General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

An insult to ls1's! Wikipedia being biased!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ModularMax
and yes it dose work, i would never own another mustang other then a termy, (Again) long story short had a 07 GT(Auto) ran a 13.7 stock it wasnt fast enuf and it was way too much to get them in the 11s wasnt gonna spend that kind of money im still in college and working hard too make ends meet ith my exspensive hobby, anyway sold the GT thought hard about what car too get next and what would be cheaper to hit 10s
i really wanted a c5 z06 but i posted here under adiffrent name a year ago asking what it would take and can price + mods came close to 30,000$

I bought my termy for 20,000$ after looking for 4 months, i have around abnother 1,000$ into including my Borla cat-back whitch adds nothing for power, CAI, & Pulley, and ive hit a 12.4 on 8in wide walmart tires cause the guy i bought the car from thought cool rims were more important then traction, better tires i will defently shave alot more off my time hopefully high 11s if anyone lives in the NJ area ill gladly show you my shitty tires and time slip, and as for why i didnt buy a f-body for 11,000$ my buddy has a 02' TA its a cool car but dont like the extended windshield makes me think of a celica, like the mustang look much more, i really did not feel safe in the car, shakes horridly at 130+mph

Basicly i wanted to go fast for cheap, the cobra won.

besides chevy had success with the DOHC already, the 1990 ZR-1 it was just too exspensive for chevy to produce
you wanted to go fast for cheap and you chose a $20,000 mustang over an $11,000 f-body? wtf
Old 11-12-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ModularMax: How bout we compare them in there highest factory variants. A cammed Z06 with full exhaust, v. a Kenne Bell stg. 3 GT 500 and all supporting mods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX1HHzSNvlA

I'm not really sure what happened with all that new technology, maybe its just to complex to keep up with the pushrod’s simplicity? Oh and what about the gas mileage? What do you get in your termy?

Last edited by BaddillaK; 11-12-2007 at 10:38 AM. Reason: more info
Old 11-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GMmexican
you wanted to go fast for cheap and you chose a $20,000 mustang over an $11,000 f-body? wtf

x2, you just defeated your own logic, lol

btw, its not a '90 ZR1, the right answer is in this thread a couple times.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:26 PM

Not just fast, iwanted to run 10s cheap as possible and hopefully improve to 9s

and the f-bodys i drove in like i said were very poor handleing i like the irs and hope to improve it more for autocross as going fast in a line is only fun for so long. i absolutly hate the design i wonder how the corvette came out looking so good and the fbodys came out looking like a kid staring at a fish tank designed them, not to mention the rear in the f-body is incredably weak, they snap even stock, seen it first hand so don deny it.

you guys are really defensive the ONLY thing good about the f-body is the engine, trust me if the f body was the best bag for the buck i would have bought it, but its not, not even close

and heads/cam in a ls1, there goes bragging about gas milage, if gas mileage improves with heads/cam ill be stunned, again i didnt buy a v8 for a econamy car, its my joy car, i have a Audi A4 Quatro as my "practicle econamy car"

Bottom line the only LSx i would own would be a vette, and hopefully one day ill have the income to not give a **** about money and get a new z06

the 03 cobra is far better then the f-bodys, in alot of ways, it was being compaired to the corvette at the time a car out of its price range that it wasnt even trying to compete with, thats amazing, much like the new z06 is compaired to exotics, even tho the 500hp ferrari is a 4.2L DOHC v8

Have any of you actualy ever drove a terminator? there really underestimated due to the crap that came before them.

My buddy has a 2000 TA, full bolt-ons, all free mods, LS6 Manifold, headers, 4.10 gears and dno tune he has about 4,000$ into the car, and he constantly has electric problems, i let him drive my car all the time, he has no problem admitting my cars the better car, when all i had was a CAI we raced from a 60mph roll, he put half a car on me with 4,000$ worth of work and drag slicks on the back, i know his gearing was not set-up for roll races but i can run a fast 1/4 and still have a high top end, we would shut down at 130 when his car would start to rattle violently, if it had gone to 140 or more i easly would have caught and walked him with just a cai, and dont even get me started on how bad i walked my buddys bolt on LS2 GTO, good cars but bang for buck, cobra wins
Old 11-12-2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by BaddillaK
ModularMax: How bout we compare them in there highest factory variants. A cammed Z06 with full exhaust, v. a Kenne Bell stg. 3 GT 500 and all supporting mods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX1HHzSNvlA

