General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

An insult to ls1's! Wikipedia being biased!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SVT
will this ever end?
yup, right around the time gravity dissappears, lol
Old 11-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Teching In

The original entry may have been unjustified, but making it just as biased in the other direction is no better.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finite1
Great well go find me some on e-bay or somthing that shows me that they are in fact going UP. I dont care what present owners say UNLESS they recently sold one, then that information matters. Otherwise it's completely irrelevant. I'll go check a KBB right now, unless that book price doesn't matter to you either. You gotta base your information off SOMTHING.

You didn't specify anything other than what I already know. I understand z06's are higher production cars, but they aren't MASS PRODUCED. I believe in 06' they sold under 4,000. I could go find out more specific numbers but thats unimportant. There's really no more discussion here unless you bring to the table some relevant information. I'm saying it's a FORD, it depreciates like any other car and barely edges with a z06 in performance. There you have it.

Heritage cars are trading hands for around 180k+ when many were going for 160 last year. Theres a used Heritage currently for sale for 220k as well. Im basing my info on owners who some are dealers themselves and cars that have recently changed owners. The car took a hit in value when it first while it was still in production but ever since it has stopped in 06 they have raised.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 67maro
Heritage cars are trading hands for around 180k+ when many were going for 160 last year. Theres a used Heritage currently for sale for 220k as well. Im basing my info on owners who some are dealers themselves and cars that have recently changed owners. The car took a hit in value when it first while it was still in production but ever since it has stopped in 06 they have raised.
Yeah right, thats not appreciation thats just dealers trying to make money. The car isn't booked at those prices used. I found a ton on e-bay going for about 10 thousand dollars on average +- MSRP and most are nearly new with low miles. If MSRP is about 149k... maybe you should go ahead and look at the complete Ford GT that sold and take a look at how they all are below msrp or under 12 thousand over msrp (like maybe a few). I even found one that is a 2005 that sold for 117k. I'm gonna watch the one selling for 220k and I bet you it doesn't sell and will never at that price. And also I checked the 2005/2006 production numbers and in both years they produced right around 2010 Ford GT's, about half of z06's that came out. Rare car, thats pretty much explains any of thise additional "appreciation" you speak of. I found some with over 5k miles and the prices are nowhere near the msrp right now as they started with on low starting price auctions. I'm gonna watch these though and make sure I'm correct. Cause I know you're wrong.

Last edited by Finite1; 11-08-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah right, thats not appreciation thats just dealers trying to make money. The car isn't booked at those prices used. I found a ton on e-bay going for about 10 thousand dollars on average +- MSRP and most are nearly new with low miles. If MSRP is about 149k... maybe you should go ahead and look at the complete Ford GT that sold and take a look at how they all are below msrp or under 12 thousand over msrp (like maybe a few). I even found one that is a 2005 that sold for 117k. I'm gonna watch the one selling for 220k and I bet you it doesn't sell and will never at that price. And also I checked the 2005/2006 production numbers and in both years they produced right around 2010 Ford GT's, about half of z06's that came out. Rare car, thats pretty much explains any of thise additional "appreciation" you speak of. I found some with over 5k miles and the prices are nowhere near the msrp right now as they started with on low starting price auctions. I'm gonna watch these though and make sure I'm correct. Cause I know you're wrong.
The current going rate of a car is determined by dealears and buyers. From where the car values were last year they are going up. This 05 car that sold for 117k how long ago was this and what kind of miles did it have?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well understand that on e-bay people bid things up to prices they shouldn't be. I sell a lot on e-bay and it happens all the time if they don't know a true value to base their bidding on, or they just have money to spend and don't care to look around for a better price what not. But truth is that almost every single one on there that SOLD are under msrp and very very low miles <3k, almost every single one that is over msrp didn't sell or if they did its because it's a special package or somthing, but even then it's maybe 10k over. Go check it out yourself. The one that went for 117k had 2900 miles and ended october 31st.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually on the ones that I thought sold the reserve wasn't met and bidding stayed under msrp. So people know what the msrp is and the bidding didn't reach the reserve. Just my .02.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Well understand that on e-bay people bid things up to prices they shouldn't be. I sell a lot on e-bay and it happens all the time if they don't know a true value to base their bidding on, or they just have money to spend and don't care. But truth is that almost every single one on there that SOLD are under msrp and very very low miles <3k, almost every single one that is over msrp didn't sell or if they did its because it's a special package or somthing, but even then it's maybe 10k over. Go check it out yourself. The one that went for 117k had 2900 miles and ended october 31st.
The values from the cars that sold last year are lower then the ones this year. Did the 117k car actually sell and was it a clean title car? Using ebay as a refrence for selling is like using wikipedia as a source for a project IMO. You never know if these cars actually sell or not.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually most of them didn't sell cause they never hit the reserve but the bidding stayed under msrp. The higher priced ones have no bids at all. I can only assume if the bidding reached the reserve they are technically sold whether they paid or not I can't find that out. Ford GT is hard as hell to come by, not like you can hit the dealer and compare prices. I checked and actually the 2005 for 117k was a salvage title, rebuilt and supercharged. So that one doesn't count, but it did sell. I'm sure they will be worth more cause of rarity and it's collectible. But oh well, I still will watch these.

