General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

cruise control doesn't work after clutch change

Old 07-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cruise control doesn't work after clutch change

hey guys, i just recently replaced my clutch and now my cruise control doesn't work but it use to work before the clutch change. any ideas? where can i possibly start? LMK

thanks, toua
Old 08-01-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Regular

Clutch pedal height changed any? If so, the switch may not be engaged.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 4WOFURY
Clutch pedal height changed any? If so, the switch may not be engaged.
yea the clutch pedal height changed, so i will check the clutch switch and report back thanks!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Default Clutch Replaced-->Now Cruise Control Not Working

I just got my '98 Trans Am (6-speed manual) out of the shop after having the clutch hydraulics and clutch assembly replaced. Now my cruise control doesn't work. It was working up to the moment I took it to the shop. Did they likely leave something unplugged? This is certainly something they've done, but I want to speak intelligently on the subject. I want to be prepared for the argument of, "we don't go anywhere near that, so it couldn't be what we did".

EDIT: I found this thread after I posted here. However, there's no posted resolution. Like a newb I posted before searching adequately.

I did think the height of the clutch pedal is lower now than it was, but it could just be my imagination. I'd gotten used to driving my wife's manual transmission truck while my car was in the shop.

If it is related to clutch height, will it be a simple fix or are they gonna have to pull the transmission again?

Last edited by 120inna55; 02-22-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Was there any resolution to this? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks, mods for merging the threads.

Last edited by 120inna55; 02-22-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

There's a white switch that face forward and is supposed to be actuated when the clutch pedal is up. Check there. It's a cruise control disengage switch.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The cruise control disengage switch mentioned above is very easy to adjust. All you do it push the back of it until the switch is engaged by the clutch pedal arm. Also very easy to get to. Just pull the access panel under the steering wheel. Makes sure you don't rip the wire for the hatch switch.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Coy
The cruise control disengage switch mentioned above is very easy to adjust. All you do it push the back of it until the switch is engaged by the clutch pedal arm. Also very easy to get to. Just pull the access panel under the steering wheel. Makes sure you don't rip the wire for the hatch switch.
Even though this sounds simple enough, I think my best course of action is to return to the shop. I'm hoping they're honorable enough acknowledge that they are responsible for fixing it.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 120inna55
Even though this sounds simple enough, I think my best course of action is to return to the shop. I'm hoping they're honorable enough acknowledge that they are responsible for fixing it.
I took it back to the shop this morning. While I got the expected, "We don't have anything to do with the cruise control," he did at least hear me out without totally dismissing it. I used the information obtained from here and he had the switch adjusted within 10 minutes. Everything is working normally, now.

I can't thank you guys enough for your help.

And again, I appreciate the mods' patience and for merging the threads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cruise control doesn't work after clutch change