General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Need Hard Proof on LS1 F-Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lady_Bird
whoa chill. he never said he wasnt going to school. and maybe he pays his aprents for board. even if he doesnt so what? theres nothing wrong with living with your parents
Living with your parents is not cool. "hey baby want to come back to my place?" "Ok" "Yeah just be quiet because my mom is sleeping." Gay.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by primer84z
Living with your parents is not cool. "hey baby want to come back to my place?" "Ok" "Yeah just be quiet because my mom is sleeping." Gay.
i go to my boyfriends house all the time and i have no problem with it. vicinity is 17 people( i think thats what he said). youre acting like hes 30.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Banned

why the hell would u do that? Key word backseat
Old 03-30-2008, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
why the hell would u do that? Key word backseat
lmao! ITS hard to do that in a fbody!!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Regular

oh hes 17? Well there is a grace period of living with your parents. After you graduate highschool, and you still live at home and arent going to college, not cool. If your in college and only come home sometimes, thats ok. I joined the Marines at 18 so I was gone like 6 weeks after I graduated.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Banned

lmao! ITS hard to do that in a fbody!!
O ya. forgot how tight it was back there.

Sucks for you guys
Old 03-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

oh hes 17? Well there is a grace period of living with your parents. After you graduate highschool, and you still live at home and arent going to college, not cool. If your in college and only come home sometimes, thats ok. I joined the Marines at 18 so I was gone like 6 weeks after I graduated.
well thats the main factor then. Join the military they take you from your home, you don't have to worrie about paying rent, feeding yourself, go to work/school. If you can stay at home for a wile and save money up for later, than thats just using your brain. IDK why you would be in such a hurry to throw that all away.
On The Tree

O ya. forgot how tight it was back there.

Sucks for you guys
actually if it isnt winter you cant ake the t tops off and have a little fun
TECH Fanatic

Im sorry but from his statement that making $9 an hour working at Food Lion and his plans to save for a year just doesnt sound like too forward type of thinking. Im sorry but Id rather drive a less expensive car for a few years and get on my feet and live on my own then stay with my PARENT. Yes I didnt even have two but I couldnt wait to get out on my own. Hell get a roommate or two in a nice house. Its still better then living at your parents.

Go in the Forced Induction section and ask how old those guys and how much it truely costs to run a FI car as a DD. Im sorry but an 18 or 19 y/o that lives at home and makes around 20k a year working FULL TIME just shouldnt be doing it. More power to the guy if he does it.

I wont go into it but the thinking that its cool to live with your parents until you are 21-22 is something wrong with the younger generations. Yes Im only 24 but damn its wrong to live with them when you are an adult unless you are going to school full time or you literally HAVE to.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

well thats the main factor then. Join the military they take you from your home, you don't have to worrie about paying rent, feeding yourself, go to work/school. If you can stay at home for a wile and save money up for later, than thats just using your brain. IDK why you would be in such a hurry to throw that all away.
He isnt saving it for later though. Look at his plans for his future LS1. Plans to go FI isnt really saving for later.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned

actually if it isnt winter you cant ake the t tops off and have a little fun
ur dirty lol
Old 03-30-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

That is why I drive a 93 z28, I am a sophmore in college, have great jobs during the breaks, but really can't afford to do crazy things with it...when I get out of college and a get a nice job, hell yeah I want to get a 02 ws6, 6 speed t-tops. If you are going from a 4 cylinder to a v8, it is a hell of a difference...I used to own a pos integra. Driving a stock camaro or firebird around is not bad, and it most likely will not break as often. If I were you, I would buy a nice camaro or firebird..one that has lower mileage because usually they are nicer, if you look for one, they are out there. Then throw a cam, if it is a m6, a rearend, and maybe a nicer clutch and some boltons and have fun with it.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slingshot928
That is why I drive a 93 z28, I am a sophmore in college, have great jobs during the breaks, but really can't afford to do crazy things with it...when I get out of college and a get a nice job, hell yeah I want to get a 02 ws6, 6 speed t-tops. If you are going from a 4 cylinder to a v8, it is a hell of a difference...I used to own a pos integra. Driving a stock camaro or firebird around is not bad, and it most likely will not break as often. If I were you, I would buy a nice camaro or firebird..one that has lower mileage because usually they are nicer, if you look for one, they are out there. Then throw a cam, if it is a m6, a rearend, and maybe a nicer clutch and some boltons and have fun with it.
same freshie in college and got a low mileage bird. paid for by me and working in college
Old 03-30-2008, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

ur dirty lol
hey i never said i did it. an idea some one gave me lol

Last edited by Lady_Bird; 03-30-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:35 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

hey i never said i did it. an idea some one gave me lol
Don't worry, we beleive you.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Launching!

If she didn't bring up taking off the t-tops...I was gonna. C'mon people, a little spice in your life won't kill ya!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can I say something?

These cars are toys for the most part. I was in your position, got my bird during my sophmore year of college. I've had it for a while now, and I will be graduating from law school in december. This has NOT been a good car for me as far as being a BROKE *** college kid. Power steering pumps and other repairs, high insurence rates, gas mileage ext. ext.

And then, when i finally make some money (over the summer got a nice internship at a firm back in Texas), I BLOW IT all on my car. And I ain't a stupid guy, but these cars are addictive and fun. My suggestion would be for you to get a car that is more suitable for your needs, and go to college. There are plenty of years up ahead to buy toys like this.

SAYS THE POT TO THE KETTLE! LOL!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've sold 3 LS1 cars on this forum. 99 B4C Camaro 125k 98 Trans Am 138k and 00 Formula 155k miles. All of them still going strong. Check out this thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/883228-how-many-miles-out-ls1.html
Old 03-30-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by landonew
Can I say something?

These cars are toys for the most part. I was in your position, got my bird during my sophmore year of college. I've had it for a while now, and I will be graduating from law school in december. This has NOT been a good car for me as far as being a BROKE *** college kid. Power steering pumps and other repairs, high insurence rates, gas mileage ext. ext.

And then, when i finally make some money (over the summer got a nice internship at a firm back in Texas), I BLOW IT all on my car. And I ain't a stupid guy, but these cars are addictive and fun. My suggestion would be for you to get a car that is more suitable for your needs, and go to college. There are plenty of years up ahead to buy toys like this.

SAYS THE POT TO THE KETTLE! LOL!
I have owned a F-Body since 98. I too was a broke *** college kid back then making $10 a hr. I have said it before and I have said it again I have owned 12 F-Bodies. I can honestly say these cars have been good and for the average person that don't beat on these cars and does regular maintanance they will last a long time of course there are little things that will go wrong on almost any vehicle.

Last edited by CJDZ24_Z28; 03-30-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

The thing is he wont be staying at home saving up for later. He will be staying at home blowing money on a car. Stand by to be the 30 yr old guy at the high school party with a blown 427.....