General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

hatch poper

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hatch poper

My hatch still pops when I hit the button inside the car but the keyless entry no longer work with the hatch only still works for my doors. Anyone know how hard it is to program a new keyless entry to see if thats the problem?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's very easy to program a new remote. Just check out your owners manual. Takes about 30 seconds.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Default haha damn!

man I hate it when stuff like that happens it was sitting infront of me the whole time and posted up a new thread and everything now I feel stupid thanks man
Old 01-11-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

does it still make the sound of it opening but it just doesnt realease? if so then somewhere on here is the write up of how to just swap the spring out on it so no more problems
Old 01-11-2009, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

I swapped my spring out for a new one and it opens way better now.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DCsLS1
does it still make the sound of it opening but it just doesnt realease? if so then somewhere on here is the write up of how to just swap the spring out on it so no more problems
My hydrolic arms have goten pretty weak over the years so I push the pop button inside the car and it comes up a little bit then I have to walk over there and pull up on it a bit then go back a push the button one more time. So it does work sort of I think some new hydrolic arms will make it work alot better but as far as my keyless entry goes I push that 2x button and nothing happens no sounds or anything. The lock and unlock buttons still work been about a year since it stopped working and I am just now getting around to trouble shoot I need a spare keyless entry anyway because I only have the one so hopefully this is whats wrong so I can kill two birds with one stone.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by transam77
My hydrolic arms have goten pretty weak over the years so I push the pop button inside the car and it comes up a little bit then I have to walk over there and pull up on it a bit then go back a push the button one more time. So it does work sort of I think some new hydrolic arms will make it work alot better but as far as my keyless entry goes I push that 2x button and nothing happens no sounds or anything. The lock and unlock buttons still work been about a year since it stopped working and I am just now getting around to trouble shoot I need a spare keyless entry anyway because I only have the one so hopefully this is whats wrong so I can kill two birds with one stone.
If you piggy back a new spring size 5/8" diameter 2.5" long, this will make it so you only have to press the button once. This worked great for me.
http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ease_fix_2.htm
Old 01-12-2009, 02:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah dude, do the spring deal. It's probly not the hydralic arms. I bought a new remote a while ago...seems like it was about $50-60. I asked at the dealership how much it was to program the remote. They said another $50. I figured I could find out how to do it on here so I told them to suck it. Then I looked in my manual. Takes 30 sec and those a-holes wanted $50.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Teching In

cool thanks for the advice I will look into doing that. Going to get that remote first as soon as I get that working I will start on that.