General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

An insult to ls1's! Wikipedia being biased!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow....i can't believe i actually spent the past 2 hours reading this thread....my IQ probably dropped by 30 points or so....hopefully it's not permanent....
Old 11-08-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa mustang blaa blaa blaa blaa camaro blaa blaa blaa blaa small *****

My Kong Fu is better than your's.

My milk shake is better than your's

Please

Is thirteen pages of this enough?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Both of your posts seemed to imply that the Z06 couldnt compete.
You really should pay more attention. The only thing I recall implying didn't really compete was the rest of the pony cars vs the 2003/4 Cobra AKA "Terminator" and then, that against the ZO6.

Really, then why are you on a LS1 technical site talking about Mustangs being "superior" and trying to argue for hp/l?
You won't find that to be true if you do as I said above. I never argued hp/l even once, though your mind has you believing I did. My point was clear early on. The 5.4L EASILY competes with larger displacement engines without being made larger still. If you can find a moment where I said Mustangs are superior here, you'll have made it up. That's because I didn't say it and I wasn't arguing that point at all. DAMN~ITMAN!!! PAY ATTENTION BEFORE SPOUTING AND STOP MAKING THINGS UP!!!!
I only joined this discussion to clear up the very misinformed fanboys.
It might help if you knew more and researched less!
Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 67maro
Faster is faster.

Your comparing a 4 seat muscle car 3650lb muscle car to a 2 seat Vette driven commonly by old people. Dont get me wrong but this is apples to oranges. A real track is defined by your and only your meaning, get real and grow up.

This thread is entertaining btw.
As comparing the FGT to the Z06. Lets take a gander at what car is going up in value and will continue to go up in value. Furthermore the FGT is an instant classic but the FGT will be a legend for many years to come.[/QUOTE]

I know this doesn't go against what your saying, but 21 here driving a 00' Vert.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
what i meant is theyre not intended for the same buyers. c6z is the best bang for the buck choice of all "supercars," hands down. its kinda like a tbss is faster than a camry, but theyre not intended to "compete"
I get your meaning, I meant in performance aspects they compete. Not in sales or as direct market competition.

Faster is faster.
.9 seconds IS quite an accomplishment for a supercar that costs what? 50-80,000 more? You're right, we shouldn't even look at those numbers.

As comparing the FGT to the Z06. Lets take a gander at what car is going up in value and will continue to go up in value. Furthermore the FGT is an instant classic but the FGT will be a legend for many years to come.

Ford GT's haven't appreciated, sorry to tell you. MAYBE in years ahead, but it's too early to predict. Unless you somehow can prove me otherwise, I go with what the automotive sites value these cars at and what traded/used values are at RIGHT NOW. You must mean a new never driven collector's car? I'm sure a limied production Honda Civic will hold it's value if you never drive it. It's a FORD.

Anyway this is mostly off-topic. So perhaps we should stop.

Last edited by Finite1; 11-08-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finite1

.9 seconds IS quite an accomplishment for a supercar that costs what? 50-80,000 more? You're right, we shouldn't even look at those numbers.

Ford GT's haven't appreciated, sorry to tell you. MAYBE in years ahead, but it's too early to predict. Unless you somehow can prove me otherwise, I go with what the automotive sites value these cars at and what traded/used values are at RIGHT NOW. You must mean a new never driven collector's car? I'm sure a limied production Honda Civic will hold it's value if you never drive it. It's a FORD.

Anyway this is mostly off-topic. So perhaps we should stop.

How cant you say FGT prices are going up. They dropped off for a while in 2006 and many were selling for MSRP but since then many have sold for more. These cars continue to trade hands for more and more money every day. Money paid for a car is a ricer argument at best.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How cant you say FGT prices are going up. They dropped off for a while in 2006 and many were selling for MSRP but since then many have sold for more. These cars continue to trade hands for more and more money every day. Money paid for a car is a ricer argument at best.
You're the one who brought it up douche. I was justifying my argument. The prices for used Ford GT's isn't going UP, if they were I'd agree with you. I'm using general car website's and price lists to determine my argument. Do you own a Ford GT? You didn't provide me any evidence, when I'm seeing Ford GT's selling for under MSRP/invoice when they are used. Take a new Z06, never drive it for years and I bet it hold's its value or maybe goes up, thats your same argument.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:08 AM

Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finite1
You're the one who brought it up douche. I was justifying my argument. The prices for used Ford GT's isn't going UP, if they were I'd agree with you. I'm using general car website's and price lists to determine my argument. Do you own a Ford GT? You didn't provide me any evidence, when I'm seeing Ford GT's selling for under MSRP/invoice when they are used. Take a new Z06, never drive it for years and I bet it hold's its value or maybe goes up, thats your same argument.
Theres some Z06's sitting on dealers lots so they are actually selling for under MSRP since dealers want to them off their lots. Were seeing slightly used FGT's selling what a new car was going for a couple years go. Face it the Z06 is another massed produced car while the GT is a true limitied production car. They made IIRC under 5k FGT's, how many Z06's did they make? I dont own a Ford GT but I know a couple people who own them though. I started a thread on FGT forums and asked the simple question if the prices are going up, 3 responses so far, all yes. Who know the market of a car better then the owner?

