General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Z/28 to a SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firefighter813x
I'm bringing this back. What about this... I have B4C, neither a Z28 or SS. I do have a SS spoiler and a Sunoco hood. I don't have any emblems, but would like to put some on. Technically I could put either on, because it's a cop car. I wouldn't call it either or, but it obviously has a B4C RPO code. BTW, i just checked the inside of the door and it doesn't say Z28.

I have seen some badges that say Camaro in cursive, I think they are retro badges too. What about the LS1 badges or a 346 c.i. badge (ha ha I love the guys that have 350c.i. on the side )
Old 11-03-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

A Conversion that isn't factory on any car Mustang to Cobra, Trans Am to WS6 Trans Am,Z28 to SS etc is ******* GAY
Old 11-03-2008, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
Who said that those of us with Z28's are 15hp inferior..

Merv>SS..

You don't count Merv hahaha
Old 11-04-2008, 06:20 AM
TECH Resident

im glad alot of you guys have the same opinion i did when i had my SS...It pisses me off to see clones...wether its a camaro, T/A, or mustang. The hood and the spoiler no probs...but dont throw the badges on and try to pass it as somthing its not...you bought it, drive it.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:27 AM
TECH Resident

find out what the SS has and go for better
Old 11-04-2008, 06:52 AM
11 Second Club

I put a WS6 hood on my Formula because I like the hood and because it's my money. Anyone who has a problem with that can kiss my @$$!

That's exactly the attitude you need. Then make your car look the way you want it to. But I do agree on not adding SS badges. Then you're sort or false advertising.

I guess that's where us Pontiac guys are lucky. There is no WS6 badge on our drivers or passengers doors even on the original WS6's. They are supposed to say Trans Am or Formula so nothing really looks out of place.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

throw some retro z/28 badges on it. thats badass and z28 pride.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

You know, If you can do it for cheaper than at the factory. who cares about the WU8 code. who cares as long as you don't try to sell it as an original ss. I had an ultra z hood with all the badging of an ultra Z, decided I liked the SS hood, it looks better, I swapped it out. It's your car...do what you want.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just put the SS equipment on it and add a lil flair to your Z/28 badges. Look for a nice Z28 set that is diferent but not gaudy. Although I would skip the SS hood and go for the sunoco. The spoilers good though.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

I say do what you want. It's your car and your money. Badge it however you want. Just don't sell it as something it's not. Tell prospective buyers it's a Z/28,T/A.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by sdavis2702
You don't count Merv hahaha
I'm just a regular old Z28 man..

Originally Posted by WSsick
throw some retro z/28 badges on it. thats badass and z28 pride.
Yup..

I have a Retro Z28 Badge on my Center Console, I was in Sonic one time and the kid that brought my food out saw it and was like "Is that a Special Edition?"..

This is how I had my Auto..

And here is my new one for my T56 conversion..
Old 11-09-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by mr.z28
as long as u dont add the badges its cool...
Old 11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Doesnt surprise me this question comes up from a mustang man....
Old 11-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Banned

Default Spend more to the same ****! BIG DEAL!

Does it really matter if YOU or the DEALER put the **** on to make it an "SS"? Either way even an "SS" starts out as a F*in' Z-28 at one time. When people ask you about it just tell them you decided to save your money and do it yourself...like those who self mod vs. having SLP high dollar **** on their rides from the dealer!

Here is the ONLY true difference...

MORE $'s for GM
Old 11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Regular

I have a TA and didn't want to spend the extra dough for the WS6. I liked the hood but I wanted custom rims.So I bought TA and put the rims I wanted on and for a little something different put a WS9 hood on it (ram air hood w/firehawk heat extractors). I am making a badge to look similar to the WS6 badge but it says WS6.5 because I have a 395 stroker. It's ok to build what you want just don't pose as an actaul SS owner. Like most said keep the Z28 badges or take the badges off completely.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hell, put a SS Spoiler on it and a Sunoco Hood; add in some nice wheels and it will look much better then a factory SS.

***I am not a fan of the SS Hood.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If it's a Z28 and I was thinking of cloning it to an SS I'd probably do all of the appearance stuff but replace the factory Z28 badges with the 69 style Z28 badges that looks sweet as hell. There is nothing wrong with cloning the appearance, just every LS1 enthusiast would frown upon the car being badged as an SS when it's only a Z28, but it's your car and if you want it to look exactly like an SS including badging then there is nothing wrong with that because it's your car. Lord knows I have a 30th Blue WS6 badge on my Formula, it's not a real WS6 and yes I wish I could've had a real WS6 Formula but I never had that chance to buy one so... I like having the WS6 badge on my car and most importantly it's my car! I like the WS6 badge cloned WS7 idea but there so many variations of it and no one makes a good knock of the factory 30th Anniv. WS6. Hmmm... Just now thinking about it the idea of a W66 Formula Package badge would be pretty sweet since Formula's are so rare and no one notices Formula's as a Formula. Anyway going off topic.

