Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks fbody dual fitment issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it looks much worse once the car is on the ground. A flat road or lot really makes it stand out.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by moneypit00
Looks like I'm going to have to buy a digital camcorder just for this fix. I'm going no where fast on this install and I don't think kooks believes me regarding these pics.

Hmmmmmm...7 hr drive to their shop..........I shouldn't have too!
I think actually going there may be good for them AND for future customers. They can see how this is fitting on other cars and they can get some "market research" so to speak.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Launching!

I guess I am keeping my GMMG I couldn't afford this one anyway and while my car isn't the best looking car around, that crooked tip would drive me nuts! Too much cash for that to happen. Nice system though, sounds killer but hope they fix this glitch, like I said, too much money for that to happen.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would be pissed if it was crooked like that too.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

f**k that, sorry about your luck dude!! kooks is usually on time with their fitment, every company can have a flaw once in a while though, it happens
Old 03-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow.....
Old 03-17-2011, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Talked to Chris from Kooks today. It's his car this kit was prototyped with. He told me It'll be at the shop tomorrow to inspect. Couldn't make it today because of rain. He seemed sincere and eager to help. I'll probably get a digicam later today. Hopefully have a video up showing details.
Remember, My problem may not be yours. A Camaro doesn't have to worry about the tips being set perfectly under a flat valance. If that were the only problem.
I do have some suggestions, but until I get a video to Kooks I'm not sure if they're interested.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

you guys who are dissing Kooks because of this are clueless...
Old 03-17-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
you guys who are dissing Kooks because of this are clueless...
Right

Kooks not dealing with a problem where someone bought something from them that's really expensive makes everyone else clueless. They haven't handled the situation appropriately so far from what this guy is saying. I would be pissed too.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

I'm off to best buy. I'll update this tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shockwave179
Right

Kooks not dealing with a problem where someone bought something from them that's really expensive makes everyone else clueless. They haven't handled the situation appropriately so far from what this guy is saying. I would be pissed too.
take it to a pro and see how faulted the system is. the tips on each side are angle similar like the muffler is too low.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
take it to a pro and see how faulted the system is. the tips on each side are angle similar like the muffler is too low.
What pro? Haven't you read the whole post before making comments? As a matter of fact the Corsa I took off was shipped with bad hangers. Right tip fit perfectly only when you wire tied the two hangers together leaving out the rubber piece. Did that one myself after LS1Motorsports (pro) sent me on my way with a crappy looking install. "they went out of business years ago"

Muffler too low? It's on the hangers with maybe a 1/2" below the opening of the valance at the top of the tip. Lift it up and it'll rub the paint off there too!

Last edited by moneypit00; 03-18-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:27 AM
On The Tree

just to show what I mean by the drivers side. Thats all one piece from tip to over axle pipe. For any one area that needs adjusted the entire piece must spin at the axis of the over axle pipe.
Attached Thumbnails Kooks fbody dual fitment issues-3-18-2011_001.jpg  
Old 03-18-2011, 03:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with this system. Hopefully KOOKS gets this sorted out, If not you should look for some type of compensation.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

moneypit00 i didn't mean to attack you, just with a lift and someone that does this for a living can make it happen...nothing personal. I worked at a fabrication shop through college and when you do it everyday it's a diffferent story, after some of the **** you see this project is a relief.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

OK, I've had time to cool down a bit. Better to talk without emotion. Here's what happened today.

Kook jr called me again. Told me my hanger position was correct the first time and didn't need flipped. We talked a bit. He explained that they should have made these with 10" mufflers instead of 12". This would have allowed them to gain clearance for clamp on tips. He offered to send me out a new one. Even offered to fab up a new one with a clamp on tip for the drivers side. This would have been nice since mine is short and needs the additional length anyway. He asked me to send my shipping info to him via email. Just like George did on monday. Then had me transferred to someone else so they could get that info right away.
Finally, I thought we were getting somewhere.........
I spoke to a woman who offered to take my information. Then I was asked about credit card info. "What's that for I asked" I thought she was refering to shipping. OK, not great but what the hell. "How much is it" I asked. She didn't know and had to call me back.
Then I get the return phone call. "How much" I ask again. And I'm not making this up. Direct from her. $550.00 They expected me to pay for a new drivers section and told me to go ahead and box mine up. When will call arrives on monday they'd refund the amount. Which leaves me to hunt down and pay for box and packing materials. This would be a very large box!
You'd think they would send a new one out first so I can just swap them out in the same box and inspect side by side. Nope. The only other option I was given was to send mine in advance and when they got it they'd send me a new one.
I'm not to keen on letting a $500+ part sit on the porch all day while my card has $500+ charged against it. No Way! Will calls offer no proof of shipment. So if it gets lost your screwed. Thats a $1100 mistake that I won't make. She then offered it at $250. NO dice even if I could. My card is maxed from a home window install. Which means another week has gone by. Another week wondering what the next week will bring.
Well Guess What! I'm done. Done with talk. Done with delays. Done with paying extra for less. I'm done with KOOKS. I've already bought a 10lb spool of stainless wire. Did this a while ago when my confidence was broken in two. Add a bit of argon and I'll do it myself. While I'm there I'm cutting off both tips and probably adding slip fits for the Corsa tips I kept.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

that sucks man.

i hope you get it worked out.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation and hope you get it repaired the way you like it.

I hope my install of Kooks headers and Y on my truck goes well. If not, I'll be one Pissed SOB ! Only reason I went with them is I won a $250 coupon. And all the good I heard in the past.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

sorry about your problems i have ARH for four years been on car for that long started amotor change sprayed a little kroil and they came right apart if i recall they slid together the first time right into my gmmg catback no issues. Im just sayin" good luck friend you should be treated like gold what happened to:the customers always right!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 215 Likes on 95 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Sucks to hear but gives ppl an idea what to expect....

Quick Reply: Kooks fbody dual fitment issues