General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I cant stand people who think they know what their talking about.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya know I can understand that people that dont know fbodys corvettes or gtos can have some misconceptions about them and I understand that. Not everybody can know everything about everything. The difference is I dont go around acting like I do...however if it is their own car that they are goin on about and still dont know **** about it and are just talking basically to hear them selves talk thats a different story.

Case and point, the guy that put my gears in my car is very good at that and I wouldnt take it to anyone else...however, he doesnt know **** about his own car. He has a 2006 mustang saleen s281 convertable. A year ago when he put the gears in my car his car had "380hp" and now this last week it has "425hp".

Now I know what your thinking...is it the supercharged one....NO!
Has he done any mods...NO! (dont worry I asked him about both)
Its just the way he bought it new...and he says that they re-map the computer and tune it to achieve that hp.
WOW a 125 hp gain from a tune(thats what I WANT!!!!)
So a stock 06 mustang can go from 300 to 425 from tune

I wanted to see how much smoke he was blowin out his ace so I looked it and and wouldnt you know...they are 330 non-supercharged and 435 hp in the supercharger version.

I like the guy but I want to stomp his shitbox into the ground so bad.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the mustang owners are some of the funniest. one of my brothers co-workers has an 04? cobra with the supercharger, in the last two years he has put about 30,000 into it has broken the axles and reaer end a few times and still cant run in the 10's.

i told him that i dont like the interior styling and the car feels heavy going around corners and so i am not to fond of it, then he went into a rant about how no f-body will ever be able to go faster than his car, i just rolled my eyes.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 57 Posts

When people start telling me about MY car, i just agree with them and tell em its actually really slow and they would probably whoop on me. So many morons out there.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crzytown69
i respect 4 cylinder cars i respect anything nice and fast but i cant respect some one that that bought a 10 second car off eBay and acts like that built it better yet they have a clue what is under the hood... at the end of the day tho there is no replacement for displacement...... you can put the same 20g on the LS1 and it will make way more power than any 4cylinder but like i said i respect anything thats nice and fast and ill liseten to any one who knows what they are talking about

Happens a lot, but with all cars. Just his morning I was washing the T/A and some guy in a GT kept driving by and revving at me, I know he bought this car the way it was, with a few bolt on mods. Same kid who thought he was going to put twin turbos on a Stock 300zx nt and see 400hp without any tuning.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is a lady, she is 39 years old that has a 64 cutlass that she keeps calling a 442. Well its not a 442, but thats not the point. Everyone at work seems to think that since it has a 455 it will whoop the **** out of my SS. The car weighs over 2 tons and the engine has stock heads and a 2 barrel carb and stock manifolds. The only reason they think it will beat my car is because the motor is bigger and it has dumped exhaust so its loud as hell, and to top it off its an OLD slush box tranny with an open rearend. I wish some people would realize that "loud doesn't mean fast". Ive told her and everyone else, when she is ready to race to let me know and we will line them up. Dig or roll i dont give a ****. She also thinks it will beat my ss because she beat a 95 GT in it. I just laughed at that.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99345hp
She also thinks it will beat my ss because she beat a 95 GT in it. I just laughed at that.
HAHAHA

So slow.

Show her how its done.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

To me, this thread has turned into exactly what the op was talking about. People started ragging on ninjai_ruken , without knowing **** about his car, or even him in general. We've all been surrounded by stupidity, and some of us unknowingly perpetuate it. If i had a dollar for every time someone asked me how much power my lt1 makes, or what my mustang runs, i would be able to afford the blower for my car that I want. Any one of us can become that person that this thread is about by simply thinking we know something instead of actually doing the research. The solution? Dont be a tool and think before you start spouting off about whos car sucks, or what will "wipe the floor" with what.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wasn't trying to dog the ladies car I was talking about, because it does sound good. I dont talk **** about anybodies car unless I know the details on it.