General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I shed a tear today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He is from Texas.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
He is from Texas.
That's all I need, have to watch my back for ****** Mr. Clean
Old 06-11-2007, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by taintedmeat
That's all I need, have to watch my back for ****** Mr. Clean
Report it to a mod then. If he's banned then case closed.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i don't think there is a reason to report anything, relax, how bout you all just settle down and save it for another day.

he isnt going to beat someone's *** for going through a car wash, he was just being sarcastic.

BTW - i know some people that wash their car by hand and end up with swirls upon swirls...they SHOULD use a touchless car wash
Old 06-11-2007, 10:53 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Report it to a mod then. If he's banned then case closed.
I don't think there was any serious threat made here.

If someone starts that ****, then this thread is over. Hell, it's on the verge of being done anyway.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

why dont you just move it to the lounge so we can have some fun with it. provided **** dont get started.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I don't think there was any serious threat made here.

If someone starts that ****, then this thread is over. Hell, it's on the verge of being done anyway.
lol and why is it almost over? i think i can guess. his name starts with a 5 and ends with a L right?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

i doubt its any 1 person, just the childish dick waving in general.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

All joking aside guys, seriously, what's wrong with one of your standard drivethru touchless car washess? Aside from some spraying in from the t-tops they always seem to do a decent job.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by taintedmeat
All joking aside guys, seriously, what's wrong with one of your standard drivethru touchless car washess? Aside from some spraying in from the t-tops they always seem to do a decent job.
I don't really see an issue with it other than what you mentioned. Potential T-top leaks under high pressure, but that's about it.

I regularly wash my daily drivers in a touchless spray wash, just to get some of the dirt off between hand washes.

I would never take my Camaro to one personally, because I prefer to clean it myself by hand, but for a car that's a daily driver I really don't have a problem with it.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I don't really see an issue with it other than what you mentioned. Potential T-top leaks under high pressure, but that's about it.

I regularly wash my daily drivers in a touchless spray wash, just to get some of the dirt off between hand washes.

I would never take my Camaro to one personally, because I prefer to clean it myself by hand, but for a car that's a daily driver I really don't have a problem with it.
Yeah, mine's a daily driver and I figure a touchless car wash is like a soothing oasis compared to the punishment it receives on a daily basis. Door dings, rock chips etc. I'm sure there are plenty of better choices out there for a daily driver, but none that would still make me look forward to leaving for work in the morning after 2 years.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
Lol. Who really cares. It's a $17,000 car on a good day. When you leave la-la land, maybe you will actually open your eyes and realize that camaros/trans ams/corvettes aren't going to be worth much. Please hurry though, I may not be around in 20 years when you finally figure it out.

By the way, I respect F-Bodies. It's just losers like you that think they're god, and put lines like "LS1, the engine touched by God" in your sigs. Get over yourself.

I know tons of people around here with legit cars, one is a 10sec camaro. They're great rides, but they aren't rare. Stop acting like they are.

if i had 200,000. i would still get a Fbody. i wouldnt even want a ****** *** ferrari.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28SS
if i had 200,000. i would still get a Fbody. i wouldnt even want a ****** *** ferrari.
I'll take one.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bww3588
Here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....3&postcount=81
Here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=84
Here is RPM WS6 proving you wrong:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=97

need i go on? this is only the last 3 pages......

and for the record, my car went 13.11 @ 110.70 with a 2.2 60' on bald street tires and an LS1 intake with mods in sig.
Those "prove me wrong?" Get a ******* clue man. Who cares what your car did on street tires?

Anyway, Choco Taco said that all Mustangs depreciate at an extremely fast rate. I proved him wrong by bringing up the '03-'04 Cobra and '05+ Mustang GT. Do I even need to bring up old Mustangs?

The fact of the matter is, Choco Taco based his whole arguement around his perception that ALL Mustangs have a rapid depreciation rate. That is simply not true. The ex-rental V6 '05+ Mustangs are bringing $500 less than brand new window sticker at my local dealer.

Besides, when you own an F-body, (a car that depreciates every bit as fast as a Mustang), denouncing Mustangs based on how they depreciate is an incredibly stupid thing to do. It makes very little sense. It seems some of you guys are too dense to figure that out...
Old 06-11-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28SS
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Old 06-11-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 560SL
Those "prove me wrong?" Get a ******* clue man. Who cares what your car did on street tires?

Anyway, Choco Taco said that all Mustangs depreciate at an extremely fast rate. I proved him wrong by bringing up the '03-'04 Cobra and '05+ Mustang GT. Do I even need to bring up old Mustangs?

