General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ideas needed. C6 Z06 or 03 KB Cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 05:00 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigen
For cost reasons, the Cobra makes sense but if I was in your shoes I would go for the C6 Z06 just because it's so damn sexy. When you see that thing in your garage, the number of smiles on your face should outweigh the mounds of debt.

In all seriousness, good luck on your purchase, whatever it may end up being.
Thank you sir.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely c6z, that is the ultimate!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
You are more than correct. I (we all) get caught up in keeping up with the Jones' and should spend more time planning for the fast approaching future. I have my retired Father living with me, a baby in the next 2-3 yrs and only about 4K in savings. The taxes alone on buying a C6Z would be $3500. Its not really smart since even though I can afford the payment, I really cant "afford it with all the other" responsibilities and be able to mod it and fix it when it breaks. Corvette "tax" is really something to consider as well. I should just put a Vortec on our SRT8 and save ALL the money really.

Yea man I would say just mod the srt-8. Those are awesome machines and although they are heavier and not as easy to mod as an 03-04 cobra or a C6Z you still have a nice fast/quick car that can fit a growing family with easy and you already have it so you arent taking on any additional debt. If you do go FI def just look for a conservative system to put on the srt-8 so it still maintains its reliability but adds 60-80 rwhp so its fun to motor around in. Responsibility sucks but you and your wife both sound like you have good jobs and are successful, plus you are a great guy to take care of your father, so you will have plenty of time to own a really fast car in the future. It sucks right now but it would suck even worse having a C6Z or 03-04 cobra and then having to be forced to sell it quickly as that causes a ton of unwanted stress. Have fun with your current toys knowing that in the future you will have set yourself up to own something even better.