General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Do you guys ever get so worried about leaving your car while parked?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i been having my TA for 2 and half years I love it. best muscle car I owned. I am still funny about where I park and parking at peoples apartments during the night.

I always park way in the back of a parking lot at a store. And every time I come out some other car is parked right nexted to it. wtf???
Old 06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ErikElvis
I get extremely paranoid. Its garage kept where I feel its safe. I never use it for errands, wont go to any parties with it. I may stop at peoples houses for a bit but I cant leave it out of sight. All it takes is one jackass and its never the same again.
yes im so picky about my car its recockulus the other day my friend was like dude you treat your car like its worth $40,000 ..........thats because it is ..to me also when its in a parking lot i park out in bfe and ill at least check on it twice depending on how long im in the store
Old 06-08-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

AUSTIN DRIVE YOUR STUPID CAR! AHGH. And you have taken it to at least one party that I know of, so you're not as bad as some of these people.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

I never drove the SS anywhere. Took it to the movies one time... parked out in BFE and some fking mexican dirtbag (not a racist comment, I say he was mexican because he was mexican and I say he was a dirtbag because he was a dirtbag) parked his rotted out 87 Toyota truck IN my parking spot, and hit my door.

Needless to say my gf and I sat there for over an hour after we got out of our movie w/ a county cop waiting for him.

We've taken the Z06 to the movies a couple times and parked in island surrounded spots... I still don't like doing it.

We saw a freakin Maserati at the mall the other day!!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you guys are all super paranoid. I leave my car in the garage with the keys in it and the windows down (next to the vette and the streetbike also with keys in them) and when I park I park as close to the front door as possible, sometimes leave the car running... sometimes leave the windows down, t-tops off, hardly ever lock my car unless i'm going to be there for more than 2-3 hours.

that's why I have insurance and don't live in the ghetto. hell my last car I left it outside with the windows down overnight with the keys in it and no one even fucked with it.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

i don't leave mine anywhere.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Oso SS
that's why I have insurance and don't live in the ghetto. hell my last car I left it outside with the windows down overnight with the keys in it and no one even fucked with it.
You don't always have to live in the ghetto to have your car messed with, sometimes the ghetto will come to you when you least expect it. If you really are able to get away with all that I truly envy you.

Insurance may not always replace everything, plus it's never the same after the car has been "molested".

I used to think the same way really, that is until my '79 Z28 got broken into in my driveway when I lived in a well-to-do neighborhood in suburbia Wisconsin. Being that now I live 5 miles from the Mexican border I'm even more paranoid, I'd love to move but I'm stuck here because of my job
Old 06-09-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

you guys are all super paranoid. I leave my car in the garage with the keys in it and the windows down (next to the vette and the streetbike also with keys in them) and when I park I park as close to the front door as possible, sometimes leave the car running... sometimes leave the windows down, t-tops off, hardly ever lock my car unless i'm going to be there for more than 2-3 hours.

Apparently you're unfamiliar with the concept that the ghetto travels, they don't stay in their own neighborhood because their neighborhood is a GHETTO.

When your car gets stolen, be sure to tell your insurance agent that you left the windows down and the keys in it. You take the hit, so everyone else's insurance doesn't go up.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not usually. Most places I go park my car have cameras, so atleast I'll get the guy on camera if he ever does do it though. My only concern would be that a person would steal it from my house when I'm asleep.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
This is exactly what Im talking about. I dont know what it is with movie theaters but I will never take mine to them. Ive seen some pretty bad things happen to peoples nice cars there. I hate that people are so ignorent that they have to do **** like this. I know I had mine at the movies once, and the whole time I was thinking about it, in fact I told my girlfriend at the time I had to go to the bathroom, no i went out to check on it really quick. After the movie I chucked it out to the car, she is now my fiance and she gets so mad at me when we take it places cause Im always worried about it. If people had some respect I wouldnt care, but there are alot of people that are just sick, and a bright red car stands out everywhere. Well I got it out, Ive been needing to do this for a while. I feel like this is some kind of group therapy meeting....

