General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Now I'm really confused

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Now I'm really confused

At first i wanted a badass turbo set up. big cubes with big turbo=fast!! lol. Now im having doubts.. i have seen a few 900rwhp on camaros with prochargers. If i get one, i will be getting the best there, is maybe f1R kit with cog belt system. What are your opinions on prochargers, i was a supercharger guy at first (twin screw/roots) because of the instant torque, but swayed towards turbos. But now just a confused young man with $38,000 dollars to spend. i want a complete streetable system but in high 9's to low 10's. My shop leader told me that it was possible for about 1000 flywheel hp on a turbo but not sure what to do. Thanks for the help in advanced guys.

thanks,
michael
Old 10-12-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone????????
Old 10-12-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, I wish I had that cash to spend, wish I could help....have you tried posting on the FORCED INDUCTION section
Old 10-12-2007, 07:34 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are many many ways to be fast. Big cubes and forced induction is one of them. It really all comes down to personal preference/builder preference/shop preference. Some shops are more comfortable doing turbo builds, some superchargers, some nitrous...or some all of the above.

But it all comes down to you. Yes you can do it with cubes and an F1, yes you can do it with cubes (or without) and a turbo, or cubes and spray.

Since you "at first" wanted a turbo setup, why not stick with that? Talk to the sponsor's here (Speed Inc, W2W, etc...) and say this how much you wanna spend and this how fast I want to go!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Damn if I had that money I'd save it for later when I need it. Not waste it on a FI kist. That just my $.02. That and N/A cars are cooler
Old 10-13-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

all i can say bro check out the forced induction section lots of info theere for you but me personally im with xXSilencerXx N/A is better H/C/I giggle juice put you right up there with the Forced induction guys
Old 10-13-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would NEVER put 38k into a 4th gen fbody. To be honest. I like first gens swapped though, very cool!
Old 10-13-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would go with a turbo setup because with the boost controll you can just turn the boost down from inside your car if you have to run pump gas, and then turn it up if you want to run race gas and high boost. That is a huge plus and i am sure you know about all the theories about turbo vs. superchargers. Try out the forced induction section.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would go turbo but im biased. Im not spending that kind of money though
Old 10-14-2007, 10:42 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Run a HUGE shot and save that money man, its a car bro.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 180ls1
i would go with a turbo setup because with the boost controll you can just turn the boost down from inside your car if you have to run pump gas, and then turn it up if you want to run race gas and high boost. That is a huge plus and i am sure you know about all the theories about turbo vs. superchargers. Try out the forced induction section.
yah and thats the other thing, i will be running pump gas on the streets and race gas on the track. With a custom tune however can't you have a street and track tune for your need?? well thanks everybody for your help. i think i will be goin with turbo. my shop makes custom turbo kits so when march comes i hope ill be happy. The boost controller is a big thing for me, as i will be racing on streets and track. as for the money issue, i will be having plenty left over, but thanks for your concern guys, i appreciate it alot.

thanks,
michael
Old 10-15-2007, 03:10 AM
TECH Regular

its his money let him do as he pleases.. u only live once might as well enjoy it while you can!!