General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

An insult to ls1's! Wikipedia being biased!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
WOW I read the first few posts and skipped the rest. Some of you guys are acting like your 5 and crying when someone calls you a name. The important thing to remember is THIS IS THE INTERNET which is made up of probally around 90% bull s*** and 10% creditable material. Smart people can tell the difference and ignore the BS. Wikipedia is part of that 90% BS considering that ANYONE can write on it and edit/add information. NON of VERY little of it is creditable material that is from a creditable author. Just b/c the ford guys are being retarded and adding dumb S*** in there lets not stoop down to there level. If anyone reads that and actually believes it Im glad they dont have a LS1 b/c they would give us a bad reputation.
HERE HERE....Great post man.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Launching!

agreed. guess that was pretty childish.

OK lets go back and talk about there moms having Syphilis.

JK!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:48 PM

yeah and just because the chevy guys are being retarded and adding dumb S*** us ford guys dont need to stoop to their level!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1998Z20what?
agreed. guess that was pretty childish.

OK lets go back and talk about there moms having Syphilis.

JK!
What?....
It's all about the Gahna-sypha-herp-alaids
Old 11-08-2007, 12:53 PM

hahaha thats funny!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Launching!

PONY GT:

thats sounds like a pretty nasty combo to have man lol
Old 11-08-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1998Z20what?
PONY GT:

thats sounds like a pretty nasty combo to have man lol
That's what I tried to tell my Ex-wife when I found out about her b/F.....but she told me that she loved him.....they'll be really happy together.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

well i still think that ponygt65 is a big poopoo head!! by the way, i am 51 years old, and my son drives a 2006 Ford mustang GT!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kbraklr
well i still think that ponygt65 is a big poopoo head!! by the way, i am 51 years old, and my son drives a 2006 Ford mustang GT!
If everyone had the same opinion, the world would be a boring place.

Just think of the Dr. Suess books.......same houses and cars......3 different colors to choose from. OR, good ole Henry Ford...."you can have any color you want. As long as it is Black".
Old 11-08-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SVT
yeah and just because the chevy guys are being retarded and adding dumb S*** us ford guys dont need to stoop to their level!
Apparently the ford guys are doing it too otherwise it never would have started in the first place

Like my dad always said, "it takes two"
Old 11-08-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 67maro
Theres some Z06's sitting on dealers lots so they are actually selling for under MSRP since dealers want to them off their lots. Were seeing slightly used FGT's selling what a new car was going for a couple years go. Face it the Z06 is another massed produced car while the GT is a true limitied production car. They made IIRC under 5k FGT's, how many Z06's did they make? I dont own a Ford GT but I know a couple people who own them though. I started a thread on FGT forums and asked the simple question if the prices are going up, 3 responses so far, all yes. Who know the market of a car better then the owner?
Great well go find me some on e-bay or somthing that shows me that they are in fact going UP. I dont care what present owners say UNLESS they recently sold one, then that information matters. Otherwise it's completely irrelevant. I'll go check a KBB right now, unless that book price doesn't matter to you either. You gotta base your information off SOMTHING.

You didn't specify anything other than what I already know. I understand z06's are higher production cars, but they aren't MASS PRODUCED. I believe in 06' they sold under 4,000. I could go find out more specific numbers but thats unimportant. There's really no more discussion here unless you bring to the table some relevant information. I'm saying it's a FORD, it depreciates like any other car and barely edges with a z06 in performance. There you have it.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:34 PM

will this ever end?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the Ford GT is a beautiful car that outshines the Z06 in looks, it's a supercar up there with the best of them.. I get it.. it was limited production, it's rare and it's sweet.. But, I got GM love.

I just think that lets say Chevrolet goes out and builds a limited production rare car it's the same thing. Domestics just don't have the same value around the world as they do in the United States. Really my entire argument is completely off topic and I kinda wish I didn't start it. But the z06 does a lot for what it is considering whats out there, so I gotta defend GM based on what they actually produce. But neither of these companys are on the level of Porsche, Ferrari, what not. Sure maybe Chevy BEATS them in lemans and stuff, but these are companies with major reputation across the globe that surpasses our domestics in most people's minds.. the Ford GT and Z06 are on the level of world class automobiles, thats the bottom line. But Corvettes been up there with the best in road courses for years and years. Ford just got there.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by caseypayne69
I guess I'm coming off as a F-body hater. Which isn't the case, I wanted one but can't get over the ugly dashes and exterior. Plus, the Mustang has a HUGE exterior aftermarket to play with. I'm watching for 2009 and 2014 as far as Camaro's and Stangs are concerned. I used to want a Terminator, but don't know if I want the same interior thats in my 96 GT. For me the real reason people drop LS1's in cars and not Modulars is of two reasons. Modulars probably don't fit in small areas like the LS's and LS's are cheaper to buy and build, while the modulars weigh 80 lbs or so more.

