General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

turbo or whipple

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 12:17 AM
PSR
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

regardless of anything being said in this thread now, the kid came in and asked what he should do.
Point taken, However it went from that to name calling. No response warranted some of the responses that I have read.
We are here to conduct our selves in a civilized manor.

Virtually every person in this thread has told him the LOGICAL options of what to do, just like he asked, and all he does is aruge that it isn't the right way to go.
There is a simple solution to this type of member. Look in the top right hand corner of your screen. Do you see that little white X in the red box? Give it a click, and see how fast this becomes a thing of the past. All one has to do is …. Stop replying.

You can't argue that the whipple is in any way the logical way to go. And regardless of whether it is "possible" or not, it will NEVER be a viable option for anyone, and will NEVER be a mass marketed option. It's too involved in MAJOR fabrication etc on a car that isn't produced anymore
So, what you are saying is that if I stick a 2.3 Whipple on a camaro and make 800HP, and the car responds real well to the modification. What if I am able to make a lower intake manifold that requires little or no modification you would not be interested? I’m sure you would be.

that has too many other incredibly well built and easily installed sytems to make just as much power for less time and money
You know, No one has tried it yet so why would you judge it so soon. I think that Mike is excited about the entire build. We will be starting his car this next year he has a lot of time on his hands to start threads such as this one.

It will not however be a feasible thing to do on multiple cars
Until someone steps up to the plate and does the research (This is what I am doing right now) you will never know. The only think you have here is your personal opinion.

Now on to the other one

I know what its like to be 18 in school and have a passion for cars. I can not believe you got your car as a gift very lucky guy. As for your inheritance money that you are planning on spending on your car, well you are very lucky once again.
This is not luck, nor was it free. It came at the expense of his father. I would rather have no car and no money and still have my father, personally. I’m sure Mike feels the same way.

I wouldn’t worry about Mike too much. This doesn’t even scratch his money. However I think that he appreciates everyone’s constructive criticism when it come to him squandering the money. I can assure you that he has given this car a lot of thought.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:15 AM
PSR
9 Second Club

So you can't argue that an eBay supercharger doesn't work,
I can….. However you would like that too much

so you just think since it came from eBay it must be a scam?
Obviously you do. That is why you keep talking about it.

Because I used one, and it made positive manifold pressure. Significant, material pressure on a reliable, accurate gauge. Argue that. And please don't use the present tense (Not like you know the difference), I no longer own one. Now I stick to a Garrett water cooled dual ball bearing turbocharger--The best turbocharger made, that exceeds 82% adiabatic efficiency from 6psi to 28psi, and from 4800rpm to 7200rpm on my setup. I challenge you to find one compressor to come within 10% of that AE over that wide of a range, and one that peaks within 5% of it. Let me make it easy, you can't.
As hard as it may seam this is not about you. It sounds to me that you are upset that you are not getting the attention you need. No one cares what you have done. If you want to talk about your accomplishments then by all means make your own thread and stop posting your nonsense in this one. Thank you

It's not a Camaro or Trans Am, I already said that. But it will walk all over my Camaro. Go ahead, laugh in the face of my ugly piece of **** car
It looks like you have some serious issues. Maybe you Dad didn’t love you much when you were a kid or what ever just let it go man.

. But I don't rely on my inheritance to pay for it. And I pay for my car, I don't have rely on someone giving it to me.
Talk about a cheap shot. I guess this was to be expected after reading your other post! You sound like a has been Ricer trying to take his final jabs on the way down

PSR, you need to read again, I'm not jealous in the least.
It’s quite alright, I am able to read the post the first time around. This is what I think. You use to be a ricer, and people like Mike use to tease you when you had a slow car. Now you have found a way to make enough money to buy, what looks like a nice red camaro. Now you are on a national message board. Now you think that you are going to show how big and bad you are by making fun of people and putting them down. I’m tired of people like you dragging this sport down. Please take your insecurities some where else. We don’t need them here. If you cant give positive feedback then don’t respond. With every response you show your true self.

Quite frankly if I had his car I'd sell it right off.
Well you don’t. So stop worrying about it

Or pull every part off and redo it myself--My way.
Oh so now you think that you know more than a group of trained professionals? Who are you again ….. Oh that is right you are no body….

Then I'd talk ****.
Imagine that, just like you are doing here.

And it isn't just that he can't work on his own car, it's the fact that he talks like he can.
Granted his mouth is quite large, However who are you to decide if he can or can’t?

It's fine to not know **** about your car, and to cut the check to someone who does.
We are glade that we now have your blessing. I don’t think that I could sleep knowing that we didn’t have your support!

