General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car almost got stolen... need to fix ignition now.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car almost got stolen... need to fix ignition now.

I can't believe this ****, but at Orland Bowl (nice suburb) of all ******* places, my car got broken into and ************* attempted to steal it. I'm going outside, my buddy Andy calls and says my lights are on...I'm like 'What the ****?' Get in the car. Lights on...won't go off, ignitions in the on position without any keys, car won't start...I'm so pissed I didn't even notice my steering column's cracked. CD's all over my seat, radar detector gone, back seat moved around. The three cars parked with me (another Z, two Mustang GT's) were all fucked with too. All with the time frame of a half hour. ******* petty *** ghetto-acting people. I was thinking of selling the car after this, but **** it, they're not going to stop me. I wish they would have taken it and killed themselves. *************. I only wish I could find them and do to their necks what they did to my steering column. So now I need to fix all this ****. I've had my car out and about for maybe two weeks, and this is what happens. I hate people.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:32 AM
TECH Junkie

damn that sucks man.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, people suck. Sorry to hear about that.

I was going to buy an anti-theft device called PowerLock, but after reading your post, I'm curious; can our cars be started by hotwire or breaking the column?

This device basically disables the starting mechanism completely (www.powerlock.com)

Although I'd much rather park a rabid pitbull near my car, or some sort of lethal shocking device..
Old 11-07-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

if theives know the (rather easy) way to get around the passkey then yes, the cars can be hotwired with little more than a resistor and meter
Old 11-07-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Orland bowl in orland park, IL?

I've gone there quite a few times, that is extremely sad to see in a nice area like that.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

They didn't know how to start the car but they got goddamn close. The way our keys are set up is the only thing that stopped them, but they sure as hell broke the steering column in the right way. Luckily my friend is like McGuyver so he jumped the started, we kept it running, so I could drive it to my other friend's dealership to have it looked at. To turn the damn car off, we had to yank the battery.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Damn bro sorry to hear about that! I live in illinois! Not too far from there either, im in joliet. I am learly about leaving my car in a parking lot. Such bullshit you have to worry about this crap!!!!!! Do you have insurance? Im pretty sure they will cover it if its going to be an expensive fix.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

My roommates 2002 Z28 was stolen by flat-bed truck here in Orlando. They found it using LoJack, but like yours the steering coulmn and ignition were fucked up. The dealership fixed it but they had to replace the entire coulmn and ignition and some airbag sensor. All in all it cost close to $900. Sorry to hear about it but luckily they didnt get away with the car. Hope it all gets fixed soon.

Drew
Old 11-07-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

that sucks bigtime. im very sorry to hear that. they mess up anything else in the car besides the column?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

Tint the windows with limo tint. Aim a shotgon at the window and attach it to the driver's handle. Next time someone tries jerk the handle BOOM!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nothing else got too badly messed up. They tried ripping off my grille, but I don't know how they thought that was possible. I know if I didn't have my wheel locks, the SS's would be gone, too. Radar detector and radar scrambler were both gone, CD's were gone through, and they moved my back seat off the hooks too. I'm just pissed off. I am selling this car, because I seriously think I'm cursed. I might just get a Formula.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sorry to hear about that.

I'd be scared of people trying to mess with my car if I had an LS1. I still want one but I might just de-badge it and hopefully people actually think it's a V6 (not only when they're thinking about what cars to steal but when they want to race me)
Old 11-07-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

well, you can put the standard grille back in, remove all batges and put a v6 ahast system on there (with a cutout at the y, of corse) cuz, well who in their right minds woudl want to steal a (stock) v6?
Old 11-07-2005, 07:26 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Originally Posted by 8banger
Nothing else got too badly messed up. They tried ripping off my grille, but I don't know how they thought that was possible. I know if I didn't have my wheel locks, the SS's would be gone, too. Radar detector and radar scrambler were both gone, CD's were gone through, and they moved my back seat off the hooks too. I'm just pissed off. I am selling this car, because I seriously think I'm cursed. I might just get a Formula.
It aint you man, there's just some seriously deranged/brain dead people walking around
out there. Hating them will just bring you
down to their level - F'em , fix it and forget it.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

you have full coverage right... to bad they didnt steal your wheels haha
Old 11-07-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cop Car
you have full coverage right... to bad they didnt steal your wheels haha
dude...seriously, if you feel that way you need a different car

i would much rather have some repairable damage to my car than have my car stolen, and get paid, even double what ts worth, adn going throughthe hassle of trying to find the exact car i wanted...again, possable insurance hike, and the fact i will have no car untill i do.

most of all the fact that if you woudl rather have the cash your car is worth, rather than the car, go sell yours and get a car you woudl rather keep the car with a little damage, than get the insurance money from it.

thats how i feel about comments like that :p
/raunt
Old 11-07-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I came up with an idea. I've seriously had some bad luck with my car with mods, it getting broken into, tickets, etc., so I think I might start over. I always wanted a hardtop, and a 6-speed, and strangely enough my friend found me a car with both of those things tonight and it's within my budget. So i may transfer some mods over and start with a new(er) LS1. I'm getting the car fixed as we speak, and I do love the car, but I don't think it likes me.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cephiros
well, you can put the standard grille back in, remove all batges and put a v6 ahast system on there (with a cutout at the y, of corse) cuz, well who in their right minds woudl want to steal a (stock) v6?
I actually was thinking about stripping it down. My car started as a sleeper but then I found my wheels for cheap, and discovered Corsa, and that was it.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Thats sucks man I always worry about people trying to jack my car that is why the interior is all stock the exterior is all stock the only things i put on are suspension mods and enigine mods. I have learned the easy way by seeing my brothers car get jacked three times within six months the first time the stole the car from in front of our house and the cops found it the next day the stereo system was missing and the rims were also missing. the second time they broke his window and took his stereo system. the third time they stripped the car they took dam near everything so the insurance just said it was totaled and payed him for the car. the thing is his car got jacked in three different citys the first time from our house the second from his place where he was living in carson city NV and the third place was sacramento at a friends house and we live in san jose
Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Damn man sorry to hear the bad news.... Did you have the factory alarm on, where the horn would honk & lights would flash if the doors were opened when activated?

Quick Reply: Car almost got stolen... need to fix ignition now.