General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How do I go about trading a part for another part staright up. No cash involved. ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do I go about trading a part for another part staright up. No cash involved. ????

How do I go about trading a part for another part staright up. No cash involved. I am trading my TA sideskirts for some differsnt sideskirts. I am trading a guy in texas, im from indiana. I have done purchases from members on here through paypal in the past. How do I go about doing a straight up trade? Can I somehow do this through paypal or is there another way to go about it. Thanks guys, i just don't want to get screwed over.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

if its a person on here i say trust them. most likely you will not get screwed over.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's going to have to be a level of trust involved, with someone on here check out their trader rating. I just traded transmission setups with a guy on here, we each paid to ship stuff to each other and it couldn't have gone smoother. If he hadn't had such a good trader rating here I'd have never done it.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea unless they have ALOT of good trader rating I wont buy from them, I read too much crap and for how big this forum is getting its hard to know who you can and cant trust. Before I even ask about something I have 3 things that have to be met. 1. Been a member for at least 6 months 2. have aleast 100 posts (Active not just using the site to buy sell crap or possibly scam) and 3. have good more then 3 trader rating. I know that may seem a bit high and sure I may loose on some things but I feel safter and I work too hard for my money to allow myself to get scammed
Old 12-17-2007, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

I'd say whoever has the better trader rating should request the other to ship their item first since that person has proven theirself. Then once you recieve the item you can ship yours. But, like they stated already its all based on trust. I've done this a few times before on a diff forum and I've always been lucky. But, it was with bowling ***** so I wasn't out much money had things went sour.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sroach20
if its a person on here i say trust them. most likely you will not get screwed over.
You are a trusting person.

I would make sure you have his contact information first. Name address phone number etc etc. Talk to the guy on the phone. Whatever you do it's just going to have to involve trust. Either that or take a vacation and drive south for the winter.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sroach20
WOW are you serious??? Have you looked in the negitive feedback section lately? You always gotta watch your back and triple check to make sure it sounds legit, I truely believe that everyone who is on this site for the right reasons would not scam someone but due to the sites popularity its easy for scams to make names and scam people.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

ive dealt with allot of people on here and have never had a problem. ive had more transactions than the 15 in my trader rating shows, not one problem. a few rotten apples arent going to deter me, its not as bad as ebay.