Last edited by Finite1; 11-08-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did the next best thing and checked cars.com and theres only 3 true Ford GT's for sale within 500 miles of my zip code. 1 is a 06' 100mi. for 215k, 1 is 06' 780mi. for 179k, and 1 is an 05' 2.5k mi. for 179k. Who knows if someone did/will buy these, seems like massive dealer markup to me. Book value seems like the most logical way to get an idea of what you should be paying, if people pay over book then that determines that cars value but not the value of the make/model itself. Thats my take anyways. This is pretty interesting though.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Typical......bringing ONE track instance as the end all of a discussion....Sorry, I look at it in generals, not just 'best times'. You can cound twice as many C6Z's that have run low 11s, than you can FGTs. My response that started this was to tell KbrKla that the FGT is NOT in fact faster than a C6Z. Again, your ONE example is not the end all.
I never said the GT is quicker, but I think it is faster. I used 1 example of the GT because I've only seen 1 at the track. Of course we could count twice as many ZO6's running well... There are several times more of them!

As for me being arrogant.
I stand by my comment. You won't be taken seriously by most while you act like you are the one with the most correct information. I ain't mad about it, but you should consider the situation and keep in mind, I'm not alone in that sentiment. I'm not the highly loved member of the site, but I don't see a need to respond as you had been in this thread.

Fact is, I know mustangs. Ask me about first generations...and SN95s, and I can help. Can I tell you about 73-93, NOPE...and I have never claimed to.
What? You JUST DID! By the way... There are at least 6 generations of Mustangs... You know 2 of them, eh? Just pushin' buttons...
There is ALOT of ignorance about mustangs on this board. The ONLY time I have had a problem on this board, is when an ignorant member chooses to be a 'know it all' on a subject that they don't know that much about...
Welcome to the internet! There's alot of ignorance about Mustangs even on Mustang dedicated websites. No doubt there's plenty here. Point is, spending your time trying to belittle those you believe ignorant will get you nowhere fast.

His post has everything to do with an FGT as related to what is being said. Maybe you aren't reading all the words posted (skimming through) or not getting some points being made.
I was addressing a specific portion because he had done that very thing to my post, which was not about the ZO6 as he thought it was.
A member tried to say that teh FGT is faster than a C6Z in drag racing...I said no way. You came in posting that an FGT has run an 11.3.....Ranger ran an 11.1. Call me crazy, btu that is a 'best v. vest' scenario, and the FGT STILL LOST!.
I didn't see, nor argue the point. Mine was very different infact. I mentioned to you that I saw what I saw. The MIR pass was done in far better conditions, as there is no time that it gets to the conditions of Gainesville in July. It wasn't about what lost though, it was about you not being aware that GT's could run low 11's. They can and have. I've seen it myself. No website article was involved and I don't even know the guy who drove the thing. And it was 11.27 vs 11.17, not 11.3 vs 11.1.

