General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Getting the car back tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting the car back tomorrow!

Ok guys, some of you might have seen this thread about my car. https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/682346-o-f-i-723rwhp-724rwt-14psi-93-octane.html I had all this work done last year, I got it back and we had some small issues to work out. After getting all the "bugs" out, I had the car out a few times and a very loud squeak started. So I called Akron Horse Power told them what was going on.

They ended up coming down to get the car, after a few days went by...I received a phone call with the news that my motor was done. I couldn't believe what I as hearing. They told me that a piston broke and a small piece had lodged itself in the head....The machine shop had to go through the motor they said the clearances were way off, Akron got the motor back after a week and a half. After all this, there were so many other little things that had to be changed. The way the battery was ran to the trunk wasn't right, the battery wasn't putting out enough voltage, to many other things to list. I was told that I was getting the car back last weekend, but they had ran into tune issues...the car had a small miss in it..So now tomorrow is the big day. They are suppose to trailer it down and be here at 9:30. Its a three hour drive so give or take a half hour. I wanted to post the old pictures and share my news with you guys..I'm going to post pictures up as soon as I get it back. So you guys can see all the changes. I'm ready to take my baby to the track and see how she does
Old 02-15-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hell yeah dude you're car is wicked! Can't wait for the videos and pics! Good luck tomorrow!
Old 02-16-2008, 03:09 AM
12 Second Club

dam man, must've cost you some bucks to fix the problem. I know when i got my bad news that i needed a new motor, i was so upset. couldnt figure out the money issue..
Old 02-16-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by razorclaw99
dam man, must've cost you some bucks to fix the problem. I know when i got my bad news that i needed a new motor, i was so upset. couldnt figure out the money issue..
Yeah to much money, that and they called and told me that I may have to wait a bit longer. They ran into more problems lastnight I guess.....
Old 02-16-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _JB_
Hell yeah dude you're car is wicked! Can't wait for the videos and pics! Good luck tomorrow!
Thanks a lot man, I cant wait to post up some videos and pics. Soon enough..
Old 02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

did they not warranty their work??
Old 02-16-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GotV-8
Yeah to much money, that and they called and told me that I may have to wait a bit longer. They ran into more problems lastnight I guess.....
What problem(s)?
Old 02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kokingSS
did they not warranty their work??
OFI did the work last year, Akron is cleaning it up and making it right now.

Last edited by GotV-8; 02-16-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _JB_
What problem(s)?
Well the car wasnt getting enough voltage, they said it was around 12.5. They changed the alternator the battery is fine. They said it worked for about twenty mins, and it started again. So they think there is a short somewhere.....Now its just a matter of finding it. They are three hours away, so im just going by what they are telling me. Im just to the point where I am just saying whatever.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Nice!! Your car is siiiick!!! I'm at AHP every now and again (I'm good friends with Eric and George) and they'll treat you right, very good guys! Joel is one hell of a welder too.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:30 PM

That is one wicked WS6!
Old 02-16-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

damn that thing is going to be sick i wish i had the money to threw into my project like that!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BRAKE
Nice!! Your car is siiiick!!! I'm at AHP every now and again (I'm good friends with Eric and George) and they'll treat you right, very good guys! Joel is one hell of a welder too.
Yeah they are a good group of guys. Thanks man.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rowin Gearz
That is one wicked WS6!
Thanks!

damn that thing is going to be sick i wish i had the money to threw into my project like that!
Thanks, I dont have anymore to put into it . That is the thing, us horsepower junkies always want more!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome build man hope it works out right. What part of ohio are you in? Canton here about 45 min away from akron HP
Old 02-17-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you every talk to OFI about your problems?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Well the car wasnt getting enough voltage, they said it was around 12.5. They changed the alternator the battery is fine. They said it worked for about twenty mins, and it started again. So they think there is a short somewhere.....Now its just a matter of finding it. They are three hours away, so im just going by what they are telling me. Im just to the point where I am just saying whatever.
I hate electrical problems. When I had n2o on my car I must have spent two days trying to find the problem why the solenoids would not stay open.

Well if you get to tired of it we can trade cars lol. Good luck with everything!
Old 02-17-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
Awesome build man hope it works out right. What part of ohio are you in? Canton here about 45 min away from akron HP
Thanks, Im in Muskingum County. Its a long drive for me lol.
Did you every talk to OFI about your problems?
The key problem was the motor, OFI didnt have any control over that. They put it together. I dont think install had anything to do with it, but I had talk to Akron and the guys there seemed cool. They are cutting me a good deal with cost. They also tuned the car for OFI so they know the car. I had issues with contacting OFI the last time. Akron is real good about everything, tell you how it is and when they find something they call.

I hate electrical problems. When I had n2o on my car I must have spent two days trying to find the problem why the solenoids would not stay open.

Well if you get to tired of it we can trade cars lol. Good luck with everything!
Yeah the tune is pretty much done, just working this last "small" problem out. You know, I had almost been pushed to the point of selling the car when it is right, but Ive had it since 2000 and it was my first car. I wouldnt mind starting a new project, but the thought of someone else saying my car is their car just eats me up
What ended up being the problem with yours?
Old 02-17-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah the tune is pretty much done, just working this last "small" problem out. You know, I had almost been pushed to the point of selling the car when it is right, but Ive had it since 2000 and it was my first car. I wouldnt mind starting a new project, but the thought of someone else saying my car is their car just eats me up
What ended up being the problem with yours?

Bad ground I had for a switch in the console.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still having the issue with the alternator, they told me that the new one they put on burned up now. So we are looking into one from summit to see if it can handle more heat...at this point we are guessing.
Im hoping that someone can give me an idea as to why this is happening...we also thought that maybe the down pipe was putting off to much heat, its already wrapped two times....Any ideas guys?