Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitment Issues w/ PaceSetter Y Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fitment Issues w/ PaceSetter Y Pipe

Anyone else have problems with their PaceSetter Y Pipe? Where it has the flattened out part on the driver's side, mine is hitting the floorboard in both places. It is snug against the floor until the car is started and then it starts banging. Any suggestions on fixing it? I have tried putting all my weight on the end of the y to pull it down, but it just goes right back. Does anyone know where I can get some high temp rubber to put in between the pipe and floor to keep the noise down and to keep the heat from being transferred to the floor?
Old 09-18-2003, 09:08 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Fitment Issues w/ PaceSetter Y Pipe

I had to wedge a peice of wood in between my sub frame and the y-pipe and bend it down then a friend cut a peice of garden hose and put it on the floor board incase the y-pipe ever hits again; it create false knock nor ding up the floor board.

The wood idea worked really well for me.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

After you bent it down, did it stay or just go back up against the floor? Maybe my measly 210 lbs wasn't enough to bend it enough to keep it down.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

I pryed the y-pipe down placed a smal piece of wood between the pipe and the sub frame(underbody where it was hitting. Then i put a floor jack with a piece of wood to distribute the force evenly on the pipe and jacked it up. the y-pipe bent down slightly where I had placed the wood between the pipe and the car. You must use much caution with this method as NOT too make the y-pipe to thin(crush it). Be sure to check that you did not cause any underbody paint to be chipped. If it chipped be sure to paint it or put some silicone over it to inhibit rust. This worked for me and not everyone may want to use or agree with doing it this way. It did, howvever, get rid of that pain in the $%^ rattle!
Old 09-18-2003, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah I've got problems. Its got great clearence with the floor pan, yet it still bangs the hell out of it. I want to send this **** back to pacesetter in pieces and stomp a mudhole somebody's ***. This is ridiculous. If you got one of the Ys with the wrong flange for the I-pipe, you have to void your warranty just to make the **** fit at that point, much less the bending and/or heating to make it stop hitting the floorpan. I want a name from Pacesetter so I can beat him with this stupid pipe.!!!!

Y-Pipe
Old 09-19-2003, 10:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As said by Joe above.We jacked the car up,used a 2 by 4 6' long,wedged it inbetween the Y-pipe and floor and bent it down a bit.After I cut a heater hose down the middle and screwed it to the crossbrace it would hit under accelleration.
The Y is not the greatest but what do you expect for cheap $$
Old 09-19-2003, 11:14 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The y-pipe stayed bent where we left it. Once bent it is not an issue.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

I put an extra hanger on mine, since it did not have one on the drivers side. Bolted it right on where the heat shield is under the driver. works pretty damn well.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My setup only hit on the K-member.