after that, it developed a low end miss I never could figure out (Opti included). I paid next to noting for it so when I sold it I had a nice down payment for my ‘99 Z28.

Well, now I have my dream Camaro. White with white leather, M6, Y3F. All the options that I would have chosen if I had ordered it new.

Let me tell you what; I don’t have as much fun in this car as I did with the other.

My friends seem to like it less too, ‘cause we’re not partying in it like we used to. I really hate the Opti spark, but if it weren’t for that, I’d sell this car and back to a junk LT1 Z28 M6 just like the one I had (‘cept not wrecked!). I’d tell myself to keep it stock too (but I wouldn’t). Maybe primer it black so I REALLY didn’t care what it’s paint looked like.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

You can add me to the list of paranoid f-body owners. I go through all the precautionary steps to attempt to keep my car out of harms way. I hate to say it but I really don't trust people these days. The greed is unbelieveable; if you're jealous work for it and buy your own dammit! Doesn't matter where I take my car, I park in BFE yet someone always parks right next to me, even if the lot is clear. I've never had anyone mess with my car, but I was at a cruise in one night and I came back to my car to find some bitch sitting on my fender w/ a group of people around my car. Needless to say she and the rest of her friends got my .02. Just to make it better, I used the linelock and made a nice cloud around the dirtbags! It was well worth it.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:02 PM
ZRO
Staging Lane

My camaro no not really. One of my last cars went through some **** though. First time the drivers side window was busted out aswell as the mirror. They didnt take anything though. The busted glass messed up the leather in the car pretty good. Got everything fixed and decided I want to change colors on the car. It was brandywine candy and then painted it candy apple red. Not more then three weeks after I painted it some ******* shoots the car with a pellet gun and it goes to the bare metal and knock decent size chunks of paint out. I would get people asking me who painted my car ( I did ) and then they would see the big chunks of paint missing and would try to explain to them and they would be like yea right. Pissed me off pretty good for some reason. Eventually painted it again and it got egged atleast 8 times. Finally sold the car wish could have caught atleast one of the people doing it.

I hate parking in movie theathers parking lots in my camaro. Some *** decided it would be nice to dump sour cream on my car for some reason.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't think I would be able to take my car to the movies. I'm proud to say I drove it to school today for the last day of school to show everyone and it went well. Only thing I had to do was wipe some bird poo off my bumper. Oh, did I mention I came to school late and got out to my car early so nobody would be able to drive around it?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

And I thought I was bad with mine, nice to know I'm not the only one. Atleast I enjoy mine more than most, even though I am careful about where I park, and check on it every chance I have, I take mine everywhere and have even driven it on snow even though I have a newer Subaru which is all wheel drive. I just have to drive it, can't just leave it parked. In the last two years I have put over 40k miles on it.