Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers are installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds awesome, Im deciding between kooks and arhs, Im leanin towards arhs though.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarosam22
Sounds awesome, Im deciding between kooks and arhs, Im leanin towards arhs though.
Thanks man! Yea just do yourself a favor and search. That's what I did for about 1 year. There are some nice Headers out there, I'm just glad I paid the extra bucks for the quality and fittment.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

i'm leaning towards these.......http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=899&catid=45

why ARH and not Texas Speed?
Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by boostnificent
i'm leaning towards these.......http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=899&catid=45

why ARH and not Texas Speed?
They are nice, but not stainless. I only plan on doing headers once, not every couple of years. Just like it says "Ceramic coating provides years of trouble free performance" I searched stainless, cause it last alot longer than years. They are nice but just not stainless. I didn't buy ARH for the horse power gain, if any. Yes I know, everyone wants the most power. I went for quality and fittment. And any time my boy rides with me I would lose that so claimed 25 HP On his weight alone.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey sleepinghawk, did you have to raise the motor at all or did they slide right in? Replace motor mounts? Thanks for the info, I'm about to pick up a set of these.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02WS6SSZ71
Hey sleepinghawk, did you have to raise the motor at all or did they slide right in? Replace motor mounts? Thanks for the info, I'm about to pick up a set of these.
No raising of the motor or installing new motor mounts. The passenger side went right in, no problems. The driver side , had to jack the car up a few more inches after the first try, then it also slid right in. I read about the jacking of the motor, and so many saying changing the motor mounts, but I saw no need to have to change the mounts. It's hard to believe but the higher you can lift it, the better it is. Look at the 3rd picture on the first page of this thread and see how far I had to jack the car additional to get the driver side in.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
They are nice, but not stainless. I only plan on doing headers once, not every couple of years. Just like it says "Ceramic coating provides years of trouble free performance" I searched stainless, cause it last alot longer than years. They are nice but just not stainless. I didn't buy ARH for the horse power gain, if any. Yes I know, everyone wants the most power. I went for quality and fittment. And any time my boy rides with me I would lose that so claimed 25 HP On his weight alone.
ok i didn't realize they were stainless. where can i find a price on them? there is no price on their website.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wen't thru a sponsor on here This is the link to him. He had the best price at the time. Free shipping and free plugs and wires. His name is Chris, and you can pm him for price if you have any problems going thru the website. That's what I did.I wanted to make sure of what I wanted and he helped me a few times get my order right.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...an-racing.html
Old 02-08-2009, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

I wen't thru a sponsor on here This is the link to him. He had the best price at the time. Free shipping and free plugs and wires. His name is Chris, and you can pm him for price if you have any problems going thru the website. That's what I did.I wanted to make sure of what I wanted and he helped me a few times get my order right.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...an-racing.html

thanks! i'll shoot him a pm. not sure which i'm gonna go with yet but i would like to see the price of both. thanks again
Old 02-08-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

No problem boostnificent!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Launching!

I was looking at the picture and I was wondering what is the 2 packages that look like their metal or something? Their flate and chrome.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was looking at the picture and I was wondering what is the 2 packages that look like their metal or something? Their flate and chrome.
They are stainless polished clamps If that's what you are looking at. Sorry, when the picture was taken, everything was pulled out of my car by my boy. They did not come with the headers. They were bought seperate, local.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Launching!

They are stainless polished clamps If that's what you are looking at. Sorry, when the picture was taken, everything was pulled out of my car by my boy. They did not come with the headers. They were bought seperate, local.
I didnt explain myself very well, I meant the flat chrome pieces in the blue package saying "easy seal". I was wondering if you could take a pic of the side of your car so I could see the ground clearence that they have, thanks.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didnt explain myself very well, I meant the flat chrome pieces in the blue package saying "easy seal". I was wondering if you could take a pic of the side of your car so I could see the ground clearence that they have, thanks.
That's what they are. Stainless band clamps. I'll have to get a picture later in the week. But the headers are not the lowest thing on my car!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, props on doing the install in such shitty conditions...I remember when I used to lay on my back in the snow without proper tools, no more of that bs and I'm only 26!

Good choice on going with ARH, do it once and do it right the first time!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

sleepinghawk, this thread is exactly what I was looking for. I am purchasing ARH LTs and cat'd Y shortly. I currently have the LM1 on my car and I couldn't find many examples of cars with LTs and cat'd Y's to decide if I need to swap out the LM1 bullet right away or not. After listening to your driving videos (and changing my pants) I am definitely going to leave my exhaust alone for now. (That is until perhaps heads/cam, etc!)
Old 02-23-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cobrakillerta
Damn, props on doing the install in such shitty conditions...I remember when I used to lay on my back in the snow without proper tools, no more of that bs and I'm only 26!

Good choice on going with ARH, do it once and do it right the first time!
Thanks!Yea the weather sucked! But the headers were so damn nice to work with, and I wasn't waiting for nothing. It does take a toll on you but it's all I have known.

Originally Posted by Y2KFirehawk
sleepinghawk, this thread is exactly what I was looking for. I am purchasing ARH LTs and cat'd Y shortly. I currently have the LM1 on my car and I couldn't find many examples of cars with LTs and cat'd Y's to decide if I need to swap out the LM1 bullet right away or not. After listening to your driving videos (and changing my pants) I am definitely going to leave my exhaust alone for now. (That is until perhaps heads/cam, etc!)
Glad it worked out for you. I searched on ls1sounds and street fire and youtube trying to get the sound that I wanted. Most cars are different. I love rasp and drone, and now I feel the catted Y's really helped on the rasp sound. I was worried the sound was going to be so bad after what everyone said about once you install headers. Well I disagree. I still want to do the sound at wot on the outside but I'm too busy with more projects on the Hawk! You can still keep it quiet as before the headers and Y if you just drive sensible when going thru the gears.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car sounds great sleepinghawk. I plan to install a catted Y with my LT install matched to my LM1. Like you said, I'm a little scared its going to be obnoxious loud. I'm hoping the cats help to tame it some. If it turns out close to what yours sounds like, I'll be satisfied. Good job man, again, your car sounds awsome.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:26 PM
11 Second Club

any ground clearance pics?
Old 04-18-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are there EGR connections on both headers? I thought when i looked at my manifolds I had an EGR on both sides? raining to hard atm to look again. Just curious is all, still be a bit before I order my ARH.

Quick Reply: American Racing Headers are installed