Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 vs FAST 90/90 vs Fast 92/92

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drewwrxrogers

Price diffrence aside...Even if it was a great deal used and cost only 500 bucks more....15 horsepower isnt worth that TO ME!!!
Then why even start this thread? Your the kind of guy who ****** up tech with stupid threads.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Were you at the LSx shootout? I pitted next to a guy with near the same setup as you have now.
Nope. But I'd like to attend one. How did it run?
Old 12-17-2008, 03:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro396
Nope. But I'd like to attend one. How did it run?
Honestly? Not too well, haha. but i he was having ***-loads of problems with the clutch/PP/etc.

Really good guy and family though! He was pissed and cussing about 80% of the weekend and making pass after pass after pass.....

Me...I make 4 passes, brake the bellhousing in half on my A3, and get drunk and have a blast the rest of the weekend....hahaha

I think he did eventually get it straightened out though(thanks to alot of help from Tick Perf) and ran a new best though! I think it was a high 11? Must have been a stock c.i. cam only car with stock heads i think. It was on slicks and skinnies though (m6 car) off a 2-step.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Raise your hand if you're a dumbass.

And after you buy the FAST intake AND the TB that was used...what was the total...$1200-$1500 = 30whp v.s. $300 = 15-20whp??????

I mean wow....What else could you buy for $700-$1000 bucks that would add more WHP that you would save by buying the LS6?
Unfortunately there's plenty of us vette guys that pay $700-$1200 for LT's/ORX just to get that extra 20RWHP Of course I got mine used for MUCH less than that!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Honestly? Not too well, haha. but i he was having ***-loads of problems with the clutch/PP/etc.

Really good guy and family though! He was pissed and cussing about 80% of the weekend and making pass after pass after pass.....

Me...I make 4 passes, brake the bellhousing in half on my A3, and get drunk and have a blast the rest of the weekend....hahaha

I think he did eventually get it straightened out though(thanks to alot of help from Tick Perf) and ran a new best though! I think it was a high 11? Must have been a stock c.i. cam only car with stock heads i think. It was on slicks and skinnies though (m6 car) off a 2-step.

Man thats no good. I dread my car not running good. I hope it does though. MS4 cam car, 241 heads, Victor JR, Elbow, 92mm NW TB, Longtubes, Bullet Mufflers, TH350 Trans, Brake, 5000 UCC converter, 4.10s, full suspension, gutted, glass hood, no ps, no ac, kirky, slicks n skinnies, blah blah blah.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

No need for that. Everyone has their reasons to do what they do to their car.
Thanks man. Il hit solid 11's wich is my overall goal with this setup no problem. And if I get a lot of **** for losing to a guy with a fast who runs a tenth faster......I'll take the money I saved on the heads and Intake to buy a very nice Spray kit and look back and shake my head.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks man. Il hit solid 11's wich is my overall goal with this setup no problem. And if I get a lot of **** for losing to a guy with a fast who runs a tenth faster......I'll take the money I saved on the heads and Intake to buy a very nice Spray kit and look back and shake my head.
Until you have a nitrous backfire and wish you had the burst panels of the FAST.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

This thread just proved why I didn't buy the heads you had for sale.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badrz28
This thread just proved why I didn't buy the heads you had for sale.
Yeah....that makes total sense....idiot! Sold the whole kit for 900 local anyway. And take a look dumbass.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...stock-cam.html

Here is some of what your Fast intake can do.....Just dont have the money for it. But about the heads....Your wrong my friend.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i gained 35rwhp/10rwtq OVER with a ported FAST 90/90 over the Ls6 intake and stock TB (non P&P)...

let's see bought 90/90 for $900 the previous owner installed, started, but 0 road miles, and sold the Ls6 intake I had for $350. so for $550 dollars I feel it was worth it. oh and this was with the 224 cam and Ls6 Stage II heads already on the car. this was a simple intake/TB swap and retune...
Old 12-17-2008, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
i gained 35rwhp/10rwtq OVER with a ported FAST 90/90 over the Ls6 intake and stock TB (non P&P)...

let's see bought 90/90 for $900 the previous owner installed, started, but 0 road miles, and sold the Ls6 intake I had for $350. so for $550 dollars I feel it was worth it. oh and this was with the 224 cam and Ls6 Stage II heads already on the car. this was a simple intake/TB swap and retune...
Were you on the same dyno? Holy cow! Your telling me you gained 35rwhp over what you did with the ls6 intake! How much did you gain with the LS6? 10? Thats like 45whp from just the intake??? IDK man....Somthings not adding up.....thing even the FAST users will back me up on this one...that cant be rite....if it is....im very impressed.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Were you on the same dyno? Holy cow! Your telling me you gained 35rwhp over what you did with the ls6 intake! How much did you gain with the LS6? 10? Thats like 45whp from just the intake??? IDK man....Somthings not adding up.....thing even the FAST users will back me up on this one...that cant be rite....if it is....im very impressed.
here's some reading for you (my write-up):
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...tons-pics.html

it all adds up. same dyno..