I'm not really sure what happened with all that new technology, maybe its just to complex to keep up with the pushrod’s simplicity? Oh and what about the gas mileage? What do you get in your termy?
i love compairing apples to fence post too

z06 is a better car at 70,000$msrp
GT500 MSRP = 40,000$ (base moddle vette)

and i wanna see that race froma dig cause that gt500 is a 10second car, its on youtube. im shure the z06 is as well, not to mention the z06 handles 4,000x better

too bad were talking about terminator vs f-body

Edit: heres the video you forgot to show THE ONE WHERE THE Z06 DIDNT JUMP THE START LIKE A TOOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPR-JXUQUQk

Edit #2: the other video you just so forgot to show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCUVSFRolLM

Last edited by ModularMax; 11-12-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cobra interior doesn't look much better than the F-body actually. I wouldn't be surprised if it handled better, but it's still not ranked world-class wise. The 01 Cobra put down a .85 on the skidpad, and the 98-02' ls1 f-body did a .86. The 2003 Cobra MSRP was 37k and more with options. So there's 5 g's right there brand new. Also, my car doesn't rattle at 150+. I wouldn't think twice to do 135 its fine to me. I'm not gonna say it's SAFE by any means to do 150+ ever, but it's not "violent rattling", I didn't fear for my life over 150 twice. Guy said he went over 170 cam-only and lots have gone in the 130-150 range without trouble. with a full suspension and the right mods, you already know the f-body can do 170-190 maybe more?. Ask the built turbo f-body guys and check videos.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Launching!

ut oh, looks like someone else has gotten butt hurt

max is cracking me up, he keeps tripping over everything he says lol
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Not just fast, iwanted to run 10s cheap as possible and hopefully improve to 9s

and the f-bodys i drove in like i said were very poor handleing i like the irs and hope to improve it more for autocross as going fast in a line is only fun for so long. i absolutly hate the design i wonder how the corvette came out looking so good and the fbodys came out looking like a kid staring at a fish tank designed them, not to mention the rear in the f-body is incredably weak, they snap even stock, seen it first hand so don deny it.
Im sorry to break this to you kiddo, but a 10 or 9 second car is not going to be all that great at auto-x.
And a bone stock 1LE fbody would walk away from the 3800lbs tank Cobra around turns, IRS or not.
[quote]
the 03 cobra is far better then the f-bodys, in alot of ways,
*far more expencive.

it was being compaired to the corvette at the time a car out of its price range that it wasnt even trying to compete with, thats amazing,
Actually, its $35,000 base price is pretty close to the $42,000 Corvette base price.
And there is really nothing amazing about it, seeing the Corvette would always lay waste to the Cobra in everything.
much like the new z06 is compaired to exotics, even tho the 500hp ferrari is a 4.2L DOHC v8
Wow, another moronic hp/l arguement?
Tell me, how much can I get one of those 4.2L V8s for? And how many months(or maybe weeks) will it last?
BTW, the "big, low tech" LS7 is smaller, and within a few pounds of that "high tech" engine. Honestly for a fraction of the buying, and running cost, thats pretty sad on Ferrari's part.

Have any of you actualy ever drove a terminator? there really underestimated due to the crap that came before them.

My buddy has a 2000 TA, full bolt-ons, all free mods, LS6 Manifold, headers, 4.10 gears and dno tune he has about 4,000$ into the car, and he constantly has electric problems, i let him drive my car all the time, he has no problem admitting my cars the better car, when all i had was a CAI we raced from a 60mph roll, he put half a car on me with 4,000$ worth of work and drag slicks on the back, i know his gearing was not set-up for roll races but i can run a fast 1/4 and still have a high top end, we would shut down at 130 when his car would start to rattle violently, if it had gone to 140 or more i easly would have caught and walked him with just a cai, and dont even get me started on how bad i walked my buddys bolt on LS2 GTO, good cars but bang for buck, cobra wins
Your buddy has something wrong with his car, these don't shake at any speed.
Oh yeah and: $10,000 fbody + $4000 in mods = $14,000 < $20,000... What was that about bang for buck?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

