Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me pick gauges

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default help me pick gauges

looking to go with a triple pillar setup when i get my car back. Im thinking A/F, Fuel Pressure, and idk what else to get. I dont like the way 2 gauges look, i think it should be 3 or none. Not a ricer thing, just a preference. Ive also thought about going with aeroforce interceptor(s).

what woul dbe a good combo of gauges for Cam only or H/C setup?
Old 12-01-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel pressure, trans temp, and wideband I suppose, but some people don't find the wideband accurate or useful so it's more of a place holder at times. It'd be better to have it boost, but that obviously requires some other parts..
Old 12-01-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the aeroforce interceptor gauge and its bad *** alittle pricy but worth the money. The A/F gauge is a nice light show if you ask me... but to each there own. The fuel pressure is always good to watch I watch mine more than the speed O. You could get a exhaust gas temp but that could get expencive too. If your getting the interceptor thats prety much the all in one gauge. Here's a pic of mine http://mycarpics.shutterfly.com/215
Old 12-01-2008, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you had an A4 I'd say get trans temp but you don't need it for an M6. I'm in the same boat, don't know if the A/F gauge is worth it or just a pretty 'light show'. You could always get a good oil pressure gauge, or water temp for that matter. I know we have the stock ones in our cars but a good 'full sweep' gauge would be more accurate and not tend to bounce around as much.

The Aeroforce gauges are nice but I don't know if you can link three together, although you can link 2 together. But each gauge will have 2 readouts and you can set it to 'cycle' through different readouts so you potentially have a lot more than 4 readouts w/ 2 gauges.

You could always get a nitrous pressure gauge but that would also require....well, nitrous! But you'd enjoy it!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

why not get a water temp gauge? everyone knows the bullshit factory gauge dont signal a problem till its too late anyway. could be a very useful tool especially when comparing runs at the track or accurate temps for different weather etc. i enjoy being able to moniter it in real time as opposed to a needle that just points in one spot.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
why not get a water temp gauge? everyone knows the bullshit factory gauge dont signal a problem till its too late anyway. could be a very useful tool especially when comparing runs at the track or accurate temps for different weather etc. i enjoy being able to moniter it in real time as opposed to a needle that just points in one spot.
The interseptor gauge will show you the actual temp of the coolant.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kharmichead
I'm in the same boat, don't know if the A/F gauge is worth it or just a pretty 'light show'. You could always get a good oil pressure gauge, or water temp for that matter. I know we have the stock ones in our cars but a good 'full sweep' gauge would be more accurate and not tend to bounce around as much.

The Aeroforce gauges are nice but I don't know if you can link three together, although you can link 2 together. But each gauge will have 2 readouts and you can set it to 'cycle' through different readouts so you potentially have a lot more than 4 readouts w/ 2 gauges.
i know there are people with 3 interceptors. Idk about linking all 3, but could u run them independantly??? ive thought about a water gauge too.

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
werd, my last motor blew up cuz it ran lean and got too hot and i never saw a flick of the needle

Originally Posted by conan
I have the aeroforce interceptor gauge and its bad *** alittle pricy but worth the money. The A/F gauge is a nice light show if you ask me... but to each there own. The fuel pressure is always good to watch I watch mine more than the speed O. You could get a exhaust gas temp but that could get expencive too. If your getting the interceptor thats prety much the all in one gauge. Here's a pic of mine http://mycarpics.shutterfly.com/215
You can get new interceptors for $220 on ebay, which isnt too much more than a good autometer, or at least the extra money is worth it

im still leaning toward 2 autometers and a interceptor. Id like an A/F just to have an idea or how its running. I dont have a merge in my exhaust so ive thought about 2 A/Fs to monitor each bank... or two interceptors for an A/F for each side, and whatever else it could monitor on indvidual banks.

i still have a month to decide, so lets keep shootin ideas around
Old 12-02-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

You could get a blower or some go gas, those would need a gauge

Quick Reply: help me pick gauges