It doesn't actually matter, but I'd really like to see a stock ZO6 run 11.1's in G-ville in July. I'd very much like that, as a matter of fact.

Ironic...........comes to mind. A stang guy coming in stating the C6Z being faster than Fords Super car that cost 2-3 times as much.....and he is getting bashed for it.
Like I said, your attitude makes all the difference sometimes. That aside, we can exclude the cost comparison among other things. The two cars are similar, yet very different. The GT will handily exceed 200mph(and it's promised in writing by Ford, I understand). The GT is noted as better on various tracks(though I think that's driver as much as anything). The GT is holding value far better, as expected, than the ZO6. Personally, I would choose the ZO6 if looking for a really great driver. If, however, I wanted a car to keep for years to come, driving now and again, it would be the GT.

Let's get back to the laughter already!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is interesting and all but the Ford GT has 2 years of production, costs twice as much and they produced half as many. If they didn't build a corvette for 40 years, built the 06' z06, built 2000 of them the same argument would exist. The car is simply hard to find and rare now that they stopped production it's even harder to find. If they made double the production and continued into the coming years that car wouldn't hold it's value any better. It's a very collectable car. Bottom line. It's not like the Ford GT is such a better performing car.. It's just very engineered, more detailed and really rare. When other manufacturers make limited production super cars the same thing happens. It's real hard to compare the Z06 to Ford GT outside of performance, I understand that now. I'm just gonna be happy that U.S. domestics are doing somthing special.

Last edited by Finite1; 11-08-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:37 PM
12 Second Club

who cares what other people say we know our cars are badass.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kbraklr
well i still think that ponygt65 is a big poopoo head!! by the way, i am 51 years old, and my son drives a 2006 Ford mustang GT!
Your joking right?

After reading all YOUR posts you seem like a young punk *** 12yr old douche bag using mommies computer,to flex his e-****....

Were you born stupid? Or did you take stupid classes? For 51yrs old (God help us if you are) you type in the manner of a 12-15yr old.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bricez28
keep in mind...the mustnag is like ford high end sports car, besides a gt40 or whatever... but chevys in not the camaro its the corvette. so basically chevys top end car beats a mustnag, and a mid range car too. haha. losers!

Huh? If you are a day over 16 that would amaze me. Your statement is pretty much nonsense. Learn how to actually phrase a sentance then come back please,and once you get that down pat, please don't sound so retarded.

BTW,if you are over 16yrs old, please slap your mother for smoking crack during your pregnancy.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why is this thread still going?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow I never thought I was gonna use this one....

Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This thread should be locked. It seriously has hit a low.

The problem is there are too many butt hurt "kids" on here. I though when you turn 18+ yrs old you don't let so much bother you. You just keep your mouth shut and nod your head.

LS1tech is a great site w/ ALOT of information,but the "kids" ruin it. I guess we'll always have "kids" due to the type of car it is and so on,plus rich parents and reasonable prices don't help. On other forums such as Turbodieselregister,DieselPlace,FuelSlut,etc we don't have SO MANY nonsense posts and people arguing over the stupidest shyt in the world.

W/ over 1000 posts about what air freshener to buy,or what color lug nuts should you choose, it gets old. It is like no one hasd a mind of there own and needs others to make there decisions for them.

thread\
Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FiredUpZ28
Wow I never thought I was gonna use this one....

LOL...I just wanted to get a words in before the lock
Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

pound for pound the ls1 is the better value

Quick Reply: An insult to ls1's! Wikipedia being biased!