But he doesn't know **** about his car, but acts like he does,
Hey pot meet kettle.

then proceeds to talk **** like he already has this all done. Then proceeds to act like he knows **** about my cars/bikes.
You have cars and bikes? Since when did this become about you? Weird

I don't care what he can/can't afford. And for him to act superior because he inherited everything he owns is quite ignorant and cocky. He has no place to be either.
Man, by the looks of this thread it would seam that you are very much concerned of what and how he spends his money! As for acting superior what is your excuse? It still sounds like you are a jealous person. How many times must we go over this, Its not your money to say what he spends it on. If he wants to go down town and buy a hooker, by all means that is his prerogative. Just mind your own business. If you don’t like what has been said in this thread then by all means Troll to another thread or better yet click on the X in the top right hand corner.

The level on the build is very minor. It isn't a hard build. The only problem is the cowl.
It sounds like you have it all figure out, doesn’t it Mr Know it all

But since he won't ever do any of this, we have no problems.
What are you saying? If we do build this… that you and I are going to have problems? Are trying to be an E bully here?

[quote] And how does a beginner mechanic become a master mechanic? By doing it.[quote]

You would not know, Because, you are not a master mechanic now are you. Let the truth be known you are not even close to being a Master Mechanic.

I am fully competent in doing this all myself. Do you think I was born with that? No, I lived and I learned. He hasn't.
Once again this is not about you! Oh I get it now. You are upset and think that in some way shape or form you think that you should bentitled to something like this … what ever, Go read another magazine

But he talks like he has And you don't have to worry about me coming into your shop anytime soon, there is nothing you can do that I cannot.
What ever floats your boat there big guy.

And that's fine that he has you do his brakes. But then his cocky arrogant ignorant *** comes on LS1Tech bragging about how fast his car stops, how it has Viper brakes, and how much he spent, and blah blah blah, all the time failing to realize that he knows nothing of what he speaks,
Once again Pot meet kettle

because the size of his brakes have no affect on how quickly his car stops. And yah, I'd have the same stance. That's after I sued his T/A and $37,000 inheritance right out from under him. Along with Mommy's house. And Mommy's car. And his *** would be in jail.
Boy you are all hung up on the fact that this kid as you so call him has more disposable cash than you do……. Seriously get over it. You are sounding like a broken record already. Blah blah blah mommy blah bla blah daddy blah blah blah free car blah blah let me show you how smart I am ……………

Yes Mike, hold your head up. You're the bigger man. You can talk **** on a car that was given to you, and about mods that aren't done to it, and about how much money you have. You're the man Mike. I wish I could be like you. I'm gonna stop for now, I have to go risk my life tomorrow to protect you and your family, so I can go home with my $45,000 a year and pay for my car. Someday you might know what that's like. Because the $250 I'll earn tomorrow means more to me than $37,000 given to me ever will.
Wow talk about a bold statement. Thank you for serving our country! I didn’t know that you were going to milk that cow, but now that you have.. it is nice to see that you would like yet another pat on the back for doing something that yet so many before you have done including my self!. You should be grateful that you have a place like this to escape the harsh reality of what you face very day. No one on this board gives a rats *** what you make a year! Nor do we care about your asinine behavior. Please pull your head out of your *** and conduct your self as you have been trained! You have a lot of growing up to do yet. I wish you the best of luck. May God be with you.

Dan
Old 08-31-2007, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FieroZ34
......I have to go risk my life tomorrow to protect you and your family, so I can go home with my $45,000 a year and pay for my car. Someday you might know what that's like. Because the $250 I'll earn tomorrow means more to me than $37,000 given to me ever will.
you sir, are a disgrace to the United States Military.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ugh, that was ugly well im done posting childish comments. Sorry again for getting out of hand and thank u dan. well first off i would like to say that i have stock brakes (viper what?), not really sure where he got that from.
Second, i joined this forum so i could learn a thing or two about lsx cars. as u know i am kinda new to this car thing so bear with me. i never claimed that i was a master machanic either, as even i realize that quite honestly i don't know too much. Yes the motor will be fully built as i stated in the first post, but thanks for the advice.

And last but not least, i would like to say that i would much rather have my dad in my life more than any car or any amount of money possible. that gap will never be filled
-love u dad rest in piece big guy-
Old 08-31-2007, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FIEROZ34
That's after I sued his T/A and $37,000 inheritance right out from under him. Along with Mommy's house. And Mommy's car. And his *** would be in jail.
And how dare u talk about his widowed mother in that manner!!! Truely a disgrace!!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Does anyone else think the Whipple fitting might be a problem?

