General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

One comment concerning GM OEM parts...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One comment concerning GM OEM parts...

Ordering GM OEM parts, particularly over the internet, is getting kinda silly.

The idea that the shipping costs from certain companies are hidden until time of purchase borders on unethical. Frightfully close to "bait and switch".

Why, while looking for a $220 set of LIFTERS, one place (they shall remain nameless...) has the nads to try to add FIFTY DOLLARS ($50) for shipping and handling.

I could see $50 for handling a long block... and some more cashola for shipping... heck, those things are HEAVY.

But a set of lifters?!?!?
Old 06-23-2008, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 06-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PacerX
Ordering GM OEM parts, particularly over the internet, is getting kinda silly.

The idea that the shipping costs from certain companies are hidden until time of purchase borders on unethical. one place (they shall remain nameless...) has the nads to try to add FIFTY DOLLARS ($50) for shipping and handling.
I'm sure you have your reasons (or you'll come up with something to prove me wrong) but a lot of people need to grow the 'nads' to walk into the damn dealership. Yea I'll say it gmpartsdirect.com will rape you on shipping but you order from them anyway because you think you got your parts for half dealer cost, didn't have to deal with the parts guy, etc. But add the shipping and you just paid about the same amount.
AND the dealer has it the next day, gmpartsdirect has it next month.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or just order your stock parts from site sponsor SDPC & get them in no time for a good price. Everything I have ordered from them that was OEM parts shipped very fast & I only paid $110 shipped for my LS7 lifters.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
I'm sure you have your reasons (or you'll come up with something to prove me wrong) but a lot of people need to grow the 'nads' to walk into the damn dealership.
I agree.

I think that was the point I was making.

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Yea I'll say it gmpartsdirect.com will rape you on shipping but you order from them anyway because you think you got your parts for half dealer cost, didn't have to deal with the parts guy, etc. But add the shipping and you just paid about the same amount.
AND the dealer has it the next day, gmpartsdirect has it next month.
I'm pretty sure I'd rather deal with the parts guy... anyway...

To amplify your point, holding the shipping and "handling" costs back as some kind of end-game "gotcha" is just b*llsh*t.

Christ, if they're NOT having GMSPO drop ship them, and are actually warehousing them, then they're out of their freaking minds. Every other industry on the planet that deals with internet sales does it.

$50 for shipping and handling on a set of lifters... getthef*ckouttahere...
Old 06-23-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats why gmpartsdirect has never and will never get my business. The guys at my local A-line know me and my family and a couple guys at the dealership know my face so they dont ever give me bs prices. It helps to be a regular customer in person.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:43 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Give us at SDPC a call and we'll show you great service and great prices on your OEM parts and performance parts as well!

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 06-24-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just went to my local dealer ship and talked to the parts guy and he set me up as a gm employee cash account. If SDCP was in my back yard I would go to them but any gm dealer should be able to help you out.You never pay shipping and you build a re pour with the guys. I use Gm parts direct as a data base print out there price and take it to my guy and he will normally match it.
Best of both worlds.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

and.....when it ships wrong to the dealer, we check it right there @ the counter, they apologize, and redo...have had this happen a couple of times and it's well worth the 10-20 bucks extra i pay for this kind of service...to me anyway!!!!