General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I shed a tear today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime

i also agree with 560 that mustangs hold their value about the same as fbodies. hell, he even compared the ls1 ss to a 98 cobra (top of the line models for both) and the cobra was worth a bit more. like he said, it can go either way. you act like one is WAY more valuable than the other...and thats coming from someone with 2 fbodies.
FALSE, i already proved that mustangs depreciate faster. i compared a base model Z28 to a base model GT. both 02's both with 69k miles on it and whatever KBB gave it as standard equip. added or removed nothing. and here are the results, because obviously you missed it.

Originally Posted by bww3588
http://autos.yahoo.com/kbb/report.h...submit=Continue

http://autos.yahoo.com/kbb/report.h...submit=Continue

numbers dont lie. this is the same year car with the same mileage, in the same condition. all i did was select a condition and a transmission and hit continue. i didnt add or remove any options than what KBB gives it by default. dispite what you say, this is the only accurate way to gauge the actual value of a car. not what some idiot is willing to pay for it. if i had the money i would find me a mint LS1 SS and i would gladly pay whatever i could afford for it if it ment i was getting the car of my dreams.
as for the 98 SS and 98 Cobra, as stated before thoes are niche markets. i will say that the Cobra is a uppity up model, compared to the GT as far as performance, but the SS is not. the SS has the same engine with the same HP as a Z28. all it got was suspension and appearence mods. obviously, the SS is not a niche market but the pedestal that uneducated people tend to put them up on because its an SS makes it that way. the Cobra does it for itself. which is why the Cobra and SS value very very close to one another. but the GT and Z28 are where the real difference in value lies.
lol were all v8 muscle owners here cant we just get along?
i agree, American Muscle all the way, beit Dodge, Ford or GM. im just setting facts straight.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 560SL
You're kidding right? Right about what? Here, look at a VERY well known market analyst speak on the subject:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

So you know better than him right?
you don't know what value is. you don't understand the concept of paying more than the value or less than the value. what you pay for the car is NOT its value. get that through your head.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
you don't know what value is. you don't understand the concept of paying more than the value or less than the value. what you pay for the car is NOT its value. get that through your head.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

what you are willing to pay for a car is what it is worth in the buyers eyes, like stated before, that honda civic is not worth 20k but to someone it is. however, true worth is measured by sales, average price and maintenence costs., etc. true worth can only be determined with all favortisim aside and only facts taken into consideration. just because 1000 of thoes 8000 Terminators were sold 3 years later for MSRP does not mean that is what it is worth. it means that there are probably 1000 sellers out there that are educated in the actual worth of the car and sell to 1000 uneducated buyers who have more money than brains and true worth of the car is blanketed by the vision of being behind the wheel of that car.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:53 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Can't beleive this is still going.

Not sure if anyone is going to get through at this point but I'll give it a shot.

Think of value like this...... You pay a private seller almost as much as the original MSRP for a '03 Cobra (say $30k or so). Then you crash it on the way home at high speed and the car is not repairable.

What will your insurance company give you? Well, it certainly won't be the $30k you just OVERpaid for the car.

With special interest cars, if you want your insurance company to assign a certain (inflated) value to the car, you need to get an "agreed value" policy. You also must prove in some way that the car is somehow "worth" the amount you want to insure it for. Otherwise, they will never pay you what some private seller might be willing to spend just to have THAT particular car.

Make sense?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Interesting. I put low milaege (30,000) 03 Cobra in that site and got this. Far cry from the $37,000 they sold for.
Bump. Case closed
Old 06-13-2007, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

Not sure if anyone is going to get through at this point but I'll give it a shot.

Think of value like this...... You pay a private seller almost as much as the original MSRP for a '03 Cobra (say $30k or so). Then you crash it on the way home at high speed and the car is not repairable.

What will your insurance company give you? Well, it certainly won't be the $30k you just OVERpaid for the car.

With special interest cars, if you want your insurance company to assign a certain (inflated) value to the car, you need to get an "agreed value" policy. You also must prove in some way that the car is somehow "worth" the amount you want to insure it for. Otherwise, they will never pay you what some private seller might be willing to spend just to have THAT particular car.

Make sense?
crystal clear on this end......
Old 06-13-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
+2
Old 06-13-2007, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 205 Likes on 159 Posts

Merv IBTL....

Old 06-13-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

Make sense?
RPM, this should have made sense to him 6 pages ago, honestly.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol

choco you have no idea what you're talking about. ls1 trouncing the mach 1 motor? haha mach 1 vs. ls1 is a drivers race and the mach has 1.1 less liters.
OMG! Not the ricer "less displacement" excuse! You never hear "Yeah, you won, but you have DOHC..." The Mach is a great platform, but it is a driver's race due to overall gearing and a top-heavy powerband (easier to get out of the hole), not because the N/A DOHC 281 is on equal footing.

I'd wager that I've owned more Fords (including two GTs) than most folks on this board and I'm as unbiased as they come when it's about performance. The fact is that the Ford 4.6 is a decent engine, but the LSx beats it in just about every application. The immemse popularity of the Mustang is what keeps the 4.6 afloat. Mustangs enjoy more sponsorship, advertising, race classes, aftermarket...you name it. Am I slamming the 4.6? No. And with the 3V heads on the base GTs Ford is definitely going in the right direction...
Old 06-14-2007, 05:29 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
RPM, this should have made sense to him 6 pages ago, honestly.
LOL, no kidding.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:03 AM
12 Second Club

i vote and
Old 12-15-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to bring up this old *** thead...but i love my camaro... and if i hit it big...id just send my car off and have it modded to hell. i liek the platform. i hate arrogant ********.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
OMG, the horror.

I figured the car was gonna be worth a ****.

you are an attention *****...please kill yourself
Old 12-15-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by its turbo time
you are an attention *****...please kill yourself
you do realize you're replying to a post he made 6 months ago, right?

but back on topic, who cares if someone else takes their car through an auto car wash? i do it myself, but i'm very careful about the ones i go to.

some of you people act like it's the end of the ******* world or something.....it's just a car. sure, if it's a garage queen or a show car, then most definitely don't do it....but as a daily driver, there are worse things than an auto car wash.....like actually driving the car.......

maybe if i were to get me a daily beater, then i'd get my car repainted and keep it immaculate.....but until then, **** it.....i actually drive my car. i mean after all, it's only got a shitty GM factory paint job, it's no multi-thousand-dollar custom job or something.......
Old 12-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kalgorn
On my way back to work from lunch, I watched a beautiful 35th Anniversary SS roll into an automated car wash.

who cares. at least he washes it. i on the other hand only wash like once a month or so
Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
you do realize you're replying to a post he made 6 months ago, right?

but back on topic, who cares if someone else takes their car through an auto car wash? i do it myself, but i'm very careful about the ones i go to.

some of you people act like it's the end of the ******* world or something.....it's just a car. sure, if it's a garage queen or a show car, then most definitely don't do it....but as a daily driver, there are worse things than an auto car wash.....like actually driving the car.......

maybe if i were to get me a daily beater, then i'd get my car repainted and keep it immaculate.....but until then, **** it.....i actually drive my car. i mean after all, it's only got a shitty GM factory paint job, it's no multi-thousand-dollar custom job or something.......
i realize that now...but it doesn't change the fact that he still is. he comes to this site to bash what this site is about to get people to react to him. Its why he's banned right now.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kevin's_00ss
who cares. at least he washes it. i on the other hand only wash like once a month or so
Yeah, but how often do you wash your cars?
Old 12-16-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This thread delivers

Whoever resurrected this thread, thanks, it was entertaining

Quick Reply: I shed a tear today...