General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

turbo or whipple

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by night ghost
ok point taken but first like u said i know there is little room
my shop will be doing there own 3.4 whipple on an ls1 camaro so i will see how it goes
if i like it then i'll do it but yah maybe turbo is the way to go
and as for me not being able to handle power
i was 16 and raced a 500+ rwhp trans am (mine lol) so im ready for an upgrade i feel slow compared to the big dogs
u know???
this shop sounds like its planning on having a money fight with your cash. Find out how tall the roots blower is fro lm speed or whatever it is...Then...find out how tall the blower you want to put on. Then also factor in a ic which will make the blower sit a little higher(the fact that you mention a air to air on a intake mounted blower is really funny). After that...figure out taht it won't fit. This place is gonna take your money and run.

then again...if you have 35k to kill(along with your life.. 1000rwhp+17y/o=certain death)...I guess you can just go to your back yard and get some more money off of the money tree(aka..daddy)
Old 08-29-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well yah i know thats what everybody thinks my shop are very close to us they wouldn't screw me over like most
second yah my bad ur right air to water intercooler not sure what i was thinkin sorry got up early for school long day
and yah i just like the fact that my bro can get full boost at around 2000 rpm and has 1073 rwp so yah so im still undecided but i still leanin towards the whipple i also wanna be original with my **** seems like everybody goes with a turbo u know???

and i know you guys think im bullshitting about my brothers cobra but i don't blame u i wouldn't either if someone told me so for those who doubt me this is his page

http://cardomain.com/id/martinfrenchjr

You will find that on this site you have to have tough skin. Dont take it as attacking you but rather as people trying to help you out and save you some money. Sure, a shop can pretty much fab up anything you want if they are good enough, but for 1000 rwhp+ your going to need a built engine (id say go 402 CI + at minimum), built tranny, badass clutch, stong rear end, new fuel system, new suspension, brakes, tires, tuning, roll cage, etc...and thats not even counting a turbo or whipple kit. I think your going to have way too much into the car to get the whipple to fit and that you will be burning through that 35K very quickly with the modifcations needed to make it work. By all means wait and see how the other ls1 kit goes and if they can make it work and its what you want go for it but I def wouldnt want to be the test car in making the 3.4 whipple fit.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

for twin screw install all i can say is its gonna be a tight fit. I helped put a maggie on a 02 SS and we had to cut the cowl. Its gonna take some serious modifications to fit a whipple in there to include a new cowl hood but it might work bro.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
You will find that on this site you have to have tough skin. Dont take it as attacking you but rather as people trying to help you out and save you some money. Sure, a shop can pretty much fab up anything you want if they are good enough, but for 1000 rwhp+ your going to need a built engine (id say go 402 CI + at minimum), built tranny, badass clutch, stong rear end, new fuel system, new suspension, brakes, tires, tuning, roll cage, etc...and thats not even counting a turbo or whipple kit. I think your going to have way too much into the car to get the whipple to fit and that you will be burning through that 35K very quickly with the modifcations needed to make it work. By all means wait and see how the other ls1 kit goes and if they can make it work and its what you want go for it but I def wouldnt want to be the test car in making the 3.4 whipple fit.
yah i understand that and yes thats true
i have done my research 0n what i need (supporting mods for the power i want

my brother spent 37k on everything built motor billet rods, crank,pistons, fuel system full drag suspension and so forth everything but the role cage including a 5.1 motor stroker build (its on a cobra )
so im very aware of the cost and if needed will pay extra for everything
Old 08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

1200hp mid 9 car. Thats special. Big cubes and a turbo ???.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

I'm pretty sure you will be the first person with a wipple on an fbody. Dont waste your money. Go big cubes and TT APS just came out with a new tt for fbods you might be intrested in.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
I'm pretty sure you will be the first person with a wipple on an fbody. Dont waste your money. Go big cubes and TT APS just came out with a new tt for fbods you might be intrested in.
I'm pretty sure he won't be. I'm pretty sure this, or a TT, won't ever happen on his car. He is a dreamer, his car won't ever have more than a eBay CAI and a Flowmaster exhaust, that he paid some shop $2000 to install. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't exactly see that happening.

As the other guy said, I too remember when I was 17 and had $37,000 to spend on a $10,000 car.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

do u have a link
Old 08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your going to feel very unique when your car that you have 35k in gets beat by a guy that spent half of what you did to build his turbo car makes short work of your car.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Is it just me or does this thread remind anyone else of when that kid posted the fake timeslip in the the street racing section? 1fastz was his name i think.

This is throwing up the same warning signs for me as that thread did.
Ex. Young kid with terrible spelling and typing skills. Inflated claims and a defensive/negative attitude. 1fastz was the exact same way until he went down in flames. i predict this will end the same way.

Im calling BS on all of this until i see a picture of night ghost holding 30K+ in hundred dollar bills in his hands or the damn blower mounted on HIS car. Im not doubting the brothers/shop managers/ some random cobra he found on cardomain, im doubting you night ghost.

WHOS WITH ME ON THIS?
Old 08-29-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by FieroZ34
I'm pretty sure he won't be. I'm pretty sure this, or a TT, won't ever happen on his car. He is a dreamer, his car won't ever have more than a eBay CAI and a Flowmaster exhaust, that he paid some shop $2000 to install. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't exactly see that happening.