The fact of the matter is, Choco Taco based his whole arguement around his perception that ALL Mustangs have a rapid depreciation rate. That is simply not true. The ex-rental V6 '05+ Mustangs are bringing $500 less than brand new window sticker at my local dealer.

Besides, when you own an F-body, (a car that depreciates every bit as fast as a Mustang), denouncing Mustangs based on how they depreciate is an incredibly stupid thing to do. It makes very little sense. It seems some of you guys are too dense to figure that out...

some people just never learn
Old 06-11-2007, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

probably about 10 times as many people on this board that care what a stock/lightly modded 05+GT will do on street tires because 90 percent of the cars on this board with half as many mods will walk them.

the Terminators are in the same catagory as 99 30th T/A's and 02 35th SS's as well as Bergers, LT4's and Firehawks.

well thats your local dealer, just because some idiot is willing to pay sticker for a used car doesnt mean thats what its worth.

http://autos.yahoo.com/kbb/report.ht...ubmit=Continue

http://autos.yahoo.com/kbb/report.ht...ubmit=Continue

numbers dont lie. this is the same year car with the same mileage, in the same condition. all i did was select a condition and a transmission and hit continue. i didnt add or remove any options than what KBB gives it by default. dispite what you say, this is the only accurate way to gauge the actual value of a car. not what some idiot is willing to pay for it. if i had the money i would find me a mint LS1 SS and i would gladly pay whatever i could afford for it if it ment i was getting the car of my dreams.

a honda civic is a good example here, obviously we both respect American Muscle, so you can relate. some douche bag buys a honda civic and pays very little for it, yet dumps thousands and thousands and thousands in it to make it half as fast as a stock f-body or mustang, but he still thinks his car is worth 20k when he wants to sell it, and someone out there is willing to pay that. but does that mean thats what it is worth? no.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Interesting. I put low milaege (30,000) 03 Cobra in that site and got this. Far cry from the $37,000 they sold for.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Resident

where did i say "all mustangs depreciate fast"? what i said were "mustangs depreciate fast." they do. now, i specifically said cars in niche markets do not apply to this rule. '03-'04 cobras are niche market cars. they had very low production numbers compared to other mustangs. when people go out and buy a V8 mustang, they DO NOT go out and buy a cobra. they buy a GT. the people that buy an '03-'04 cobra SPECIFICALLY WANT A TERMINATOR. i have said this time and time again, and you refuse to acknowledge this and keep taking everything i say out of context. do you even read my posts, or is your head shoved so far up your *** you can't see the computer screen? niche market cars never follow an average trend. every scenario has an "exception to the rule." there are two exceptions to the rules: GT500's and terminators, all low production, niche market cars. they will hold their value because of their production numbers, high initial price tags and VERY SHORT PRODUCTION RUNS. it's not the fact that they are a mustang that makes them hold their value, it's their short production runs, limited availability and niche market loyalists that will only buy that specific car, bar-none and will pay anything to get it. get this FACT through your thick, thick skull.

go find my quote where i said "all mustangs depreciate very fast." you won't find it because, again, i said mustangs depreciate fast with the exception of niche market cars. continue putting words in my mouth and racking up the lies.

again, f-bodies don't depreciate nearly as quickly as mustangs do. it has something to do with the fact that new GT's still can't beat 10 year old LS1 f-bodys, mustangs are oversaturate the market and ford has a horrible history of reliability. again, mustangs are some of the fastest depreciating sports cars out there.

your whole post is basically a lie. start quoting my words instead of putting words in my mouth. there's a reason why you won't quote me - it's because i never said the things you are accusing me of saying. again, get a clue.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Resident

Interesting. I put low milaege (30,000) 03 Cobra in that site and got this. Far cry from the $37,000 they sold for.
that's because he's full of **** and has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. he's comparing the prices inside a niche market. people will pay a lot for the terminators because they are bought by a specific group of people that will not compromise - they HAVE TO HAVE a terminator. they will not waiver on their decision. because of this, you can charge more than what the car is worth since someone out there is going to pay for it. that's the way it is. 560 seems to realize that prices inside a niche market - what people are WILLING TO PAY - is a lot more than what the car is actually WORTH.

btw, that $37,000 price tag - don't forget to tack on dealer markup. we're talking more like $40,000 plus taxes and tags. before you know it, your $37,000 car is $43,000. congrats, your car is now worth half of what it was 4 years ago

Quick Reply: I shed a tear today...