Last edited by 67maro; 11-08-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 AM

Well put!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99SVT
Well put!
all your post are 3 words or less and in this thread, aren't they? lol

i didn't bother readin the last 7 pages. but i did notice they locked the link on the first page. i also got a message on wikipedia that my edits are vandalism, LOL.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey look Wikipedia locked it and restored a proper version.

No mention of the LS1 there in it's current form. There's no reason the LS1 should even be mentioned in that entry.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow this **** is soo funny!!hehehe. First off, yes the ls1 is superior to most mustang/cobra motors, with the exception of the 03-04 cobras. Some people on this site fail to realize that doing cam and head swaps aren't neccesary with this car. The cobras are really underated as are the ls1's but termi's are putting about 380-390 rwhp down. where the ls1's are putting about 325 down, i believe. Yes a cam and head swap will make a ls1 pretty fast and beable to beat a stock termi but all the termi has to do is a simple pully swap intake and exhaust and they are well in the high 400's easily. When people say that ford has to use a poweradder to match or pass the ls1's all motor power levels, keep in mind the size of them. They were put on also as a cheap way of modifying them, because we all know most aren't stock. That being said the ls1 motors are infact a great motor but do have some flaws as does any other motor. Alot of people on this site are really biased towards there own cars. This thread needs to end, im getting stupider by the second reading this....is stupider a word, MAN!!! see what i mean! ugh!! lol
Old 11-08-2007, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by night ghost
wow this **** is soo funny!!hehehe. First off, yes the ls1 is superior to most mustang/cobra motors, with the exception of the 03-04 cobras. Some people on this site fail to realize that doing cam and head swaps aren't neccesary with this car. The cobras are really underated as are the ls1's but termi's are putting about 380-390 rwhp down. where the ls1's are putting about 325 down, i believe. Yes a cam and head swap will make a ls1 pretty fast and beable to beat a stock termi but all the termi has to do is a simple pully swap intake and exhaust and they are well in the high 400's easily. When people say that ford has to use a poweradder to match or pass the ls1's all motor power levels, keep in mind the size of them. They were put on also as a cheap way of modifying them, because we all know most aren't stock. That being said the ls1 motors are infact a great motor but do have some flaws as does any other motor. Alot of people on this site are really biased towards there own cars. This thread needs to end, im getting stupider by the second reading this....is stupider a word, MAN!!! see what i mean! ugh!! lol
Excellent post man. All motors have their pros and cons.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
You won't find that to be true if you do as I said above. I never argued hp/l even once, though your mind has you believing I did. My point was clear early on. The 5.4L EASILY competes with larger displacement engines without being made larger still.
THAT right there is hp/l.
Saying that an engine can make the same peak hp as an engine of larger displacement. While the whole time I was saying the displacement is irrelevant, because weight and size are what matters. This is the real world, not a racing series where displacement is limited.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Your comparing a 4 seat muscle car 3650lb muscle car to a 2 seat Vette driven commonly by old people.
Yeah, its a bad comparison, but they are the ones who made it.
Dont get me wrong but this is apples to oranges. A real track is defined by your and only your meaning, get real and grow up.
Why would'nt you want to compare them at a track? Both cars were engineered for the track, the Cobra certainly didnt switch to IRS for drag racing... Who cares which is faster in a strait line, I want to know what they are capable of doing what they were built for.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

1) Wiki doesn't keep your edits unless you have legit sources and it doesn't get reviewed until later on (as far as I know).
2) Guys relax, there has always been a war between these cars, without it GM would have no reason to improve our cars.
3) Remeber that we are talking about the wiki article not whats better ford or gm.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

THAT right there is hp/l.
Saying that an engine can make the same peak hp as an engine of larger displacement. While the whole time I was saying the displacement is irrelevant, because weight and size are what matters. This is the real world, not a racing series where displacement is limited.
And I was saying displacement is irrelevent too. The 5.4L can make the power of a 7.0L LS series engine, REGARDLESS of being smaller. It's not hp/l at all. It's OVERALL POWER! So far, the 5.4L has breached 2,000hp. That means it's capable. It doesn't matter that its displacement is small.

Hp/l would mean I am saying it makes the same or more hp per litre. I'm not saying that. It makes the same or more overall power. It happens to be smaller. I suppose that does mean it makes more power per litre, but so what? It makes enough to be on the very same playing field.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Apparently you don't. The GT is not easy to drive well. That said, I've seen one run 11.27@ over 130mph on track at Gainesville in July. It was the talk of the afternoon, judging by the announcer, who kept "reminding" everyone that the car was verified as totally stock as a dealer brought it for testing against stock Porsche 911's. Incidentally, it kicked their asses. I looked it over and it looked completely stock, including the window sticker sitting in the seat.

