Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers are installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping to go get my car dyno'd before headers, and MIGHT make a guide based on our experience when we put them on. And get an after dyno with tune and post my results.
I wish I could get headers of the brain till it gets closer to order them!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TurdsOfMayhem
I'm hoping to go get my car dyno'd before headers, and MIGHT make a guide based on our experience when we put them on. And get an after dyno with tune and post my results.
I wish I could get headers of the brain till it gets closer to order them!
Its hard to, Ive been waiting for teh past several months, its hard to get our cars out of our minds.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=sleepinghawk;10965279]It was cold and snowing and around 25 degrees, but had no problems just sticking the headers right into place. Very impressed with ARH and their catted Y. I have the Loudmouth 1 with the ARH and alot of the drone and rasp that some complained about are gone. Either way I love the sound.

QUOTE]

Forgive my ignorance but what are the bolts/washers for that came in the bag with the O2 extensions? I just got my kit and have no idea what they're for.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sorry for asking but I'm going to go with arh headers also with catted y and I have Slp loud mouth also which ones did you go with 1 3/4 or 1/7/8 thanks
Old 03-08-2014, 02:27 AM
11 Second Club

That's what you get for over $1k headers. They slide right in
Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=DriveitlikeIstoleit;18070228]
Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
It was cold and snowing and around 25 degrees, but had no problems just sticking the headers right into place. Very impressed with ARH and their catted Y. I have the Loudmouth 1 with the ARH and alot of the drone and rasp that some complained about are gone. Either way I love the sound.

Forgive my ignorance but what are the bolts/washers for that came in the bag with the O2 extensions? I just got my kit and have no idea what they're for.
Honestly, that was years ago. I would have to guess I had stainless bolts ready for something underneath cause that's a zip up baggie. Those bolts did not come with the headers.

Originally Posted by 99 ss
I'm sorry for asking but I'm going to go with arh headers also with catted y and I have Slp loud mouth also which ones did you go with 1 3/4 or 1/7/8 thanks
I went with the 1 3/4 only because I wasn't going to be modding but so much. If I were you, if you're going to be modding a lot, I would post what my mods are now, then what power gains I'm looking for. While you're waiting for some responses, do a search and I'm sure you will find some good imput on who has what and what they wish they had gone with in the beginning. Don't be sorry for asking. That's how you save yourself from making big mistakes, by asking.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok thank you for getting back to me. I'm not planning on doing to much more may stall and later cam and that's it with a tune of course
Old 03-09-2014, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh and another thing I know you gained low end but how is the 1 /3/4 all the way around the power band like top end power and mid range
Old 03-10-2014, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99 ss
Oh and another thing I know you gained low end but how is the 1 /3/4 all the way around the power band like top end power and mid range
I have never taken it to the track, and the last time I did anything, was before the headers, against my son's modded GTP from 2nd to the end of 3rd. It has always, since the headers felt so much stronger, especially from 2nd on, but it would be considered the seat of the pants feel. I pretty much stay away from 1st gear. Don't need to be looking for a new rear! Love being in 5th cruising around 85 going thru route 81. It's not loud, steering is tight, and it has a great response when I want to pass at that speed and higher.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

We have been selling a lot of the Fbody ARHeaders lately

1 3/4
1 7/8
2" w/ 3 or 3.5" collectors
Stepped (call for custom apps)
Custom Ypipes
Old 03-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=sleepinghawk;18073393]
Originally Posted by DriveitlikeIstoleit
Honestly, that was years ago. I would have to guess I had stainless bolts ready for something underneath cause that's a zip up baggie. Those bolts did not come with the kit
I think the years passing have made you forget, lol... the same ones came with my kit! No worries, I appreciate you getting back to me. I'll try to do some more digging. I won't be installing them for another 3 weeks or so unfortunately.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=DriveitlikeIstoleit;18084602]
Originally Posted by sleepinghawk

I think the years passing have made you forget, lol... the same ones came with my kit! No worries, I appreciate you getting back to me. I'll try to do some more digging. I won't be installing them for another 3 weeks or so unfortunately.
You got me on this one. Only guess, since you have them also would be to hold the Y where the hanger piece goes. Where the 2 holes are on the Y.

Quick Reply: American Racing Headers are installed