General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

An insult to ls1's! Wikipedia being biased!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, but i guess even ls1 can be made into 427's. big cubes in small block packages!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ponygt65
REally?.......I guess I don't know enough about the FGT......Ididn't know they were low 11 second 1320 cars.
Apparently you don't. The GT is not easy to drive well. That said, I've seen one run 11.27@ over 130mph on track at Gainesville in July. It was the talk of the afternoon, judging by the announcer, who kept "reminding" everyone that the car was verified as totally stock as a dealer brought it for testing against stock Porsche 911's. Incidentally, it kicked their asses. I looked it over and it looked completely stock, including the window sticker sitting in the seat.

I've seen all the info I need to take note of one ZO6 which ran 11.17 all stock, so it is honestly formidable against anything stock. While I think the ZO6 is better bang for the buck than most true performance cars, I'd rather own a GT because you won't see one everyday. And it will run over 200mph.

This whole thread has made me laugh plenty, but there are some people who can't be reached.

On a side note: You, ponygt65, come off as very arrogant, particularly for evidently, a newbie. I ain't sayin' you're just wrong, but at least take a moment to realize you're hardly perfect, even about Fords. Others may seem ignorant, but at least we may get them clued in at some point. It won't be easy if you act like a jerk at every turn.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
You obviously Don't. But...since you feel like going to school today: The Cobra was nicknamed "terminator" because it was designed to terminate the competition. Including GM's Corvette Z06.
From your wiki article:
"While in production, SVT had codenamed this model the "Terminator", since it was supposed to finally put an end to any competition between the Cobra and the Trans Am / Camaro."
Funny I dont see anything about a Corvette, none the less a Z06...
When it comes to the vette, the only thing the Cobra would "terminate" is their own owners pride when barley being able to see the rear end of a base model C5 on a track (a real track, one with turns).
Old 11-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

thank u!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Apparently you don't. The GT is not easy to drive well. That said, I've seen one run 11.27@ over 130mph on track at Gainesville in July. It was the talk of the afternoon, judging by the announcer, who kept "reminding" everyone that the car was verified as totally stock as a dealer brought it for testing against stock Porsche 911's. Incidentally, it kicked their asses. I looked it over and it looked completely stock, including the window sticker sitting in the seat.

I've seen all the info I need to take note of one ZO6 which ran 11.17 all stock, so it is honestly formidable against anything stock.
Looks like you need to do some research yourself...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...65&forum_id=49
Ranger, the same guy who ran high 11s in a bone stock C5 Z06, ran low 11s in a bone stock C6 Z06, and high 10s with just drag radials...

While I think the ZO6 is better bang for the buck than most true performance cars, I'd rather own a GT because you won't see one everyday. And it will run over 200mph.
Again, research, a stock C6 Z06 has broken 200mph on GPS.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80507
Old 11-07-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
From your wiki article:
"While in production, SVT had codenamed this model the "Terminator", since it was supposed to finally put an end to any competition between the Cobra and the Trans Am / Camaro."
When it comes to the vette, the only thing the Cobra would "terminate" is their own owners pride when barley being able to see the rear end of a base model C5 on a track (a real track, one with turns).
I was gonna drop a comment about that. But you covered that base.

+1, for example the 03/04 Cobra's aren't even ranked in Nurburgring track times. However, the Ford Focus ST gets in there at the end.

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?vie...ID=0&tID=10073

7:42* -- 160.519 km/h – Ford GT, 550 PS/ 1521 kg (*as indicated by Octane magazine, 11/05)

7:42.9 - 160.207 km/h -- Corvette Z06, 500 PS/1319 kg, Jan Magnusen, (Sporbilen, jun,26 05)

The Ford GT can barely squeak by the C6z06.

This thread is entertaining btw.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlazerINtheWork
SN-95 2 Modular (1999-2001*)
A rear bumper that reads "COBRA", instead of "MUSTANG", as the 1999 Cobra had. But no one has ever seen the rear bumper
That's great!

99 FRC
Old 11-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

I replaced every Mustang word with Pusstang and it got changed so fast, and now I'm blocked. I'm appealing it though. I don't care about that liberal media, I just wanted to have some more fun.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Launching!

From your wiki article:
Ummm, this whole thread is about people whinning about how wikipedia is not credible, so you probably shouldn't use it as a resource in an argument in this thread especially. Although I'm not saying you're wrong cause you do make a point.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kuulkatdadieo
I replaced every Mustang word with Pusstang and it got changed so fast, and now I'm blocked. I'm appealing it though. I don't care about that liberal media, I just wanted to have some more fun.
I just read this while sitting in my class and i started crackin up out loud! Everybody was looking at me like i was crazy. Nice job man, thats awesome!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like you need to do some research yourself...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...65&forum_id=49
Ranger, the same guy who ran high 11s in a bone stock C5 Z06, ran low 11s in a bone stock C6 Z06, and high 10s with just drag radials...
What has this got to do with a GT? NOTHING, of course! I already knew about "Ranger" and his 11.1, which is what I was referencing in my post, hence: 11.17 in the 1st place. Obviously I did my research, albeit, not today.