My name is Mike and Im a F-Body worry wort! LOL

So how do you feel today???? LOL!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 04:10 AM
TECH Regular

Man I park mine at school, no lie: One block away in a place where the only car is mine. At home in my drive way there is space for two cars but I only park mine in the middle and at my job I park very far back next to a 350Z from this girl at work and on the other side there is nothing but the end of the parking lot.

I though I was crazy but I see that this thing is contagious....
Old 06-10-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Keys in the car,check.Windows down,check.T-tops off,check.Sometimes running,check.Now where do you exactly live in Scottsdale?
Old 06-10-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not so worried about dings/dents/scrapes...my car is a 10-ft. car thru and thru, so there's no point in getting all bent out of shape over that. The thing that worries me is when I'm filling up at the gas station or right as I'm getting in/out of my car. I'm more afraid of being carjacked than a scuff that I would probably only notice.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

when im at my girlfriends apartment im constantly going to her window, or peeking out her balcany door like every 10 minutes checking on my car... she used to have a garage at her apartment and i made her move her car out so i could put my car in lol
Old 06-10-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
I never drove the SS anywhere. Took it to the movies one time... parked out in BFE and some fking mexican dirtbag (not a racist comment, I say he was mexican because he was mexican and I say he was a dirtbag because he was a dirtbag) parked his rotted out 87 Toyota truck IN my parking spot, and hit my door.

Needless to say my gf and I sat there for over an hour after we got out of our movie w/ a county cop waiting for him.

We've taken the Z06 to the movies a couple times and parked in island surrounded spots... I still don't like doing it.

We saw a freakin Maserati at the mall the other day!!

At my old job i used to see maseratis daily, along with Lambos,ferraris,NICE porches, Mercedes all those big time cars. befor i worked there it was like WOOOO Ferrari and then after 9 months of seeing them all the time it was more like "piece of **** ferrari" "damn maseratis parking in my spot" lol
Old 06-10-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lunchbocks
I work at a bar and have to deal with parking my car outside there until a couple hours after close. Between drunk idiots that might smash it or the several vandalism occurances we've had, its kind of unsettling. Within the first 2 weeks of owning my car I was hit in the rear bumper, not terrible but enough to cause some scuffing and light scratches. It was either at work or at Denny's after work and it definitely bothered me that someone would do that and just drive off like nothing.
I work in a Night Club so I completely see eye to eye with you on this. Hell,.. I still also use the Club on the steering wheel and check the locks EVEN though I locked it with the clicker and have the alarm set!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
At my old job i used to see maseratis daily, along with Lambos,ferraris,NICE porches, Mercedes all those big time cars. befor i worked there it was like WOOOO Ferrari and then after 9 months of seeing them all the time it was more like "piece of **** ferrari" "damn maseratis parking in my spot" lol
Difference being I live in St Louis You don't see them here.

I'd never seen so many Ferrari's and Lambos as we saw in 5 days in Miami.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I make sure I always leave the cutouts open when I park it somewhere or put it up for the nite. If they can crank it up without me waking up more power to them. My Z28s fast, but it can't outrun my Mini 14.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NC98Z
I make sure I always leave the cutouts open when I park it somewhere or put it up for the nite. If they can crank it up without me waking up more power to them. My Z28s fast, but it can't outrun my Mini 14.
... My neighbors complain about the noise from my car. But I see your point.... people can hear my girl start up from at least 2 blocks away ....especially at night for some reason but yea,.... I hear ya. That key turns.... I'm waking up!!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Teching In

yeah i used to park way out in the parking lot so i didnt hurt the doors but then i just figured that people might be careful enough to not hit it if they saw that it was a nice car...so one day i just decided to park kinda close on a WINDY DAY, i opened my door and the wind took it from there, the door just swung open and hit another car and i about shat my pants!! needless to say i do NOT DO THAT ANYMORE!!!!