^

max has got some weak arguments...sounds like he desparetely wants to believe his car is totally awesome, yet he knows its not. If he honestly believed it he would be content just owning the car.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Finite1
Cobra interior doesn't look much better than the F-body actually. I wouldn't be surprised if it handled better, but it's still not ranked world-class wise. The 01 Cobra put down a .85 on the skidpad, and the 98-02' ls1 f-body did a .86. The 2003 Cobra MSRP was 37k and more with options. So there's 5 g's right there brand new. Also, my car doesn't rattle at 150+. I wouldn't think twice to do 135 its fine to me. I'm not gonna say it's SAFE by any means to do 150+ ever, but it's not "violent rattling", I didn't fear for my life over 150 twice. Guy said he went over 170 cam-only and lots have gone in the 130-150 range without trouble. with a full suspension and the right mods, you already know the f-body can do 170-190 maybe more?. Ask the built turbo f-body guys and check videos.
again 03/04 cobras, not 01 and i didnt trip over anything....

i would never do 150 in a fbody, and if you think the fbody interior is nice as a terminators your really do have a biased, my *** rides on sued wrapped in leather with full lumbar support and side bolsters, the 03 cobra pulled a .9 on the skidpad and 37k? your kidding right... the converatable was 34k, coupe was 32k....

only thing im tripping over is your 'facts' now i know why so many corvette owners hang out on svtperformance..... unbiased veiws

its simple f-bodys > all mustangs before the 2003 cobra
C6 z06 > Any mustang
Old 11-12-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I found convertable MSRP at 37k. Base MSRP $37,545 US for convertable. It varies but I've found multiple places saying over 37k for the convertable. Also can you link me to the .9 skidpad?

Motortrend ranked the 03' Cobra 200-ft skidpad, lateral 0.85g?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by its turbo time
^

max has got some weak arguments...sounds like he desparetely wants to believe his car is totally awesome, yet he knows its not. If he honestly believed it he would be content just owning the car.
lol oh i do, i wouldnt trade it for anything other then a new z06, and as far as yeh he spend 14,000$ and only put half a car on me wwhen i had a CAI, i now have pulley but he snapped his rear
Old 11-12-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Finite1
I found convertable MSRP at 37k. Base MSRP $37,545 US for convertable. It varies but I've found multiple places saying over 37k for the convertable. Also can you link me to the .9 skidpad?

Motortrend ranked the 03' Cobra 200-ft skidpad, lateral 0.85g?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

aparently car & driver has better drivers...

and you gotta be ******* retarted and moronicly so stuffed of **** if you the a fbody will take a 03/04 on the track.....

WOW why are you fbody guys so defensive over your cars lmao, your just as bad as the honda guys why think honda owns any domestic car

the terminator IS better then the f-bodys, its not even opinion, its fact.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good thing we have those Corvettes in the GM camp.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

i love how he doesn't even address the arguments that jd amg posted. he talks about his blue suede shoes and about how simple it is to see that cobras dominate f-body's. If its so simple why has it been debated to death? And honestly why do you care? your car is your car, deal with it no one else cares how inadequate it makes you feel to drive a mustang.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and you gotta be ******* retarted and moronicly so stuffed of **** if you the a fbody will take a 03/04 on the track.....

WOW why are you fbody guys so defensive over your cars lmao, your just as bad as the honda guys why think honda owns any domestic car

You drive a ******* Ford. It's better than the production stopped 02' ls1 f-body IN YOUR OPINION and I'm simply making conversation. I didn't say f-body is better than anything. You gotta drive to insults already *******? You come on here spewing loads of **** and what you think an ls1 site will just sit quiet and listing to your stupid *** rambling? Interesting. You're just a troll son.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

better at what? being more expensive? if we sound defensive its because your gay and full of ****. and thats not even opinion, its fact.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

i think its time...

Old 11-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Launching!

sup pot

you still say better bang for the buck, but yet post numbers that support otherwise. not to mention skip over numberous points that have been made.

i rather like the 03/04's, but you are a tool at best
Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazerINtheWork
you still say better bang for the buck, but yet post numbers that support otherwise. not to mention skip over numberous points that have been made.

i rather like the 03/04's, but you are a tool at best
I agree.

And on that final note, this one is done!

Quick Reply: An insult to ls1's! Wikipedia being biased!