General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Police Inerceptor Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 05:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was having a hard time with the extra coolers but for some reason i didnt think about the fact that most v8 camaros came with them to start with. lol

and you guys that own x cruisers havent had the 'severe duty' part problem while asking for parts from the dealer?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:49 AM
10 Second Club

B4C is not a Z28 or an SS. It is a B4C. I think that insurance on these are cheaper than than a Z28 or an SS.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ONE EYE
not trying to be a dick here, but every other cop car has severe duty parts on them and power steering, tranny, and oil coolers. even the crappy six cylinder cars, so why wouldnt a b4c car?
we just got rid of a 98 crown vic that was an x cop car and the serial number called for severe duty ball joints and it had all the coolers on it. i know ford and chev are apples and oranges, but when they all go into the same basket..........

i do believe in the horses mouth about the b4c owners on here but i just cant see them NOT putting at least those parts on the cars.
The ******* B4C is sitting in my garage. IT IS A LOW OPTION Z28, NOTHING MORE.
In the old days Interceptors were different. I also owned a 79 chrysler newport interceptor with the 360. It WAS different than regular newports. Ford still builds the crown vic interceptor even calls it the police interceptor. The camaro is neither ford nor chrysler so quit spouting bullshit.

The Z28 was good enough in normal trim it did not need any special parts, it already was a very high performance vehicle.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 BLK WS6
B4C is not a Z28 or an SS. It is a B4C. I think that insurance on these are cheaper than than a Z28 or an SS.
NO, why do the people who don't know keep speaking as authorities when those of us who own and drive them are telling you the truth? I guess that is how the internet works, you're all experts. When you give the vin to the insurance it shows it is a V8 car. Since V6 cars don't come with V8's, guess what?

Last edited by troopercar; 02-01-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sharpe
None of our cars a all have "chips," and that includes LT1's so I'm surprised you're in the dark about that. LT1's and LS1's have computers that must be programmed. To program them, you're going to have to have a laptop and someone who knows what they are doing with an expensive program. So, anytime someone mentions LS1 (or LT1) and "chip" in the same sentence, they are full of ****.

93s have a chip!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) My B4C says Z28/SS on my insurance card, but it doesn't have a Z28 RPO. Insurance knows it's the same thing.
2) Other cars got upgraded and the camaro didn't because the camaro already came standard with everything the other cars needed to be upgraded with.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Junkie

the ls1 camaro b4c cars are few-option hardtop z28s. the only thing they have over a z28 is a block heater. everything else is the exact same.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

They didn't come standard with a block heater either.
Originally Posted by s346k
the ls1 camaro b4c cars are few-option hardtop z28s. the only thing they have over a z28 is a block heater. everything else is the exact same.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 02-01-2008, 08:26 AM
11 Second Club

This is why I posted a while back about the B4C, to try to dispell the myth that they are so different.

Apparently the myth lives on and always will. Like the guy with the factory 350 5 speed in an 87 IROC-Z. And the special ordered 455 in a 79 trans am. Some people are just stupid and if I was the king of America they would not be allowed on my roads.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just think it's funny that so many people that own them are in this thread telling everyone the truth, yet people are still trying to act like they know what makes a B4C special. If anything, it's less desirable than a Z28 because of it's probable past. Heck somebody posted their window sticker above that lists whats special about the "special service package" and it listed nothing special but people are just overlooking it
Old 02-01-2008, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
I just think it's funny that so many people that own them are in this thread telling everyone the truth, yet people are still trying to act like they know what makes a B4C special. If anything, it's less desirable than a Z28 because of it's probable past. Heck somebody posted their window sticker above that lists whats special about the "special service package" and it listed nothing special but people are just overlooking it

Thank you, that is my window sticker and option plate but people still argue.
I bought mine because I wanted a budget play toy, not because it was special.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

now troopercar, in case you didnt notice before popping your top. the last post from me was a question, not a comment. i get the gist of the difference and have run across stuff like this before. and i have had arguments with people in the same manner.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ONE EYE
now troopercar, in case you didnt notice before popping your top. the last post from me was a question, not a comment. i get the gist of the difference and have run across stuff like this before. and i have had arguments with people in the same manner.

LOL, Actually, reading some of my posts today I do look a little testy.

I just found out the shop won't have my car done today and I had a good weekend of man/car love planned. Oh, well.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by troopercar
LOL, Actually, reading some of my posts today I do look a little testy.

I just found out the shop won't have my car done today and I had a good weekend of man/car love planned. Oh, well.
I sold my nitrous setup cause I was selling my car, but I ended up keeping the car. That means this weekend it gets a new HSW wet kit and some longtubes to replace the mids . Man/car love for the win.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:02 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Silly Camaro people

Good thing us Trans Am folk love the taste of PBR and still sport the mullet
Old 02-01-2008, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

and y'all know you're jealous of my lincoln and my diplomat in that pic
Old 02-01-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

do they have a calibrated speedo?? I know that was a differance with 9C1's??
Old 02-01-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

ok there is lot of crap in ths thread. want to know the truth? here is the truth. even though most of you cant handle it.

1. ALL SS cars are Z28s. they start out as Zs and then were sent to SLP to get a hood, spoiler, muffler, ss badges and wheels AND THATS IT. after that you could add other options like a lid, front grille, exhaust, suspsension etc you could get it. SSs have the same EXACT suspension as all other Z28s and B4Cs. there is no such thing as an "SS motor" or "SS suspension" its the same as whats in every Z28 and on every B4C

2. B4C cars ARE special. they are the only Camaro F bodies that are V8s without being Z28s. like i said before, SSs cars are just Z28s. also standard on Auto B4Cs were the 3.23 gear, aluminum drive shaft, power steering cooler, no t tops, body color tops (just like V6s) B4Cs could be ordered anyway you wanted them. they could have leather seats, monsoon, 6 speeds or any of those other options could be ordered by a department, or like most in 2002, by individuals. NO B4C is a Z28, and NO B4C EVER came from the factory with T tops. there was talk of heavy duty wiring, that dosent exist. another thing that i dont understand is the trans cooler thing. ALL the cars just have trans coolers that are in the radiator. they dont have an external trans cooler.

many of the GMPP special cars are B4Cs. im pretty sure that all the "ZL1" cars are B4Cs
Old 02-01-2008, 04:02 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Nathan, I wondered when you were going to chime in.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

Copcar, everything you said is accurate. But you know it is a technicality that a B4C is not a Z28. They have everything that makes a z28 a z28. But as my window sticker shows, chevy did not call them z28's, they were called Special Service Coupes. I never told my insurance company anything other than camaro, they got the vin and it pops up Z28. Mine has the badges put back on and without the door plate good luck telling the difference. Any A4 could also get the GU5 performance axle, it just came as part of the package on these.