I've seen all the info I need to take note of one ZO6 which ran 11.17 all stock, so it is honestly formidable against anything stock. While I think the ZO6 is better bang for the buck than most true performance cars, I'd rather own a GT because you won't see one everyday. And it will run over 200mph.

This whole thread has made me laugh plenty, but there are some people who can't be reached.

On a side note: You, ponygt65, come off as very arrogant, particularly for evidently, a newbie. I ain't sayin' you're just wrong, but at least take a moment to realize you're hardly perfect, even about Fords. Others may seem ignorant, but at least we may get them clued in at some point. It won't be easy if you act like a jerk at every turn.
Typical......bringing ONE track instance as the end all of a discussion....Sorry, I look at it in generals, not just 'best times'. If that is the case, then fbods and machs are both high 12 cars.......which they aren't. high 12 runs can be counted on one hand. You can cound twice as many C6Z's that have run low 11s, than you can FGTs. My response that started this was to tell KbrKla that the FGT is NOT in fact faster than a C6Z. Again, your ONE example is not the end all.

As for me being arrogant. I expect no less than some of the members on here. Fact is, I know mustangs. Ask me about first generations...and SN95s, and I can help. Can I tell you about 73-93, NOPE...and I have never claimed to. There is ALOT of ignorance about mustangs on this board. The ONLY time I have had a problem on this board, is when an ignorant member chooses to be a 'know it all' on a subject that they don't know that much about...and is clearly proven by what is said. If you do a search on my posts, you would know that....instead of commenting on my posts in one thread. Furthermore, y ou have no idea how many PMs I get helping members out regarding mustangs.
From your wiki article:
"While in production, SVT had codenamed this model the "Terminator", since it was supposed to finally put an end to any competition between the Cobra and the Trans Am / Camaro."
Funny I dont see anything about a Corvette, none the less a Z06...
When it comes to the vette, the only thing the Cobra would "terminate" is their own owners pride when barley being able to see the rear end of a base model C5 on a track (a real track, one with turns).
I have NO IDEA where/how you can say "YOUR WKI ARTICLE" I never said anything about wikipedia. Now, If you are going to hold true that quote you just stated in Wiki - then I guess we can hold true the article that started this entire thread.....personally....I think Wiki is full of crap on both aspects. As for 'real track'.....a drag track is a real track..just a different kind of racing. And I don't think teh cobra's .94G rating is all that bad given the chasis it was built on.

Looks like you need to do some research yourself...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...65&forum_id=49
Ranger, the same guy who ran high 11s in a bone stock C5 Z06, ran low 11s in a bone stock C6 Z06, and high 10s with just drag radials...

Again, research, a stock C6 Z06 has broken 200mph on GPS.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80507
What has this got to do with a GT? NOTHING, of course! I already knew about "Ranger" and his 11.1, which is what I was referencing in my post, hence: 11.17 in the 1st place. Obviously I did my research, albeit, not today.

I never said the ZO6 wouldn't run 200 or more mph. I never even hinted that. I simply listed a reason I like the GT. It had NOTHING ON EARTH to do with the ZO6. Unlike you, I'm not here to have a pissing contest. Sheesh, get a life, or at least a job requiring use of time for something other than trying to fight on the internet.

Maybe you can feel better if I also say the "Terminator" name didn't have a thing to do with the Cobra competing with the ZO6??? The Cobra is a "pony" car and the Corvette has always been a true sports car. They are in a totally different area where competition is concerned. That help???
His post has everything to do with an FGT as related to what is being said. Maybe you aren't reading all the words posted (skimming through) or not getting some points being made. A member tried to say that teh FGT is faster than a C6Z in drag racing...I said no way. You came in posting that an FGT has run an 11.3.....Ranger ran an 11.1. Call me crazy, btu that is a 'best v. vest' scenario, and the FGT STILL LOST!.

Ironic...........comes to mind. A stang guy coming in stating the C6Z being faster than Fords Super car that cost 2-3 times as much.....and he is getting bashed for it.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

WOW I read the first few posts and skipped the rest. Some of you guys are acting like your 5 and crying when someone calls you a name. The important thing to remember is THIS IS THE INTERNET which is made up of probally around 90% bull s*** and 10% creditable material. Smart people can tell the difference and ignore the BS. Wikipedia is part of that 90% BS considering that ANYONE can write on it and edit/add information. NON of VERY little of it is creditable material that is from a creditable author. Just b/c the ford guys are being retarded and adding dumb S*** in there lets not stoop down to there level. If anyone reads that and actually believes it Im glad they dont have a LS1 b/c they would give us a bad reputation.

Quick Reply: An insult to ls1's! Wikipedia being biased!