even took it over to LG Motorsports the same day with only the drive time between the two shops and showed gains of 30rwhp/5rwtq. no BS there...

give me a second and ill pull the before and after dyno sheets from LG to show im not pullin anyones leg...
Old 12-17-2008, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Ls6 intake/stock TB dyno results:

retune after FAST 90/90 results...note: same date, just drive time between shops...

RPM:shop who did install and retune...

LG Motorsports:for comparison purposes
Old 12-17-2008, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

now, i guess if you want to split hairs over a +/- 5rwhp/rwtq difference between 2 dynos, then feel free. considering the multiple varialbes in regards to dynos, the gains are solid as shown between the two, respectively...

most people will/have said these results arent typical and i agree, however there are other individuals out there who have had the similar results i have. regardless, these people are impressed. its all about purchasing and using components that compliment each other.

i found that for my application the Ls6 intake was my choking point. i changed that. for me and my experience, the Ls6 was a waste of time and money. im happy that i went with the FAST 90/90...
Old 12-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Internet Mechanic

What a stupid thread, we need some NWS pics or something.....
Old 12-17-2008, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im going to go out on a limb and say this is a little over op's head...just let him think what he thinks...
Old 12-17-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
What a stupid thread, we need some NWS pics or something.....
haha, there's been alot of them lately....stupid threads that is.

Now post some pics lol
Old 12-17-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like you are good with a LS6. My car originally came with a Ls1 intake. I upgraded to a LS6/Ported TB, then to a Fast 90/90. Now i am Edelbrock Vic. Jr w/ high flow elbow and Edelbrock TB.

I guess to me what i learned is get the best, because I GUARENTEE YOU in time you will begin questioning "I wonder how much is sitting on the table not having a fast 90/90?". And before you know it, you will be in the classified's looking for one. I'm not a Fast nut-swinger by any means. Hell, I could care less if you run a truck intake. Just don't look like a close-minded fool(you were in the beginning of this thread) insinuating people are wasting money on a fast, or "only spending the extra $$$ because of a name"

Good luck with it bro!
Tim

PS-->I need the money! hahahaha
nicely put tim!

bet you dont need it as much as me.. haha.. or i could be wrong!

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
Your going with a MS series cam and a LS6 intake. Good for you. Not only will you be crying about your low torque numbers around town, you will be crying about low HP numbers as well. Any MS series cam loves RPM"S. Im sure we didnt have to tell you that. The FAST picks up 20 HP at LEAST.... Threw the ENTIRE RPM band. This MS cam is going to hate you for going with a LS6. To each there own I guess, But all these people who have a FAST, understand that at the dino and the track.... its that little "extra" that made you faster than the guy next to you.... with an LS6.
true true... said over and over.... those cams NEED TO BREATH!!!!

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
Until you have a nitrous backfire and wish you had the burst panels of the FAST.
hahahaha, this guy just cants win.. lmao nice reply!

through an a4 with stock heads and went from 323s to 410s i picked up 35rwhp..

if i had heads it would have been a little more increase with the intake, and the 410s robbed a little more hp than the 323s... im also an a4...
so a 40rwhp increase with a god sized cam and heads, i would say is very believable..
Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

^ I am leaning towards the MS3 anyway at this point. The power comes on quick and seems like it doesn't need huge room up top. Thanks for all the info guys. Maybe when I do a much larger build I will decide to go with the FAST. Just dont feel that it is worth the money to power increase ratio on this one. Not to mention I don't think that even though it is capable of more...I would never need to use it.

Didnt mean to seem stuburn...just rite of the bat I get the so typical SEARCH button comment and it's like...uhh I am asking a direct ? here. Thanks again.
Dude..... MS3 is KNOWN for LOW bottom and and HIGH topend power.

Put down the crack pipe.........
Old 12-17-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ I am leaning towards the MS3 anyway at this point. The power comes on quick and seems like it doesn't need huge room up top.
Thats almost a quote worthy BS line.

Yea, MS3 power comes on quick and doesnt need huge room up top. You REALLY need to learn more about this cam you are installing. You have it 100% backwards.

Quick Reply: LS6 vs FAST 90/90 vs Fast 92/92