General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Got hit, insurance/bodyshop advice inside please :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got hit, insurance/bodyshop advice inside please :(

So today i got t-boned by a young blonde girl that "thought she could make the turn." She misjudged and smashed into the drivers side door/rear left wheel. Do you guys know of any good body shops in the South Chicago Suburbs? I drive a 2002 camaro z28, btw. Hope it isn't frame damaged.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

post pics.. and we'll be able to determine the extent of the damage.. it does not sound too bad though.

did any glass break?

did the rear quarter, roof or floor kink?
Old 04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Also, the left rear wheel is not straight anymore and the rim has curb rash from her hitting me. And the tire is dented....
Old 04-13-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my z28 has similar damage to that, only alot worse on the quarter. id say your looking at a new door, depending on how pushed in the quarter is, probably a quarter too. check out the passenger side door and your hatch to see if it got pushed and if the gaps got all out of whack. hopefully she has insurance, glad that you werent hurt at least
Old 04-13-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Body wise it really doesnt look too bad, I think it could have been alot worse. Im sure they will replace the door and probably cut that section out of the quarter and replace it. As for the rear that just depends on if anything underneath broke or bent. i dont think it will be totalled, but hey maybe you will get a new paint job out of it
Old 04-13-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn, that's much worse than the minor damage I received at someone else's fault. Best of luck to you. I would grab a notebook and digital camera, and do your own super-extensive audit of what was damaged. Make copies of it, and give a copy to each body shop you bring it to(more than one?) for an estimate. Including axle tubes, and all rear suspension components for deformation. On the bright side, at least it was someone else's fault, so any damage found should be repaired not on your dime. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys! Keep it comin'.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the biggest issue is if your rear end got whacked out of alignment, my car was hit alot harder than yours and it was fine but id get under there and check with a tape if you can. id also get a feeler gauge and check the gaps on the hatch, a hit in that spot can throw quite a bit of the car off as far as other parts too (ask me how i know ) best of luck to you