General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Info about factory stickers on door

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info about factory stickers on door

Ok I just got my car back from the body shop after somebody backed into the door and to make a long story short they put a whole new door on but never put the stickers with the part numbers and such back on the new door. Is there anyway of getting a duplicate of those stickers for i know what was all there? They are looking for the old door currently but i have no faith in them actually finding it.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Launching!

anybody?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

im not 100% on this but i would think a dealer would be able to print you out a door sticker with the rpo codes. as far as build date and all, id imagine that those are not going to be kept in records.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been led to believe that you can't have them reprinted. But for the fact that they're just printed codes I don't see why the dealer wouldn't be able to print new ones or get new ones from the manufacturer.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:03 AM
Launching!

Yea I can`t believe they didn`t put them back on the car just because it basically tells everything about the car. Anyways i did finally get a call back from the body shop and they still have my old door but they said they wouldn`t take the stickers off for me because they usually don`t come off or would just tear so he did say i was welcome to come get the old door and try getting the stickers off myself. So sometime today i`m gonna go pick up my door and get my rpo codes back. Hopefully i can get them off and if i can i`m not even gonna try putting them on the new door i`ll just put them with the rest of my paperwork for my car. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nope. Can't get them. You can get a list of your RPO codes from the dealer, but not replacement stickers.

I tried, I had the same problem as you. I called my local dealer, the dealer who originally sold the car new, and even talked to someone at GM. No dice.

I almost wasn't able to register my car because of it. Here in RI if registering a car from out of state (bought it in MA) you need to be able to show the VIN in two places, the door jamb and cowl. Couldn't do it on mine.

I had to take it to the state inspection garage, luckily they found a partial VIN on the tranny that matched. If that tranny was ever changed, I'd have been SOL.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Default door stickers

I switched doors on my 99 ta the other week and had too get the stickers off. I got them off without ripping any of them. Mine was actually really easy just a slow speed and razor worked great on mine. I have heard of using a heat gun and razor but didnt have too. Good luck on removing them just thought i would throw my 2 cents in.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Launching!

Thanks guys i got the door from the body shop. Now i just gotta get the stickers off.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Stickers CANNOT be duplicated since they are printed on the assembly line. I had to have my SS drivers door fixedf and the bodyshop just did a door skin and you can't tell at all!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a place that replicates OEM stickers and datasheets, like these, window stickers, and build sheets. I do not recall the name or link, but a google search should come up with something. From what I recall, all they need is the RPO codes and build info, or preferably a copy of the sticker (photo and size). Good luck!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Launching!

I thought they were designed to not come off in one piece, so you can't just slap 'em on any car you'd like.

i'd probably just cut the door around the stickers, might be more work, but less risk of ruining the them forever. (I'd be a little hesitant ripped stickers)
Old 09-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jassick
I thought they were designed to not come off in one piece, so you can't just slap 'em on any car you'd like.

i'd probably just cut the door around the stickers, might be more work, but less risk of ruining the them forever. (I'd be a little hesitant ripped stickers)
Yep thats what i`m gonna do because they are not coming off. Also how much would a used drivers side window motor be worth because they must have given me a new one with the new door cuz the old ones still in the original door.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 99monguse
Stickers CANNOT be duplicated since they are printed on the assembly line. I had to have my SS drivers door fixedf and the bodyshop just did a door skin and you can't tell at all!
When I had a Mustang some guy T-boned me and the body shop did this for me as well
Old 09-12-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found it!

http://www.window-sticker.com/

They do SPI Labels as well, aka: RPO door stickers.