Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers are installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pics of ground clearince?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

That's hard core right there! When I was a mechanic were I worked at the big International trucks wouldn't fit in the shop. In the winter we built a tent around the bottom and blew a salamander heater up my *** to keep warm.

Nice looking headers.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a beast; can only imagine what it sounds like driving past.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice headers. I plan on upgrading to 1 7/8 ARH in the future. Props for doing it in the cold, my *** would have frozen to death... I couldn't imagine doing that job with cold hands and cold steel + no heater!!! ouch.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Default arh

I put the same system on my hawk, guess whats next.. yeah some cam action. i did that to, then changed the lm1 to magnaflow with dmh electric cutout. now thats sweet...
Old 02-03-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSmoken
good deal. talk about desperate lol. i think i would have waited till spring.
LOL, not desperate. I work outside alot for a living so I only wait on Spring,... to wear shorts

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
pics of ground clearince?
No, sure don't. My SLP Loudmouth is lower than the headers. I just looked! I need to turn the clamp cause the bolt is low. ARH headers and Y are not low on my Hawk.

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
That's hard core right there! When I was a mechanic were I worked at the big International trucks wouldn't fit in the shop. In the winter we built a tent around the bottom and blew a salamander heater up my *** to keep warm.

Nice looking headers.
Thanks man!
LOL LOL! Yup, I work outside just about every day. Been working on a 3208 Cat Terragator outside, that's 12' wide and won't fit in our big *** shop either! Yea I froze, but not because of the headers and Y!

Originally Posted by transambroli
Sounds like a beast; can only imagine what it sounds like driving past.
Thanks, that's what I hope it sounds like. I like to hear a car. Sound doesn't bother me. But I want it to sound good at WOT, and when just cruiseing, I want it to be calm, like it is until I punch it.That is hopefully coming this weekend!

Originally Posted by Chrome355z
Nice headers. I plan on upgrading to 1 7/8 ARH in the future. Props for doing it in the cold, my *** would have frozen to death... I couldn't imagine doing that job with cold hands and cold steel + no heater!!! ouch.
Thanks, yea you guessed it! Cold hands, that was the worst, well that and my rear on the concrete! Mine did freeze!

Originally Posted by hawk18
I put the same system on my hawk, guess whats next.. yeah some cam action. i did that to, then changed the lm1 to magnaflow with dmh electric cutout. now thats sweet...
LOL, nope, for me it's the Harmonic Balancer/ Crank Pulley, just ordereed it yesterday! So I take it the cam just made it too loud? I'm holding off on the cam. The magnaflow is nice!
Old 02-04-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did the 02 extensions that came with the headers hook up well, and did your car throw any codes after?
Old 02-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like that y-pipe.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dondb
Did the 02 extensions that came with the headers hook up well, and did your car throw any codes after?
I had already ordered a set from ebay, when I opened the box and saw that a set of gaskets and extensions were put in the box, free.
I knew about the plugs and wires and shipping being at no charge. So I used the ebay ones, and both kinds looked the same. It threw 2 codes when I first let it idle for 45 min on the jack stands. The front 02 sensor heated code and the rear passenger 02 code. I re set it with the hand held reader and everything has been great since.

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
I really like that y-pipe.
I do too! It fit perfect, and that catted Y gave me the sound I was hoping for. It looked even bigger than the new SLP Y I had put on with the loudmouth when I took that stock slp flat Y off.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was surprised to find the gaskets and 02 extensions also in the box...just by luck i didn't buy them. I bought mine directly from ARH and ended up paying 75 dollars more then what i saw on a sponsers sale that included plugs and wires Anyway, i'll be putting my new ARH headers on in another month or so along with my new tranny and stall from Performabuilt.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dondb
I was surprised to find the gaskets and 02 extensions also in the box...just by luck i didn't buy them. I bought mine directly from ARH and ended up paying 75 dollars more then what i saw on a sponsers sale that included plugs and wires Anyway, i'll be putting my new ARH headers on in another month or so along with my new tranny and stall from Performabuilt.
Yea I was very surprised!
That's still a good price for you since you saved on the gaskets, and 02 extensions! Enjoy, cause they really helped the sound on my car with their high flow cats and Y!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

I remember when I first got my QTPs... I was soo excited that I wanted them installed in about 6 hours, it was my first time too, because I wanted to go drive around with them on
Old 02-05-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

They looks nice and sound great! I wish I would have layed something over my fenders, I scratched the hell out of my car when I was doing intake/header swap.

SS DNA, I really like that avatar. That's one of the best angles a guy can be at, gives her something to do while you're practicing photography skills
Old 02-05-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS DNA
I remember when I first got my QTPs... I was soo excited that I wanted them installed in about 6 hours, it was my first time too, because I wanted to go drive around with them on
LOL! You got that exactly right! It was my first header, and I didn't give a hoot about the temp except, how fast can I get them on, but do it right. That cold made it slow, but it's done now.

[QUOTE=colby72olds;10993257]They looks nice and sound great! I wish I would have layed something over my fenders, I scratched the hell out of my car when I was doing intake/header swap.
Thanks. Yea, I was worried about all the leaning over the motor with alot of clothes on
Old 02-06-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I've done headers outside in January and it sucks. Props to you on that one.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those wires look familiar , did they come with the headers?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
I've done headers outside in January and it sucks. Props to you on that one.
Thanks man! Yea, that's the only answer for it. Atleast now I'm doing the Underdrive pulley and it's 45 degrees.

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Those wires look familiar , did they come with the headers?
Had alot of your little goodies in that big box. FYI, I thanked you in the sponsor feedback. https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...nce-parts.html
Thanks again Chris!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
It was cold and snowing and around 25 degrees, but had no problems just sticking the headers right into place. Very impressed with ARH and their catted Y. I have the Loudmouth 1 with the ARH and alot of the drone and rasp that some complained about are gone. Either way I love the sound.

Congrats on the install I think your crazy doing it the cold tha's dedication.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tom@ARH
Congrats on the install I think your crazy doing it the cold tha's dedication.
Thank you! Yes I know, but it was fun since the quality is so damn good!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
Thanks man! Yea, that's the only answer for it. Atleast now I'm doing the Underdrive pulley and it's 45 degrees.

Had alot of your little goodies in that big box. FYI, I thanked you in the sponsor feedback. https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...nce-parts.html
Thanks again Chris!

Hehehe saw that thank you, I just dont get to see my wires in a pic in a thread very often...LOL

Quick Reply: American Racing Headers are installed