General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Factory Shortcomings...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
Nosir, what you were saying was

Don't change your story because you're wrong. Go back to your Honda forum if you want to tout the Honda as being so spectacular. You don't really expect us to care around here do you? Stop with your Honda ****. If the lowest you found was 28 you are not paying attention.
thats why I said "NOW I AGREE" was proven wrong and admitted it is that really that hard to beleive . With the set up I was talking about yes that what I found if it was as easy as showing you a link I would but I was just poking around at discussion's many of them weren't even about mpg. If there is one thing hondas have its gas mileage.

Just for the record I am a hard core trans am fan but fact is fact!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
thats why I said "NOW I AGREE" was proven wrong and admitted it is that really that hard to beleive . With the set up I was talking about yes that what I found if it was as easy as showing you a link I would but I was just poking around at discussion's many of them weren't even about mpg. If there is one thing hondas have its gas mileage.

Just for the record I am a hard core trans am fan but fact is fact!
Your use of the word fact is null here after you were claiming what was and wasn't fact already in this thread. You absolutely can not say that one thing Hondas have is gas mileage and it's a fact, because it isn't necessarily a fact either. Besides comparing a weak conservative driven honda to a 350hp LS1 being driven hard means nothing too. Like I said, get off your Honda ****, because we REALLY don't care around here
Old 06-25-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
Your use of the word fact is null here after you were claiming what was and wasn't fact already in this thread. You absolutely can not say that one thing Hondas have is gas mileage and it's a fact, because it isn't necessarily a fact either. Besides comparing a weak conservative driven honda to a 350hp LS1 being driven hard means nothing too. Like I said, get off your Honda ****, because we REALLY don't care around here
true I guess there are situations where hondas wont get the same mileage but come on do I really need to tell you that, a 200hp 4cyl. with a light body(2400ish pounds) will get good mileage, and in this set up you will get mid 13s, but if you wanna make that thing any faster you can loose that milage quick with head work or cam, what have you.

This thread was about us trying to convince some one into buying a f-body or vette over a honda, it all depends I say if you drive alot you'll save money with the honda but if you want a car that is more geared toward peformance and mileage isn't the issue get GM.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

dont get all butt hurt for nothin were simply debating
Old 06-25-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

true I guess there are situations where hondas wont get the same mileage but come on do I really need to tell you that, a 200hp 4cyl. with a light body(2400ish pounds) will get good mileage, and in this set up you will get mid 13s, but if you wanna make that thing any faster you can loose that milage quick with head work or cam, what have you.

This thread was about us trying to convince some one into buying a f-body or vette over a honda, it all depends I say if you drive alot you'll save money with the honda but if you want a car that is more geared toward peformance and mileage isn't the issue get GM.
I had a honda once before... not that impressed with mileage, i had a 01 civic 5 speed, completely stock (didnt want it for performance) and when i drove the **** out of it (which was 90% of the time) i only got 24 mpg. If i went REALLY easy on it, i bested 32. I can hit that with my M6 ls1 on the highway any day.

seriously no one on this board cares about hondas and what "great" mpg they get.
honda=
Old 06-25-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 406malibu
I had a honda once before... not that impressed with mileage, i had a 01 civic 5 speed, completely stock (didnt want it for performance) and when i drove the **** out of it (which was 90% of the time) i only got 24 mpg. If i went REALLY easy on it, i bested 32. I can hit that with my M6 ls1 on the highway any day.

seriously no one on this board cares about hondas and what "great" mpg they get.
honda=
those years were when they got heavy you do you know what an EG is? probably not, thats fine but THIS post was about honda vs f-body/vette.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

those years were when they got heavy you do you know what an EG is? probably not, thats fine but THIS post was about honda vs f-body/vette.
Yes I do know what an EG is, as do most people... they are a shitty civic hatch, that has no place in the world of performance. yea you CAN make one fast, but why? so you can get good MPG??? yea, and the money you spent making it go as fast as a f/body completely neglects the savings in gas for about 5 years. Honda boys are ******, at least EVERY one of the ones ive ever encountered. full of excuses, and always saying "well i get better mpg than you" when they get beat. Ive got respect for any car thats fast, but that doesnt mean I agree with what they used as a base car. as far as hondas no one cares, and no need to get all defensive over your little love affair with them. this is an LS1 board, if you dont like it
Old 06-25-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes I do know what an EG is, as do most people... they are a shitty civic hatch, that has no place in the world of performance. yea you CAN make one fast, but why? so you can get good MPG??? yea, and the money you spent making it go as fast as a f/body completely neglects the savings in gas for about 5 years. Honda boys are ******, at least EVERY one of the ones ive ever encountered. full of excuses, and always saying "well i get better mpg than you" when they get beat. Ive got respect for any car thats fast, but that doesnt mean I agree with what they used as a base car. as far as hondas no one cares, and no need to get all defensive over your little love affair with them. this is an LS1 board, if you dont like it
you could do an swap for about the same price as a 4 gen f-body(in decent condition) and you will get into the mid 13s and still get pretty good gas mileage.(around 30 mpg average)

And yes most honda fan boys are ****'n retards, but this topic was about HONDA VS F-BODY.