Last edited by 1 Bad Ass Formula; 11-12-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had an SS and have a Z now. It will look better than the SS ever did when I am done with it and hell no I would never put SS badges on a Z.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am going to resort back to some posts I made a few weeks ago:

"Now I partially disagree. Changing a hood or a spoiler in my opinion is just fine. It is personal preference and adding a little twang to a regular z28 is fine with me. Anybody that really knows our cars would know there is very little (I know there is some)difference between an SS/ws6 and a z28/TA/Formula performance wise...it is way more looks and the fact that "my car paid a visit to SLP and yours didnt, HA." That is a completely different story for other cars that have a HUGE gap in performance...I have seen GTR maximas and even saw a vid of a GTR Mustang GT THat is what I call being a poser...Saying SS in your license plate may be pushing it a little too much if you have a z28, but then again in this guys case he has a 94 abs says so...there was no 94 SS anyways...I dont like when guys put Z28 badges on v6s.

I have a 94 lt1 trans am and I am thinking about getting the ws6 hood and the ws6 was not even an option in 94...At one point I even thought about doing the 98+ body conversion. If I did the suspension, looks and performance upgrades to make my car just as good, if not better than a real Ws6; I may even put a ws6 badge on the bumper. SOme may call that poser, but I wouldn't of hesitated to state I drove a base M6 94 lt1 and I def would have gotten a personalized plate saying it was lt1 powered. It is just personal preference. People add z06 wheels to regular corvettes and some get the brake vents as well...that is okay IMO as long as you dont throw ZO6 badges on it too. The fastest (or maybe second fastest) lt1 in the world has the 98+ body conversion and lt1 guys here all over the place are rocking ls1 taillights and from the back...who can tell the difference? That is not poser. True, most guys change a hood or put on badges because they simply like the look or idea of owning it so much...Off topic, but Has anyone ever gone from a ls1 body style to a lt1???

One guy on here has lt1 taillights on his ls1 TA...is he trying to pose as an lt1? Of course not. Some SS/ws6 guys change their hoods to ws7s, firehawk hoods, cowl hoods etc...They just wanted/needed something different. I am giving lots of examples, but it all comes down to the individual and what they consider poser.

I know I contradict myself here a lot(getting on the guy about SS in his license plate, and zo6 badges on a base c5-c6 and here I am saying I would throw ws6 badges on my car), but if the biggest difference between two cars (ie. z28 and SS) is where one went after the factory...I don't see a problem. Especially if you mod your z28 with all the upgrades to make it just as good if not better than the /ws6SS. I am proud of what I own, but I also see the appeal in customizing the performance and looks of a car. Just my .02...it was really long...it is more like 75 cents "
Old 11-12-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

"You think you dislike them...Imagine how pissed those Ferrari and Lambo guys are when they see a $2,000 fiero with an $8,000 body kit, deleted muffler, and shnazzy interior and the driver is picking up the same naive/dumb, big breasted, gold digging bimbos that they are....but they spent $400,00 ++++ Sure, they can smoke him, but in Miami I see little, old, expressionless(from the countless botox injections) men and women driving these super cars and never take them past 70 mph No one wants to spend big money and then get copied or under appreciated. My mom's bf just bought an '08 Z06...he was pretty bewildered when one of his employees said she wanted to show him a "real" sports car and took him out in the parking lot to her '05+ yellow, Mustang V6 She no longer has a job...jk

I actually understand what you are saying very well and in all honesty I would prob feel differently if I had a genuine Ws6.. A lot of us f-body guys are so bloody cheap we rather catch the best bargain we can and then buy appearance mods afterwords. When I was going to buy my car there was another lt1 there that was a WS6, but it was 2K more with more miles and was an auto(I obviously wanted M6)...I rather get my own brand new hood for 4 or 5 hundred and get the performance parts that go along with it cheap on the web. If I had a formula a ws6 hood would be my first mod regardless if it was genuine or not. I would not want to constantly have v6 girls and boys pull up alongside me and say "nice car, we are twins."

Judging by most peoples standards I am a potential poser because I still plan to go on ebay and bid on some ws6 badges as soon as i get the hood or body conversion....Or maybe a TYPE R badge would look better "