I wanted a 99 Corvette & 94 Viper for some time, but got over paying 25k to 33k for 5 to 8 year old cars.
I actaully like the interior of my camaro....i hate how fords dash looks like its being slammed into the firewall, and the door handle and every plastic piece inside my brothers 98 cobra feels like its going to break off any second.......now im not saying the 4gen interior is any better but at least it doesnt feel like ****. the reason people like ls-1's is because how easy it is to make power and to get real world results without paying an arm and a leg
Old 11-08-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Finite1
I think the Ford GT is a beautiful car that outshines the Z06 in looks, it's a supercar up there with the best of them.. I get it.. it was limited production, it's rare and it's sweet.. But, I got GM love.

I just think that lets say Chevrolet goes out and builds a limited production rare car it's the same thing. Domestics just don't have the same value around the world as they do in the United States. Really my entire argument is completely off topic and I kinda wish I didn't start it. But the z06 does a lot for what it is considering whats out there, so I gotta defend GM based on what they actually produce. But neither of these companys are on the level of Porche, Ferrari, what not. Sure maybe Chevy BEATS them in lemans and stuff, but these are companies with major reputation across the globe that surpasses domestics in most people's minds.. the Ford GT and Z06 are on the level of world class automobiles, thats the bottom line. But Corvettes been up there with the best in road courses for years and years. Ford just got there.
not true ford did kick ferraris *** in le mans back in the 60's with the original gt-40........the best selling car in europe is a GM built opel!!!!!! so its not like europeans hate our cars.......top gear was all over the z06 performance numbers, even though they are biased towards euro cars
Old 11-08-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're gonna compare the 60's automobiles with the current then this is pointless. They both have lots of history. We know this. I mean current. It wasn't until the 06' Z06 and Ford GT until our domestics become "respected" among Euro fans because of their high ranking among ALL AROUND automobiles and supercar status. The z06's have always been up there, but not at the high top.

Most euro's just don't know or don't think highly of our cars, believe me. They are very stubborn. Try having a conversation with some U.K. folks or European's. They love BMW's and "high class" cars they feel US productions cars don't fall into.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GMmexican
I actaully like the interior of my camaro....i hate how fords dash looks like its being slammed into the firewall, and the door handle and every plastic piece inside my brothers 98 cobra feels like its going to break off any second.......now im not saying the 4gen interior is any better but at least it doesnt feel like ****. the reason people like ls-1's is because how easy it is to make power and to get real world results without paying an arm and a leg
I think that is more subjective to individual cars than anything. Any massed produced items will have their flaw and be 'cheap' in some aspects due to costs. Your car is also 4 years newer. I have riden in Fbods and there are 'cheap' things to them as well. It really comes down to personal preference of what you do and don't like about the 'cheapness'.

Anyone that think LS's can't make great power N/A for relatively cheap, doesn't know much about them. They are stout motors for sure.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Finite1
If you're gonna compare the 60's automobiles with the current then this is pointless. They both have lots of history. We know this. I mean current. It wasn't until the 06' Z06 and Ford GT until our domestics become "respected" among Euro fans because of their high ranking among ALL AROUND automobiles and supercar status. The z06's have always been up there, but not at the high top.

Most euro's just don't know or don't think highly of our cars, believe me. They are very stubborn. Try having a conversation with some U.K. folks or European's. They love BMW's and "high class" cars they feel US productions cars don't fall into.
I agree.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

well considering the corvette was BANNED for a few yeares because of its performance the euros had plenty of time to develop there cars.

if you look at ferraris recent succuess it has been in formula 1 where they dont have 2 much competition from the ford cosworth,honda,renault,bmw,mercedes

the FIA had to change the rules and downgrade cars to allow everyone else to catch up
Old 11-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99SVT
clever, you took exactly what the other guy but turned it around. ohh you

Quick Reply: An insult to ls1's! Wikipedia being biased!