Again, research, a stock C6 Z06 has broken 200mph on GPS.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80507
I never said the ZO6 wouldn't run 200 or more mph. I never even hinted that. I simply listed a reason I like the GT. It had NOTHING ON EARTH to do with the ZO6. Unlike you, I'm not here to have a pissing contest. Sheesh, get a life, or at least a job requiring use of time for something other than trying to fight on the internet.

Maybe you can feel better if I also say the "Terminator" name didn't have a thing to do with the Cobra competing with the ZO6??? The Cobra is a "pony" car and the Corvette has always been a true sports car. They are in a totally different area where competition is concerned. That help???
Old 11-07-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i guess no one got the memo that the gt was never meant to compete with the z06, but then again theres about 1000 apples to oranges comparisons flying around in here
Old 11-07-2007, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

i vote the next time the word "mustang" gets changed on wiki it should be changed to "poonstain"
Old 11-07-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
i guess no one got the memo that the gt was never meant to compete with the z06, but then again theres about 1000 apples to oranges comparisons flying around in here
Well I guess thats a +1 to GM because the z06 does compete. We can just say the Z06 overachieves.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

you people let trolls own you too easily.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is so damn funny.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by It'llrun
What has this got to do with a GT? NOTHING, of course! I already knew about "Ranger" and his 11.1, which is what I was referencing in my post, hence: 11.17 in the 1st place. Obviously I did my research, albeit, not today.

I never said the ZO6 wouldn't run 200 or more mph. I never even hinted that. I simply listed a reason I like the GT. It had NOTHING ON EARTH to do with the ZO6.
Both of your posts seemed to imply that the Z06 couldnt compete.
Unlike you, I'm not here to have a pissing contest. Sheesh, get a life, or at least a job requiring use of time for something other than trying to fight on the internet.
Really, then why are you on a LS1 technical site talking about Mustangs being "superior" and trying to argue for hp/l?
I only joined this discussion to clear up the very misinformed fanboys.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:16 PM
12 Second Club

I skipped from page 1 to 12 and it is still funny. 88blackgt you need to open up to others ideas alittle more, i remember on a few of my posts you chimed in like you knew what you were talking about when i could see that you really didn't know what you were talking about. Not trying to slam anyone just think its funny how this post started out and how it is now. And btw i think car and driver tested the C6 Z06 against the GT and another car i dont reacal and the Z06 smoked the competition all the way around. Taking a step away from stock i also recall the pontiac G6 outperformed the Z06 and the GT on the track. I dont know where i am going with this just figured id add some imput so someone can call me ignorant or tell me im a moron.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Finite1
Well I guess thats a +1 to GM because the z06 does compete. We can just say the Z06 overachieves.
what i meant is theyre not intended for the same buyers. c6z is the best bang for the buck choice of all "supercars," hands down. its kinda like a tbss is faster than a camry, but theyre not intended to "compete"

Originally Posted by T-56SLPSS
I skipped from page 1 to 12 and it is still funny. 88blackgt you need to open up to others ideas alittle more, i remember on a few of my posts you chimed in like you knew what you were talking about when i could see that you really didn't know what you were talking about. Not trying to slam anyone just think its funny how this post started out and how it is now. And btw i think car and driver tested the C6 Z06 against the GT and another car i dont reacal and the Z06 smoked the competition all the way around. Taking a step away from stock i also recall the pontiac G6 outperformed the Z06 and the GT on the track. I dont know where i am going with this just figured id add some imput so someone can call me ignorant or tell me im a moron.
lol its you're just ignorant, i cant help that. and you my friend are the one who has no clue what theyre talking about.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finite1
I was gonna drop a comment about that. But you covered that base.

+1, for example the 03/04 Cobra's aren't even ranked in Nurburgring track times. However, the Ford Focus ST gets in there at the end.

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?vie...ID=0&tID=10073

7:42* -- 160.519 km/h – Ford GT, 550 PS/ 1521 kg (*as indicated by Octane magazine, 11/05)

7:42.9 - 160.207 km/h -- Corvette Z06, 500 PS/1319 kg, Jan Magnusen, (Sporbilen, jun,26 05)

The Ford GT can barely squeak by the C6z06.
Faster is faster.

From your wiki article:
Your comparing a 4 seat muscle car 3650lb muscle car to a 2 seat Vette driven commonly by old people. Dont get me wrong but this is apples to oranges. A real track is defined by your and only your meaning, get real and grow up.

This thread is entertaining btw.[/QUOTE]

As comparing the FGT to the Z06. Lets take a gander at what car is going up in value and will continue to go up in value. Furthermore the FGT is an instant classic but the FGT will be a legend for many years to come.

Quick Reply: An insult to ls1's! Wikipedia being biased!