General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What to buy with $1000

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is always a good thing to invest your money, but its hard to say no to my fbody
Old 01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have a Auto? If so then stall and suspension. It's no fun to have power and not hook.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
If you must, rims and nitrous.

Otherwise, bank.

I hate answers like this. WTF ?? If you must bank?!?!
Listen Charles Schwabb and the rest of you financial wizards.

The kid doesnt give a **** about the banking 1000 which wont earn him anything for interest and cant buy any type of cd with it. The only thing you could do is stock market and thats a sure loss for someone like you.

In other words 1000 and the bank is ******* stupid and lame as hell. You probably **** in the mssionary postion all the time as well when ever you pay a prostitute for your only chance at sex.

For 1000 I would look to add some power. Nothing worse than a poser car.

You can go with a cam and ls6 intake. Buying used parts will save you tons of money.

You can go Nitrous. I'll give you a great deal on a kit and there are plenty listed as well in ther for sale section. The tune with your mods is a waste. Have your A/F checked if you want but you dont have anythihg to add power so the tune is useless at this point.

Look for used cam and ls6 intake and then get it tuned. I can help you shop if you want.

Save your lame *** bank comments, they're just plain stupid with 1000.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
If you must, rims and nitrous.

Otherwise, bank.

Listen Charles Schwabb, the kid doesnt give a **** about banking 1000 which wont earn him anything for interest an cant buy ant type of cd with it.

In other words 1000 and the bank is ******* stupid and lame as hell. You probably **** in the mssionary postion all the time as well when ever you pay a prostitute for your only chance at sex.

You can go with a cam and ls6 intake. Buying used parts will save you tons of money.

You can go Nitrous. I'll give you a great deal on a kit and there are plenty listed as well in ther for sale section. The tune with your mods is a waste. Have your A/F checked if you want but you dont have anythihg to add power so the tune is useless at this point.

Look for used cam and ls6 intake and then get it tuned. I can help you shop if you want.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

Tsp Ms4
Old 01-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Listen Charles Schwabb, the kid doesnt give a **** about banking 1000 which wont earn him anything for interest an cant buy ant type of cd with it.

Well damn, dont get your panties in a bunch there slick.

Ohh, and at least we **** period
Old 01-30-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

wow
Old 01-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

im sure you can find some used suspension parts for cheap. on this board. Trust me suspension is a must, night and day difference when I got my strano package! But if your budget is tight browse the parts classifieds. I would get a ls6 intake as well and some nitto 555rs drag radials. and if you have any money left over maybe you can find some used headers for cheap... If you want a mail order tune wait4me tuners has a good tune for $84 I believe. Maybe even a cutout?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

id do some appearance mods first. Rims for sure and an SS hood next.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

Drag Radials and a yank 4000.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

Double post you faggit!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hot94Z28
Do you have a Auto? If so then stall and suspension. It's no fun to have power and not hook.
Actually, sometimes it's very fun. My old '80 Z28 was all motor, a 4 speed, and a worn-out posi. All stock suspension and BFG T/A's. Burnout king of the world!
What I lost in races, I made up for with ****-eating grins while exiting the road backward!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Launching!

Ok...I already have headers and no I dont have an auto.....thanks for the advice but im not investing this $1000, already did that this is my play portion, im not a man ***** so a hooker is out of the question, beer gets me no where in life....ummmm...any other suggestions. Thanks for the replies...and the comical ones as well..lol.

If I can get a mild cam+install for $1000(currently talking to a local shop that I found) Ill go that route. If not I think ill got with rims,ls6 intake---then sell my stock rims and tires and use that money to finish out my exhuast.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

where are you located?
Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Launching!

terre haute, indiana
Old 01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

im sure there are some guys in indiana with some nice setups willing to lend a hand on a cam install.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

This last page got a little hairy lol! If you can find help, like I said earlier you can to a bare bones cam swap. This also means finding someone with tuning software who will help you out on the tune. I would still strongly recommend Ls6 intake, ported stock TB, and finish your exhaust. d
Old 01-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

PHEW, someone needs to go rub one out and relax...I love you Blanco!

E
Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by JohnFrazee02SS
buy nitrous then spend the rest oh hooker and beer

now THAT is a great idea!

E
Old 01-30-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Intake, Boxed SFCs, LCA (w/ relo brackets) and a tune (if you can afford).