General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

WRECKED CAMARO!!! Step into my life!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IZRED
Sorry about the misfortune, but it could have been a whole lot worse than what did happened. I would just consider it a lucky day. Just imagine if some1 got hurt or died. From now on, keep your insurance on your car and tie your GF up and throw her in the back seat whenever going somewhere. I'm still wondering, about the E-brake thing. Were you driving that crazy for her to pull the E-brake? No matter what, she's partly at fault. I say she should pay half the damages.
partly at fault? sounds to me like she's completely at fault, at least for the accident part. a passenger should NEVER, EVER touch the steering wheel, gas/brake pedals, shifter, or e-brake unless they are asked to, or if the driver loses consciousness or something.....
Old 12-02-2007, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn man that sucks.
i agree with everyone else that it is dumb to drive without insurance and also next time put your gf in the backseat with a helmet jus playin man

but good luck with getting your car fixed and i suggest you keep it for now.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Veteran

+1 for mushroom stamping!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
And again I ask, how bad is it really. If it can be fixed without being able to tell, then he can probably do most of the work himself. $4500 sounds like more though.
Agree with you there, though who knows, some shops charge a lot for the work being done. So, without any further ado...
Old 12-02-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RedLS
Ok, heres the deal i took insurance off my car when i burned the stock clutch, because i found a better rate some where else! So i thought ide be smart and take it off for a month and save some money while it was down! Anyways after it got back togther, i was on a couple of shake down runs, and i got on it hard on the interstate passed a few cars then started to slow up on the cars in front of me, my girlfreind got scared and pulled the e-brake, which is convently on the passenger side! Long story short, i wrecked, nobody hurt but the Z! $4500, is what i was quoted at the body shop, no insurance, so its gonna have to come out of my pocket! I want ot get rid of it, and i owe $7600 on it, my body shop offered to buy it from me for $4500. My question is should i have it fixed and sell it for no profit, or just sell it to the body shop, and take a loss????? I am open to any ideas anyone has, just wonderinfg what you would do?????
You will have to pay the car loan for the full balance. If they accept installments they will continue to add interest on the balance so if you sell it to a shop for $4500 you owe $3100 plus interest over x months. You can either not tell the bank for as long as possible and keep making the payments or tell them up front, handing over as much cash as possible to keep the balance from going up higher than it initially was.

Yep. One month of not paying insurance and letting your gf grab that e-brake sure saved you a ton of money!

Oh. Don't plan on anyone giving you car insurance for at least three years or get a car loan again unless its co-signed. You wreck a car on a loan without insurance is a screwed position to be in. Somehow I doubt the gf is going to stick around when you can't own or drive a car anymore....
Old 12-02-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Wow What A Dumb Broad Trade Her In First>
Old 12-02-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah got any pics of the gf she better be hot lol
Old 12-02-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GEARHED
You will have to pay the car loan for the full balance. If they accept installments they will continue to add interest on the balance so if you sell it to a shop for $4500 you owe $3100 plus interest over x months. You can either not tell the bank for as long as possible and keep making the payments or tell them up front, handing over as much cash as possible to keep the balance from going up higher than it initially was.

Yep. One month of not paying insurance and letting your gf grab that e-brake sure saved you a ton of money!

Oh. Don't plan on anyone giving you car insurance for at least three years or get a car loan again unless its co-signed. You wreck a car on a loan without insurance is a screwed position to be in. Somehow I doubt the gf is going to stick around when you can't own or drive a car anymore....
Credit and insurance have nothing to do with eachother. I have a former buddy that has wrecked several cars without insurance that had loans on them. For some reason he keeps getting loans and insurance. I am not sure what moron approves that crap, but he never seems to have a problem getting credit to buy something else.

