General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My Air Bag Light won't go off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question HELP - MY Air Bag Light wont go off?

NO Idea why? MY Air Bag light came on today and it wont go off? The fuse is not blown and I dont know what else to check? Anybode got anny idea's? Please help me if ya can. Thank You, Lata, Ark
Old 08-29-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were you I would disconnect all of the grounds by the red + terminal in the engine bay. Clean all the connectors and make sure that the post is getting a good ground into some raw metal. Re-connect everything and you should be cool.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank's for the TIP, I may try that! Lata, Ark
Old 08-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Launching!

My light has been on for 2 years.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Airbag light? yes lets leave a critical saftey system in a state of unknown operation, then when you collide with someone and the airbag doesn't go off the ins co can tell ya to F-Off for you injuries due to improper maintence
Old 08-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Well, the air bag kind of scares me more than a collision. A couple of years ago, I was involved in an accident (I was making a left turn at an intersection and some guy in a motorcycle decides to run the red light) and the last thing I saw before he hit me was the passenger side air bag crack the windshield like someone hit it with a sledge hammer. You can't believe how many police officers asked me if there was a passenger and if he/she collided with the windshield. Afterward, the car smelled like burnt plastic and there was smoke everywhere. Luckily, my seatbelt stopped me from colliding with the air bag (and anything else). All I suffered was a few bruised ribs. Other than insurance purposes, I really don't see the value of these. If sit too close to the steering wheel, the air bag inflates in your face and you break a nose, jaw, and/or neck. If you sit too far, the air bag deflates and you hit the steering wheel, same injuries and you may or may not go through the windshield. And if you manage to hit the air bag, you'll get the wind knocked out of you, get bruses on your chest and/or face, and possibly get some burns. Ever since that accident, that light has been on and I don't see the purpose of making it go away.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I look at vehicular crashes/fires/accidents all day long and it is painfully obvious that there are extreme benefits to having an airbag deploy and more importantly to be wearing a seatbelt. if you chose not to have an airbag system operating properly on your vehicle, thats fine, im sure there are good reasons behind you not wanting it to deploy, but they save far more lives while only contributing minor damage to the individual while if they werent there, the injuries to the individual would be severe and VERY possibly life threatening.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1 Guy
Well, the air bag kind of scares me more than a collision. A couple of years ago, I was involved in an accident (I was making a left turn at an intersection and some guy in a motorcycle decides to run the red light) and the last thing I saw before he hit me was the passenger side air bag crack the windshield like someone hit it with a sledge hammer. You can't believe how many police officers asked me if there was a passenger and if he/she collided with the windshield. Afterward, the car smelled like burnt plastic and there was smoke everywhere. Luckily, my seatbelt stopped me from colliding with the air bag (and anything else). All I suffered was a few bruised ribs. Other than insurance purposes, I really don't see the value of these. If sit too close to the steering wheel, the air bag inflates in your face and you break a nose, jaw, and/or neck. If you sit too far, the air bag deflates and you hit the steering wheel, same injuries and you may or may not go through the windshield. And if you manage to hit the air bag, you'll get the wind knocked out of you, get bruses on your chest and/or face, and possibly get some burns. Ever since that accident, that light has been on and I don't see the purpose of making it go away.
Wasn't the airbag, but the panel over the airbag being kicked out of the way, its on a strap that caused it to swing up (instead of into your face) and out of the way, it just so happens that the path and force with which is kicked breaks the windsheild. if the panel was a breakopen instead of a kickaway the windsheild wouldn't be broken.

the smoke and burned smell is the propellent used to inflate the bags.

after some idiot turned left infront of me and i smashed into him (green both ways) i will not have a daily driver WITHOUT a airbag.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

my airbag light was on for 3 years, then i got in an accident, the airbag deployed...
Old 09-02-2004, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

ever wonder just how much force is in one of those air bags.

a guy here locally took his out as his is not streetable adn they decided to have a lil fun and see what i would do.

check this out
Old 09-02-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

^^^

That would hurt, real bad....that was crazy
Old 09-02-2004, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
^^^

That would hurt, real bad....that was crazy
just think and thats bolted in everyones dash board on the passanger side
Old 09-04-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oooh thats hot! DAMMN!..

LOL! MORON!

Quick Reply: My Air Bag Light won't go off?