General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Is there a market out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a market out there?

I am the head dealer for Kaenen. For yall that dont know who Kaenen is there one of the leading manufactors for fiberglass Mustang hoods. If you do a quick google search of them you'll see there is not one single complaint of there quality. We currently have hoods on several of the 10.5 outlaw cars such as Tim Lynch and Brad Brands cars. There hoods are top of the line hoods.

I have been tryin to figure out if there is a market out there for the camaro's corvette's and gto's. Is there anyone making a SUPER nice hood for those cars? As far as fit and finish goes. I have ask'd them before to make a cowl hood or a ss hood for the 98-02 model camaro and they said no. I am thinking about offering them 5k just as a bonus to make them. But I want to see what you LS guys think first.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

ya there is definitely a market for hoods for the camaro anyway...as it stands right now, putting an ss hood or the sunoco cowl hood are the only two good options on a camaro and both are pretty common it seems, itd be nice to see some other hoods out there...
Old 10-01-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Id like to see something different out there. There is a market for them but there are also other companies that fill the void you are looking for. IMHO, you would need to come up with something new and exciting to get peoples attention towards your company. After you give us something new and exciting, then add in the same old stuff we are used to seeing and make a profit on it. Im no business expert, but I think that the best way it will work for you. Good luck and I hope to see a new design from you guys.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'd like to see the jong bloed style come back. Especially for the 93-97 F-bodies as I can only find them for 3rd gen camaros. The companies that made them stopped in my opinion because they came out too early. Now that the lsx scene is exploding it would be nice to see them for 93-02 models. I definately would buy one
Old 10-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Your going to have to for give me but whats the jong hood?? Ive look'd at a couple of the hoods out there for the camaro's and vettes but I just dont see anything that is reasonable priced and great quality....Corvette hoods are 800-2000 and still have a day of prep work to do.

I'm still working on this Im going out to sema in nov to look around see if theres anything there that I can get an idea from and hopefully come back and get this rolling.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

yes, i would like to see some new good quality hoods. there aren't many choices when it comes to these cars. im actually looking for a hood right now(my factory hood is cracked)
Old 10-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Teching In

well im not going to have them over night if I can do this its proably going to be spring before I can release one...Do yall have any idea's style's that yall want to see?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Teching In

don't forget about the firebirds and the T/A's
Old 10-01-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

looking for something with some muscle. anything that doesnt look like a ricer please. maybe bring back some old muscle car scoops with a little new style mopar,chevy,pontiac,and olds.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

theres a market for them, but the problem is, i think it'll be hard to come up with something new that actually looks good. i cant think of a hood that would look good on a camaro besides either an SS or cowl hood. but if you can come up with something that looks good, you'll definately have buyers.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by racing66atv
don't forget about the firebirds and the T/A's
Yea what about us? We don`t have very many options either when it comes to hoods. I will actually be in the market for a new hood come this spring to and right now i`m leaning towards a WS9 hood but i hear the fit isnt worth a crap.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd like an aftermarket hood that fits.