The other thing is that he never mentioned being issued a citation for this, so no cops involved. As long as the credit company doesnt know about the accident he is ok. Still you are right about one thing. The girl will probably be long gone before he gets out of this mess.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by fastSS_LS1
damn man that sucks.
i agree with everyone else that it is dumb to drive without insurance and also next time put your gf in the backseat with a helmet jus playin man
Old 12-02-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

what you need to do is hook up your ebrake to be a passenger seat launch incase she decides to pull a dumb *** again...
Old 12-02-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why do girls have to suck at cars?
Old 12-02-2007, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
Credit and insurance have nothing to do with eachother. I have a former buddy that has wrecked several cars without insurance that had loans on them. For some reason he keeps getting loans and insurance. I am not sure what moron approves that crap, but he never seems to have a problem getting credit to buy something else.

The other thing is that he never mentioned being issued a citation for this, so no cops involved. As long as the credit company doesnt know about the accident he is ok. Still you are right about one thing. The girl will probably be long gone before he gets out of this mess.
A little off subject but credit does affect insurance rates.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EVILWS6
I would get rid of the GF first.
she wrecked your car... she can replace it
Old 12-02-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah,pulling the e-brake probably wasn't the smartest thing for her to do (obviously)... But here is what I think you should do... Delete this thread so you dont have to read any more of this **** all these guys are talkin about your girl.. Yeah she made a mistake but I wouldnt dump my gf for this either.. I love my car but in the end it is just a car.... if you want to fix it, then fix it.. If its not worth the trouble then dont. But if you do decide to fix it, ask for a little help from you know who..
Old 12-02-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 71-Camaro-98
Yeah,pulling the e-brake probably wasn't the smartest thing for her to do (obviously)... But here is what I think you should do... Delete this thread so you dont have to read any more of this **** all these guys are talkin about your girl.. Yeah she made a mistake but I wouldnt dump my gf for this either.. I love my car but in the end it is just a car.... if you want to fix it, then fix it.. If its not worth the trouble then dont. But if you do decide to fix it, ask for a little help from you know who..
the point is more what COULD have happened.... what did happen sucked, but she coud have seriously injured or killed another motorist on the road for... Nothing not saying to drop her completely, but SHE would be driving EVERYWHERE and payin for EVERYTHING for a LONG time. Imagine how much **** YOU would get (Daily) had the shoe been on the other foot?
Old 12-02-2007, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

sorry man
Old 12-03-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think he gave up on us
Old 12-03-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PhantomR/T
the point is more what COULD have happened.... what did happen sucked, but she coud have seriously injured or killed another motorist on the road for... Nothing not saying to drop her completely, but SHE would be driving EVERYWHERE and payin for EVERYTHING for a LONG time. Imagine how much **** YOU would get (Daily) had the shoe been on the other foot?
I know I would get **** left and right just like he is.. But he tried to defend her and nobody gave a **** and just kept talkin smack about her. I am sure that he doesnt want everyone telling him that his girlfriend is a dumbass when she made a mistake... Everyone does dumb things.. and I am not saying that she could not have killed somebody, she very well could have.. I am just saying he doesnt need to be stressin over the car AND ridicule about his girlfriend when he is just askin for some help and advice...
Old 12-03-2007, 07:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Yes, that is correct. Most insurance companies will automatically contact the lien holder when the insurance is dropped, and then your bank will contact you asking for the new insurance information.
Apparently Geico doesn't. Either that or GMAC just doesn't care. I had about six payments left on a 5 year note when I switched insurance companies from Geico to Progressive. At the time my tranny was down and my car was winterized in my garage. By the time it comes out of winter storage I'll own the car (then I can add it to my policy as liability only). I simply never told Progressive I had a 99 Formula to insure. So far no call or letter from GMAC. But with less then 6 months to go maybe they just don't care.

So I can see how dropping the insurance can happen but to even consider driving it before it was back on a policy was not a good idea.

I would bite the bullet and pay for the repairs, learn one hell of a valuble lesson and hold the E-brake thing over my girlfriend for an endless supply of personal favors (if you know what I mean).

Good luck.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Umm, wait until she pays the bill that she owes you, then kick her stupid *** to the curb.