J/K, again good luck with the build and keep us updated with the progress. I think a huge 3.4 whipple charged f-body would be pimp, plus I want to see the mods done to get it to work. Are you guys using the LM speed kit as a starting point or is this going to be from sratch 100% 1 off build?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

Man You know I don't post here much at all but first off psr wants to sponsor and he's going to talk to members like that? Second, the thread starter you came in and asked what everyone thought. People came in and gave you opinions and ideas, you then proceeded to argue and geting into pissing matches with each one of them. Personally I'm not a fan of roots blowers but more power to you if you do go this route. I realize you got alot of money. But, at 17 I would not waste money trying to be an innovator or have the only one of these. Getting around the cowl and windsheild are going to be HUGE isses. I'm not taking sides in anything I just see grown men and a 17 year old kid acting like little girls talking **** on eachother.

That is all have a nice day.

p.s. Don't even bother responding to me with negative bullshit because I won't post in this thread anymore.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Kuhnstyle86
Man You know I don't post here much at all but first off psr wants to sponsor and he's going to talk to members like that? Second, the thread starter you came in and asked what everyone thought. People came in and gave you opinions and ideas, you then proceeded to argue and geting into pissing matches with each one of them. Personally I'm not a fan of roots blowers but more power to you if you do go this route. I realize you got alot of money. But, at 17 I would not waste money trying to be an innovator or have the only one of these. Getting around the cowl and windsheild are going to be HUGE isses. I'm not taking sides in anything I just see grown men and a 17 year old kid acting like little girls talking **** on eachother.

That is all have a nice day.

p.s. Don't even bother responding to me with negative bullshit because I won't post in this thread anymore.
How is psr doing something wrong?? Maybe u shouldnt have posted ur useless message. Second, there were only two trolls in this thread. that would be fiero and nrmustang. They have been talking very disrespectfully in a matter that would make me slap them if they were my kids. By the way, i'm 60. Thirdly, I'm glad ur not a fan of roots blowers. Who the heck was talking about a roots blower?? We were talking about twin screw blowers. Two very different positive displacement superchargers. Dont get them confused. The screw is a lot more efficient and can put out a lot more boost than a roots.
thats all folks
Old 08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Ok I lied I will post again are you his grandpa or some ****? Also roots and twin screw are very similar minus twin screws efficiency.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Does anyone else think the Whipple fitting might be a problem?

J/K, again good luck with the build and keep us updated with the progress. I think a huge 3.4 whipple charged f-body would be pimp, plus I want to see the mods done to get it to work. Are you guys using the LM speed kit as a starting point or is this going to be from sratch 100% 1 off build?
Thank you for the support. i will be keepin this post updated with the progress of the 3.4 whipple. im not sure how it is going to be done however that might be a question for psr
thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kuhnstyle86
Ok I lied I will post again are you his grandpa or some ****? Also roots and twin screw are very similar minus twin screws efficiency.
once again someone is talking out of hand. This is a lsx car forum not a competition on who could punk who, so if the name calling could stop that would be great. i was too out of hand in earlier posts, which is why i apologized. lets just talk in a civilized manner

Old 08-31-2007, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kbraklr
.......... Second, there were only two trolls in this thread. that would be fiero and nrmustang. They have been talking very disrespectfully in a matter that would make me slap them if they were my kids........
Ok thats it, troll? If I recall you said earlier that you've been reading the boards for quite some time and finally decided to join to start talking trash! sounds to me like your the......

There has not been disrespect, as plenty of people have stated night ghost came and asked everyones opinions on "whipple or turbo"- when as anyone can tell already had his mind set on a currently non-existing whipple kit for LS motors-with no intention of going with a turbo.

All I did was clearly explain the reasons why a whipple would not work. He starting smack talk by saying "So yah when you see a 3.4 in person get back to me...", which I promptly did. READ IT.

Just read the entire thread and I'm sure you'll see why the majority of folks on here have taken the stand they have regarding this thread.

And another thing, how do you know if we are old enough to be your kids? Maybe the nursing home should take away your internet access. Hows it feel?

If any moderator gets to read this, this thread is getting WAY out of hand!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by night ghost
once again someone is talking out of hand. This is a lsx car forum not a competition on who could punk who, so if the name calling could stop that would be great. i was too out of hand in earlier posts, which is why i apologized. lets just talk in a civilized manner

X 1,000,000

This is sucking a lot normally good people into war.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

as for u nrmustang im not worried about you. You did give me thought and pretty good ones at that. i did over react to your comments however. The problem I have is with mr fiero, but im done with that. I actually was, very much, considering have big cubes and turbo. thanks for ur opinions, don't let my short temper get to u sorry sir
Old 08-31-2007, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by night ghost
as for u nrmustang im not worried about you. You did give me thought and pretty good ones at that. i did over react to your comments however. The problem I have is with mr fiero, but im done with that. I actually was, very much, considering have big cubes and turbo. thanks for ur opinions, don't let my short temper get to u sorry sir
Old 08-31-2007, 09:57 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Twin turbos.

Quick Reply: turbo or whipple