General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I shed a tear today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 560SL
Well, that doesn't make you any more right than me.
actually, it does. see, i've been right this whole time. you've been wrong this whole time. just thought i'd clarify.

It's a widely know fact that people were getting the cars for under $30k.
and it's a widely known fact that people were getting the cars for over $40k. what's your point? you don't have any documentation proving this. you just think that somewhere out there, someone had to have bought a new terminator for under $30k. it's a complete fabrication on your part. yes, odds are someone out there did, but odds are MANY MORE PEOPLE paid over $40k than there were people paying under $30k. low production specialty cars available for only 2 years with blown, fully forged motors tend not to sell for under MSRP.

I don't care if you don't want to believe it, because it's true regardless. The FACT of the matter is, if you have a low mile '04 Cobra that is bone stock, you can get $30k for it. WOW, that's SO much depreciation in 4 model years! Please...
he forgot to add in the line: "if you can find someone desperate enough for one." that has NO REFLECTION ON ITS VALUE. what you have is a poor, desperate bastard overpaying for a car that's worth $8,000 less. again, you don't understand the concept of "value" vs. underpaying/overpaying.

I know they made tens of thousands of Mustangs. They also did the same with F-bodies. That still doesn't make the Cobra a niche market. If they made 800 of them that would be one thing. However, they made 8,000+ in a matter of two years. How about the 96-97 Cobras? They're worth far more than an LT1 and they're equal in value to a "top of the line" LS1 SS:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...tion=Excellent

LT1 SS vs. Cobra?

The cars are too close to call. Sometimes the Mustang is worth more, other times the F-body is. If if one is "valed" at more than the other, it's usually not by a significant amount at all. You see? This is why it doesn't make any sense for an F-body owner to criticize the Mustang's ability to hold value. I would price an '03 Mustang GT vs. an '03 F-body...but sadly they stopped making F-bodies
i'm still waiting for this guy to make a comparison that's found in this thread. why is he quoting values for an LT1? i see he only quotes blue book values when he can make them look like they support him

the funny thing about what he's doing is, he's comparing a newer cobra with a higher MSRP to an older SS with a lower MSRP. terminators aren't as old as f-bodys are and they were stickered at thousands more, so how is raw price a fair comparison? you have to look at everything proportionally - something you fail to do, because it doesn't support your agenda.

LS1 a better engine than anything Ford has ever made? Interesting. If you can show me an LS1 that can hold 900 HP like an 03 Cobra motor will on a completely stock longblock I'll give you a cookie.
are you aware that the LS1 is not a fully forged motor where the terminator motor was since it came stock with a supercharger? the LS1 was designed to be an NA motor, not a supercharged motor. care to compare an LS1 to a mach 1 4V motor, also designed to be NA? the LS1 trounces it. now, if you care to forge the LS1's internals to make it comparable to the 4V forged cobra motor, than yes, there are LS1's out there that can hold 900 HP like an '03 cobra motor can. care to skew more information and make more apples to oranges comparisons?

I guess that means no cookie for you big guy!
i'll be glad to go get my cookie when you find your missing brain cells. a million sperm and you're the one that survived? you make me nervous about the future of humanity.

Yep, the Terminators had a T56. Yes, I thank Ford, they put it in the car. Who am I supposed to thank? GM? Give me a ******* break. Also, do I even need to bring up the rear ends in F-bodies? They're probably the worst rear end ever put in a V8 sports car. Impressive stuff. If the LS1 F-bodies were so ******* badass, how come no one bought them?
so, what you're saying is, there's no weak link in the terminators, huh? why would you bring up the rear end in the f-body? where is that relevant? if you can bring up the rear end in an f-body, then i can bring up every single automatic transmission ever put in a mustang. they were all huge pieces of ****.

Here are my final thoughts on this thread:

Book value is a guideline, not the law. For some reason, you can't understand that. People can completely ignore book value and sell cars for whatever they want. It doesn't matter. What matters is what the market is doing and how they respond to the prices. You can crunch numbers all day but in the end it's about the prices people ask (and get) for the cars. Again, this is the REAL WORLD where cars actually SELL. '05+ Mustangs bring full dealer retail all day long. They're one of the hottest cars on the market right now and they hold their value exceptionally well. Terminators also do, and now even fox-bodies are on a BIG rebound.

You like to make blanket statements about things without considering everything and when that happends you get proved wrong time and again just like I have done with you here. The fact that you criticize Mustangs for depreciating when you drive an F-body is hilarious enough to begin with...