"no need to get all defensive over your little love affair with them."

Yeah I knew you would go and tell me something like that, thats why I started a club called GM Muscle, yeah and thats why I have only owned muscle cars(96 mustang, 89 firebird formula, 2001 trans am) Yeah I am a real honda lover.

Btw how am I getting all defensive I haven't called any one a name or anything.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned

I like how everyone is so sensitive over their precious fbodies! BTW, the 10 bolt is a shortcoming.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

you could do an swap for about the same price as a 4 gen f-body(in decent condition) and you will get into the mid 13s and still get pretty good gas mileage.(around 30 mpg average)

And yes most honda fan boys are ****'n retards, but this topic was about HONDA VS F-BODY.

"no need to get all defensive over your little love affair with them."

Yeah I knew you would go and tell me something like that, thats why I started a club called GM Muscle, yeah and thats why I have only owned muscle cars(96 mustang, 89 firebird formula, 2001 trans am) Yeah I am a real honda lover.

edit: oh, and carbon fiber, unless used to really lighten the car for racing is ricy

Btw how am I getting all defensive I haven't called any one a name or anything.
well you tried to call me out saying i didnt know what an EG was first of all, you were completely ignorant to the ls1's capability to get 28-30 mpg, and through out the thread you have been PRAISING hondas. also just because you start a "club" doesnt mean anything. Finally the thread wasnt about honda vs f/body, it was about what problems the f/body had so he could try and convince his friend that f/bodys were better.

oh, and carbon fiber, unless used for true weight reduction... is ricy, and even then it still looks fugly
Old 06-25-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 0000000000
I like how everyone is so sensitive over their precious fbodies! BTW, the 10 bolt is a shortcoming.
If you dont think they are precious and you dont own an LS1, why dont you GTFO off the forum?

oh, and carbon fiber, unless used for true weight reduction... is ricy, and even then it still looks fugly
To each his own. And it is used for true weight reduction, as it drops weight off anything. Ricy in your own opinion. I guess the new ZR1 Vette will be ricy since under the hood, the side scoops, and even the interior is lined with carbon fiber. You sir are a
Old 06-25-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by Ntimid8r7; 06-25-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe one of the stupidest threads yet.......and btw, my bros integra gsr gets worse milage highway/city than my ta/camaro......god bless 6 spd!!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

well you tried to call me out saying i didnt know what an EG was first of all, you were completely ignorant to the ls1's capability to get 28-30 mpg, and through out the thread you have been PRAISING hondas. also just because you start a "club" doesnt mean anything. Finally the thread wasnt about honda vs f/body, it was about what problems the f/body had so he could try and convince his friend that f/bodys were better.

Thats good I really didnt think you knew what an EG was, and yes i have not even got close to that mpg in my car but I 90% of my driving is city. Whoa! Whoa! I NEVER praised the Honda I just think an EG with a k20 is a good ALL AROUND set up. I said this MANY times the f-bodys are better for performance, it just depends on what you want to do. Maybe I didn't clarify enough, If its performance you are looking for, WITH OUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT go with an f-body, BUT if you looking for something more practical and still quick the go with a k20 eg!

" also just because you start a "club" doesnt mean anything"

how does that not mean anything? I go every other Friday a love seeing our club grow.

Yeah it is for weight reduction what I wanna do is paint the hood and leave a ghost bird on it but I got no money right now.

Last edited by carbonfiberbird; 06-25-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

btw I am having fun and there are no hard feeling what so ever, but thats just me!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NDFORSPD
maybe one of the stupidest threads yet.......and btw, my bros integra gsr gets worse milage highway/city than my ta/camaro......god bless 6 spd!!
can you tell me both your set ups?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

Last time I checked...gas mileage isn't considered performance...

Either way, the fact is that everyone is comparing apples to oranges here. If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, lets compare the S2000 to a C5 or C6 Corvette. Their both RWD, have the option of being a convertable, and both can come with a 6 speed tranny.

Trying to compare a FWD civic hatch to an Fbody is like trying to compare Hellen Keller to, say Danica Patrick...Their just not in the same league.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah well thats why I picked danica patrick
Old 06-25-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think some of you are seriously living in denial about F-bodies.

They are far from perfect. But I don't complain, or really care.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

btw I am having fun and there are no hard feeling what so ever, but thats just me!
haha no hard feelings, just a forum but i will defend my LS1 over a honda motor any day