General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Have F-bodies visually withstood the test of time??
Hell yea! Still looks as cutting edge as the day I bought it!
82.22%
Its beginning to look dated.
17.22%
Damn thing looks like an antique.
0.56%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Are F-bodies visually withstanding the test of time??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I like mine just fine... Looks maybe a bit dated, then again not so much really.....
Old 06-19-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

It looks new to me every time.... It is still my favorite car and will always be
Old 06-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Launching!

The WS6 has enough fiberglass and ridiculous styling to look like a concept car. By ridiculous I mean the extreme lines on these cars, they look great. I get tons of stares and questions from people about my car, and people who don't know much about cars ask me if it's new all the time. The Fbody still has some years before it's actually outdated.

Last edited by 5SiX1; 06-23-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They do look a little dated, honestly. I mean the design has been on the road since 93'. The sharper lines of new cars make ours look a little softer, however soon enough the sharp line trend will end and we'll be back up top!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd say beginning to look a bit dated since the trend is towards a more angular look again, but still they are holding up really well considering their age.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 4th gen F-bodies still look awesome and will always..

Especially the Trans Ams.. OMG..

Fords mustangs are still years behind. The new Mustang GT's still cant even beat a 98 Z28 ..

Yes, theyre beginning to become a bit older, but theyre nowhere close to becomming outdated or "old". New things are still comming out for the F-Bodies, and people are taking them to a whole new level now. To me, theyre anything but "old" and arent even at their prime yet with all these new parts and mods you can get.

The new Mustang GT's are running high 13's to low 14's. Isnt that where GM was with the LT1 F-Bodies back in 93 also ??

(I'm not a Mustang hater, I actually like some mustangs.. The ones that are done up right. Just thought I'd use them as a reference as to how the F-Bodies technology are still kick *** and not old)

Yes, the date they were made may be getting a bit "older", but I think that the car itself isnt.

Just my $.02

- Mike
Old 06-19-2008, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

These cars still look new(er) ESPECIALLY the T/A & SS, mostly the WS6
Old 06-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Banned

The oldest fbody was made in 93 so not bad for being 15 years old
Old 06-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Launching!

ive been asked if the car was the new 08 model before ( dont know what kind of car the guy though it was?) but i think the still look pretty modern
Old 06-19-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The cars that are well maintained and detailed will always look good. When I see a 92 IROC that is nice, it still catches my eye. When you see an F-body that is beat to ****, I think it is disgusting.

Its nice to drive around and get a thumbs up from other drivers, and not see your type of car at every light.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think these cars look more modern classic. Since nothing else out there looks like them they will always look great!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Teching In

i will never get tired of my camaro.. i think it still looks modern and i could never get tired of the look of my 4th gen fbod
Old 06-19-2008, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

I think they stand up well. Sleek and strong.
My vert is a decade old and still looks sharper than anything else on the road. Pontiacs are starting to look a little dated imo, but still grab attention. As for new cars...my last was an 05 GTO and I think the styling in my camaro is way better. The new car bug hits everyone differently. I just buy new parts.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Certain features look dated, such as popup lights on Firebirds and bland interior design. I could care less though, I didn't buy this car to impress the public: I bought it because I like it. I still get complements though, hell I had two today and one was a kid on a bike yell, "Nice car!"

On a sidenote, I notice a lot of features shared with a 4th gen Firebird with C3 Corvettes exterior wise. So when our cars are that old, imagine how they will look.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by _JB_
Certain features look dated, such as popup lights on Firebirds and bland interior design. I could care less though, I didn't buy this car to impress the public: I bought it because I like it. I still get complements though, hell I had two today and one was a kid on a bike yell, "Nice car!"

On a sidenote, I notice a lot of features shared with a 4th gen Firebird with C3 Corvettes exterior wise. So when our cars are that old, imagine how they will look.
I still think firebirds look hot! NOTHING looks like them, their cousin the camaro doesn't look much like them! And pop up headlights still look cool! unless you drive a c4 from the 80's.... then its just the car
Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Launching!

I still have people asking me if my car is a brand new Pontiac...so I'd say no. I have at least 4 examples of people never seeing a WS6 before and drooling over it for an easy 10 minutes asking all kinds of questions. And this is within the last 2 years...most recent being in March.

The T/A is a very unique car...the Camaro had some copies with that one Chrysler and the Jag that kind of looks like it....kinda takes away from them a bit. Either way these cars are here to stay for a long time, they have a HUGE following...good example is this very message board. And waves from other 4th gens are always appreciated
Old 06-19-2008, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

The thing about cars like these is that their styling is something that is instantly classic. Really, a Camaro or 'Bird with the right wheels and stance looks just as good or better than anything on the road, old or new. I dig the Poncho's bold, aggressive looks, and also the way Chevy pulls it off with a more subtle, simple scheme.

Some things just never get old, like '70 Chevelles and Foxbodies. The Camaros actually remind me of the old box-style Mustangs, in that their styling is really simple and doesn't have anything to throw in your face, basic inside and out. You can make these cars look as plain and unassuming, or as menacing as you'd like.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought mine thinking I would own it at least 20 years. So no I don't think it looks dated in any way.

The keys to good fuel economy are engine efficiency and aerodynamic drag. This car has well one any way.

I think cars are going to keep coming back to this shape forever.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

yes, a bit, since they're very of the "thy car shall be like unto a used bar of soap" era. I love the look of the firebirds, but just a few sharp angles or creases thrown into it would have let it age better- and, I would guess, make it even nastier and aggressive looking (w00t! )- plusses all around.

Also, not having fbodies made in last decade's fad color of pale gold (I think they called it "champagne") is definitely working in our favor. That color just says "outdated fuddy-duddy-mobile," at least to me.

-sectari
Old 06-20-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what?

I've smoked more than my fair share of 05+ mustang GTs and the look on their face is always great.

Quick Reply: Poll: Are F-bodies visually withstanding the test of time??