General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

WRECKED CAMARO!!! Step into my life!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of women are dangerous drivers but I've never heard of one being a dangerous passenger.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NDFORSPD
why do i get the feeling NO lessons will be learned from this?, either YOU were driving a LOT worse than your letting on, or your GF is one f'ed up bitch....... plain and simple(who doesnt know what happens when you pull the e-brake at speed?), she would definately owe me AT LEAST half the repair if it was my car
He's just 20. That explains alot.
TECH Regular

Sorry bro, nobody needs to watch their mouths when A. You took your car out without insurance, and B. Your gf pulled the e-brake at speed. Neither of which are sensible decisions in any respect.
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Next time don't drive without insurance, that was mistake #1. Think of what could have happened had you hit somebody.

That being said, I think that she should at least help you with the repair bill since she caused you to crash in the first place.

Then from here on out put her in a straightjacket when she rides with you
Old 12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Make her pay, mushroom stamp her sister, then peace.

Seriously, tell her to foot part of the bill based on her actions, if she refuses, well then decide if you really want to be with someone who won't take responsibility for their actions. Then thank god it wasn't worse. Then consider parting it out on here, I'm sure you could reco-op your losses at least in part that way.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first get her to pay for at least half if not all of it, that's a pretty dumb move on her part.

Second, you're an idiot for driving without insurance.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Laffs

Seriously, tell her to foot part of the bill based on her actions, if she refuses, well then decide if you really want to be with someone who won't take responsibility for their actions. Then thank god it wasn't worse. Then consider parting it out on here, I'm sure you could reco-op your losses at least in part that way.

+1 ....it was her fault the accident occurred. she should pay (if not HELP you pay) for the damages..

also, some insurance companies have a system where if you insurance lapses, (for reasons like accidental missed payments, etc..) they you might have a month coverage just in case of situations like this. check with your insurance company
Old 12-02-2007, 09:33 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RedLS
I think some of you need to learn to watch ur mouths, I am still with the girl and i plan to be for a little longer! Remember your talkin to a real live person, not just a screen name, show a little Respect! Anyways if I sell it to the body shop im gonna be at a considerable loss with nothing to show for it! I think i just gonna dish out the cash, fix it and break even!
What did you expect? You posted about a major screw-up on your part by driving the car without insurance, and a very dangerous move made by your girlfriend. Were we all supposed to tell you it was ok, and ask you if you needed a hug?

Make it very clear to your gf that she is not allowed to touch anything in the car except the front passenger seatbelt, front passenger seat. And if she can't manage to follow those rules, allow her to touch the door handle so that she can get the hell out of your car.

Originally Posted by 01pewterbird
Sorry bro, nobody needs to watch their mouths when A. You took your car out without insurance, and B. Your gf pulled the e-brake at speed. Neither of which are sensible decisions in any respect.
Plus he posted it on the internet.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 12-02-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow....i can't imagine anyone doing something that stupid (the e-brake thing).

all i know is that if you haven't kicked her *** to the curb yet, she'd better not EVER even THINK about denying you a piece of *** again, after this stunt.....

hold that **** over her for the rest of her life....
Old 12-02-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

First of all, no offense bud, but I have done stupid things, but pulling a parking brake on the highway is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard. My 8 year old daughter knows better.

So now back to the problem at hand. Show us pics. Is there any of the damage you can fix yourself. Maybe get some local club people to help out? Maybe get another opinion on the damage.

How is your credit? If its questionable, just let the damn thing go back to the bank and buy another one. For $4500 you might be able to get another car without payments. And remember, if you fix it, it will always have been wrecked. Never the same again.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Wow shes a retard. Make her pay for every penny... is this girls IQ a solid 19? Who pulls the ebrake on the damn highway?!?!

The lesson here, don't take your car out anywhere uninsured. 25% your fault, 155,000% hers for being a moron and wrecking your ride.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

there is a fault on your part. im gonna be blunt. she sounds dumb. u have to train the dumb ones.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would sell it to the body shop for 4500, the gf can pay you the rest you owe on the car, and then your NEW gf can help you pick out a new car!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't even believe what I am reading! She yanked the parking brake while you were driving?! That is just stupid. Sorry to say it man, but I would dump the girl...shes the reason all this happened.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

ok let me get this straight u owe 7600 on the car right? i thought when u have a car financed u are required to have full coverage. correct me if im wrong. maybe i dont know what im talking about..
Old 12-02-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
And remember, if you fix it, it will always have been wrecked. Never the same again.
Beg to differ. Depending on what is damaged you can fix is as good as new and no one could tell the difference (aside from you knowing it happened). Of course if he bent the frame up and needs it pulled then yeah it won't ever be quite the same.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:27 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002t/a06
ok let me get this straight u owe 7600 on the car right? i thought when u have a car financed u are required to have full coverage. correct me if im wrong. maybe i dont know what im talking about..
Yes, that is correct. Most insurance companies will automatically contact the lien holder when the insurance is dropped, and then your bank will contact you asking for the new insurance information (since you don't have coverage). Restart your insurance now so they'll let the bank know you're covered.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry about the misfortune, but it could have been a whole lot worse than what did happened. I would just consider it a lucky day. Just imagine if some1 got hurt or died. From now on, keep your insurance on your car and tie your GF up and throw her in the back seat whenever going somewhere. I'm still wondering, about the E-brake thing. Were you driving that crazy for her to pull the E-brake? No matter what, she's partly at fault. I say she should pay half the damages.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Beg to differ. Depending on what is damaged you can fix is as good as new and no one could tell the difference (aside from you knowing it happened). Of course if he bent the frame up and needs it pulled then yeah it won't ever be quite the same.
And again I ask, how bad is it really. If it can be fixed without being able to tell, then he can probably do most of the work himself. $4500 sounds like more though.