As the other guy said, I too remember when I was 17 and had $37,000 to spend on a $10,000 car.

wow why are so many people on this site so negative towards me
first of all i may be young but i do know alot more than most 17 year olds and second don't insult my car i put sweat and tears into already
ive already ran an 11.7 so if u think that im one of those autozone guys ur wrong
here are a list of my mods:

slp short throw shifter
4.10 gears
slp ram air intake
hooker supercomp long tube headers
true dual 3 in. dumps
built t-56 trans
steel driveshaft
spec stage 3 clutch
bbk intake manifold
ported maf sensor
150 texas wet shot of nitrous
mikey thompson et drags (26x10)

it might not be the fastest car but learn to respect other people
Old 08-29-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

first of all i may be young but i do know alot more than most 17 year olds and second don't insult my car i put sweat and tears into already
ive already ran an 11.7 so if u think that im one of those autozone guys ur wrong

slp short throw shifter
4.10 gears
slp ram air intake
true dual 3 in. dumps
built t-56 trans
steel driveshaft
spec stage 3 clutch
bbk intake manifold
ported maf sensor

it might not be the fastest car but learn to respect other people

your on a street racing team..lol. is this the next fast and furious plot?

ps...

how are you expecting to hook up a 1000rwhp car on the street. You won't be hooking up till you over 150 atleast.

so someone left you 100 grand and your blowing a third of it on a car that you wouldn't get 20k for when its all said and done if you need to sell it. Do you have parents to help guide you at all? If I had 100k given to me and I tried to spend a 1/3 of it on a car...i think my rents would have killed me..probably because we don't have a money tree.

I don't mean to attack you, but you seem very immature for the following reasons.

1. you get 100k and want to blow a 1/3 or it on a car that is worth 10k.
2. your on a street racing team
3. your 17 and a street racing team and you want a 1000rwhp car.

ps..your brothers cobra should be a lot faster then high 9s with 1000+rwhp.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

more money than brains is way too common. Don't ask questions if you do't want real answers. You aren't going to get that 3.4 on an f-body. Can it happen? sure, on a crazy built drag car that someone did on a whim cause they have the money to blow. For a 17yo kid that wants a fast street car it's stupid. It won't happen. If you think you're serious abotu that power and spending money you don't have to, call up TSP or someone like them and ask them to put you together a 440 with low compression, then turbo it
Old 08-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Launching!

give speed inc a call. they have a 1000+ hp 8 second street driveable camaro
Old 08-29-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

well like all u said he is going to have problems hookin up and u have to keep in mind that he is driving (decent driver but not the best lol) and yah

yah i know everybody thinks im immature for spending that kind of money but this is a site to help make me make a decision for my car not tell me if im immature or not so with all due respect sir that is my business only
second the team isn't for street racing really its a group of hommies that like to cruize it up all together to the track to run our cars and we just like chillin with eachother
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

So if you've put so much sweat and tears into it, how come you don't know ****? You think any roots/screw supercharger can fit into a F-body without cutting, let alone the biggest axial made? F*cking hilarious. Next, if it can fit so easily, how come you haven't done it? You're so smart, and have so much money, this should be done already. Get off your a$$, get off the forums, and go work on your car. Get something done, then talk ****. Because as of right now, you have a basic T/A like hundreds of thousands of other people. And I'm pretty sue that won't be changing in the near future.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Launching!

because you are throwing around so much bullshit i think we are all gonna drown in it... like when you said...

im already pushing a lil over 500

slp short throw shifter
4.10 gears
slp ram air intake
true dual 3 in. dumps
built t-56 trans
steel driveshaft
spec stage 3 clutch
bbk intake manifold
ported maf sensor
i doubt an intake manifold, longtubes, duals, and a 150shot are pushing you beyond 500 horsepower...

...and when you type absolute garbage like this, i think its easy to see why people dont believe you, and you spend the entire time defending yourself in this thread instead of getting actual help from members on here.
i don't care how much custumization itmight take

i would want a s speed but i still want to go with a g force t-56 transsmision

is that enough proof for u that they exhist

and what u say about the turbos and twin turbos ur right everything has pros and cons
but about the d1sc no way
me and my brother have had too much experience with prochargers started off with the p1sc not making enough power then got the powerful f1a which we were fairly happy about but not a procharger guy not big on centri superchargers

ok ku yah i know this is pretty much free money

thats what i thought dude so yah

turbo needs an intercooler too and there is a perfect spot where on the front bumper there is the firebird plate just behind that is where it will go iv'e seen it

and as for me not being able to handle power
i was 16 and raced a 500+ rwhp trans am (mine lol) so im ready for an upgrade i feel slow compared to the big dogs

second yah my bad ur right air to water intercooler not sure what i was thinkin sorry got up early for school long day

holy **** that is my street racing team bumbass
but heres my favorite:
do every one a favor and just go to hell and get the hell off of these forums your a disgrace to the ls1 world
O im the disgrace to the fbody world?

that being said, i vote lock this thread asap
Old 08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this is a site to help make me make a decision for my car
everyone has told you exactly what to do and why to to it and you only argue what 95% of the people in this thread have told you. You dont want answer, because everyone has given you the correct one and you just argue it. If you know so mcuh, why'd you ask the question in the first place?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Launching!

and as for u fastvert i'de be happy if u drowned or commited suicide u moron
I continue to be surprised and amazed by your maturity level...

In case you missed it in the sticky, here is an excerpt from the forum rules.

Originally Posted by StoleIt
And no more "I have thirty three cents to spend...what should I get?"

It's called research! Try doing it before you go around asking for everyone to hold your hand. We have a search button! Look!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Banned

So....You're like....Gone for good?

Don't answer that, we'd prefer you just go away.

Quick Reply: turbo or whipple