Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals with 2 different types of mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default true duals with 2 different types of mufflers?

recently, one of my mufflers fell off because i didnt tighten the u bolt clamp down tight enough. yes, i am a dumbass.

but anyways i was curious if anyone has done duals with 2 different types of mufflers? my set up is pacesetter longtubes into TSP catless true duals 3" all the way.

currently im running them with no mufflers, but i still have a 3" dynomax bullet. would another muffler mix sound good with it? i dont really feel like spending money on more than one muffler to experiment with my options. thanks
Old 12-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you wont be able to really tell because the dynomaxs are loud and with two different mufflers it would be hard to distinguish between the two. If your looking for something quieter try moroso spiral flow bullets.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

alright. sounds like i'll be getting another bullet
Old 12-26-2010, 01:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If staying with a stock cam Id go sweet thunders, sounded deep and mellow on my car before the Heads/Cam. After the H/C it was way to loud
Old 12-26-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by somws6bird
If staying with a stock cam Id go sweet thunders, sounded deep and mellow on my car before the Heads/Cam. After the H/C it was way to loud
My cam only car with sweet thunders sounded bad ***! I just hated the clearance and always trying to adjust it to fit right. I got fed up and I'm going back to a y setup this spring.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by somws6bird
are you referring to using one sweet thunder and one bullet? or both sweet thunders?
Old 12-27-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000***camaro***ss
are you referring to using one sweet thunder and one bullet? or both sweet thunders?
I believe he is referring to replacing your current muffler with a pair of sweet thunders. They do sound amazing. This is an old video I made a few years ago of a car my friend had before he sold it.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My cam only car with sweet thunders sounded bad ***! I just hated the clearance and always trying to adjust it to fit right. I got fed up and I'm going back to a y setup this spring.
That is exactly what happened with me, along with it waking the neighbors and the dead up at night

And yes use a pair of sweet thunders. As I said before my H/C my car sounded amazing bolt on only

Quick Reply: true duals with 2 different types of mufflers?