You made a stupid comment and you got proved wrong. Get off my nuts about it already...
i got proved wrong, eh?

to everyone reading this thread:

who here do you think has a better argument, me or brainchild up there?

so far, i'm up 2 to 0. i'd be interested if everyone takes a vote and keeps a running tally of the score. you can vote against me if you want, i have no problem with that, so no need to fear my wrath i can handle criticism. and sorry if my grammar's bad in some posts. i wrote a lot - quickly - and no way i'm rereading it all
Old 06-12-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HOLY **** LOL
Old 06-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woo ahh!! Now back to the original post. Carwashing. I need you guys to know I took my sweet 04' Ford Explorer through the carwash today.. twice. Sorry.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was at a coffee shop today across from a car wash, watched a 4x4 jeep full of mud go threw the "brush" wash. Then right after him went a nice 02 Camaro SS!! After this thread, the people next to me had to think I was nuts cause I cracked up in the middle of the coffee shop! God I love tuesday!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i got proved wrong, eh?

to everyone reading this thread:

who here do you think has a better argument, me or brainchild up there?

so far, i'm up 2 to 0. i'd be interested if everyone takes a vote and keeps a running tally of the score. you can vote against me if you want, i have no problem with that, so no need to fear my wrath i can handle criticism. and sorry if my grammar's bad in some posts. i wrote a lot - quickly - and no way i'm rereading it all
my vote is with you

and actually the tally is more like 20-0 or we can give him 1 so it doesn't look like he's a complete dumbshit
Old 06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by porsche9874
Woo ahh!! Now back to the original post. Carwashing. I need you guys to know I took my sweet 04' Ford Explorer through the carwash today.. twice. Sorry.
OMG. Did you have to repaint the entire car?
Old 06-12-2007, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

as i recall, the IRS in the terminators was a weak link as well. just as many people who are putting 12 bolts in their f-bodies are swapping their IRS for SRA setups in their Cobras. so your point is invalid.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bww3588
as i recall, the IRS in the terminators was a weak link as well. just as many people who are putting 12 bolts in their f-bodies are swapping their IRS for SRA setups in their Cobras. so your point is invalid.
Except you can make money doing it in the Cobra, rather than be out $2,500 with an F-body.

Again, Choco, you obviously think you're right, I obviously think you're wrong. People defend you because you're arguing on behalf of the F-bodies. That's fine, and understandable. I'll be the bigger man and walk away from this one.

Take it easy...
Old 06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

lol

choco you have no idea what you're talking about. ls1 trouncing the mach 1 motor? haha mach 1 vs. ls1 is a drivers race and the mach has 1.1 less liters.

i also agree with 560 that mustangs hold their value about the same as fbodies. hell, he even compared the ls1 ss to a 98 cobra (top of the line models for both) and the cobra was worth a bit more. like he said, it can go either way. you act like one is WAY more valuable than the other...and thats coming from someone with 2 fbodies.

on a side note: do you have a lot of free time or what?

lol were all v8 muscle owners here cant we just get along?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Teching In

No, it was a touchless carwash, I dont have the heart to put it through a brush wash =/ ....now if I could just save a little money for that LS1/explorer conversion, I would have my SUV and the best engine of all time!!! Or I could buy a trailblazer SS =)

Can we change it up a little, Im bored.

Trailblazer SS v/s Explorer V8 ? I vote the SS. I drive an Explorer cause it was cheap.....boy is it cheap, LOL!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
lol

choco you have no idea what you're talking about. ls1 trouncing the mach 1 motor? haha mach 1 vs. ls1 is a drivers race and the mach has 1.1 less liters.
who is talking about the cars? they are a drivers race because the machs have steeper gearing than f-bodys, not because the engine is better. the LS1 is a much better engine than the one in the mach and it has much bigger potential, not to mention it's cheaper to fix and work on compared to the mach's OHC design.

i also agree with 560 that mustangs hold their value about the same as fbodies. hell, he even compared the ls1 ss to a 98 cobra (top of the line models for both) and the cobra was worth a bit more. like he said, it can go either way. you act like one is WAY more valuable than the other...and thats coming from someone with 2 fbodies.
ford's depreciate faster. f-bodys keep their value better.

on a tuesday night? yup.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Resident

Except you can make money doing it in the Cobra, rather than be out $2,500 with an F-body.

Again, Choco, you obviously think you're right, I obviously think you're wrong. People defend you because you're arguing on behalf of the F-bodies. That's fine, and understandable. I'll be the bigger man and walk away from this one.

Take it easy...
no, i know i'm right. this was an argument about value. you were talking about what people pay on the street - the best and worst deals for these cars. what they sell for and what they're worth are two different thingss. when you realize this, then we'll start getting somewhere.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

lol

have you read a word said in this whole thread?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

You guys are still goin at it..
Old 06-13-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

its a never ending battle, i personally love it, gives me something to read well im at work
Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

By the way, these prices I'm bringing up aren't one time things, THEY'RE ALL OVER! Offer someone 5k for a 50k mile notchback Mustang and you'd get laughed at.
You're right, by your friends.
Just saw a 5.0, 5spd with 30k on the clock for 5k around here. hmmm....

This is ricockoulas.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
You're right, by your friends.
Just saw a 5.0, 5spd with 30k on the clock for 5k around here. hmmm....

This is ricockoulas.

I saw one with around 55K go for $5200

IBTL!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

+3
Old 06-13-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
+3
I started a revolution 9 pages in, whoo! haha
Old 06-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
no, i know i'm right.
You're kidding right? Right about what? Here, look at a VERY well known market analyst speak on the subject:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

So you know better than him right?

Quick Reply: I shed a tear today...